Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

Given the failure to meet expectations, I would not be surprised if a lot of what Sully, Vic and even La Canfora reported was true. Who knows, but I would expect internal disagreements about players and coaching to happen when the team is losing and people try to protect their jobs and their decisions.

A lot of money was spent by our new owners last offseason and expectations were not met. The focus should be on why the team regressed and fixing things for the future. Why are people wasting time getting angry at reporters and so-called NFL insiders? The Bills have not made the playoffs in 16 years. Shouldn't that be what we are all frustrated about?

Now that's productive!

As for Sully's solid source, predicting Pegula will clean house after another disappointing season is not exactly going out on a limb.

Why do I get frustrated with these reporters? Because they don't actually report anything. They push our buttons.

Every one of these last 16 seasons is a story that rarely is explained fully. I like to understand why things go wrong, what has to be fixed, what can be built on. I don't want to hear Eeyore braying plaintively.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know I can't buy the "CEO/owner" of any type of company making a statement like that. Smart people don't talk like that, not about what they might do in another year. Yes I'm sure TP isn't happy and did think about making changes, but can't believe he'd talk about it to anyone unless the source is Russ Brandon. Others may have heard that TP is unhappy and would make changes, but "blow up" leaves much to interpretation.

Me too. I'm certainly not a huge fan of Sully (although I think he's more right than people give him credit for here), but I have a hunch he's not wrong here.

"Doug Whaley is safe for now, but the GM isnt as safe as the apologists want you to believe. Its interesting how the Bills state media jumped to the GMs defense after the Eagles game. Whaley is still on thin ice; his contention that he and Ryan are on good terms is laughable.

A solid source tells me that if the Bills have another disappointing season in 2016, Pegula will blow the football department sky-high as he did, much too late, with the Sabres."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/30/jerry-sullivans-mailbag-ryan-whaley-will-be-under-the-microscope-next-season/

Sully is relying on a "solid" source here, and I tend to believe him. He rarely uses that sort of qualifier.

I'm pretty sure each of those reporters has a piece of the story that's correct.

Nobody is going to tell me things are running smoothly based on these things for starters-

FJ

Cassel

Carpenter/Cundiff

Releasing Gay and Thigpen only to resign them

I'd like to know Whaleys opinion of Rex.

I would think that if there was a non public plan which involved retooling the D, cutting Mario, etc....then Whaley could easily be in lockstep with Rex(as reported).

I find it difficult to imagine Whaley being happy with Rex if the plan was what was projected from OBD a year ago.