Ted Cruz

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s it like to have a friend run for president?

by Jay Nordlinger

In the new issue of National Review, I have a piece about Ted Cruz. I’d like to expand on it here in Impromptus. I think that both pro-Cruz people and anti-Cruz people will find certain things of interest. Same with people in between.

Okay, here we go … It’s really strange to have a friend running for president. It’s strange enough to have a friend in the U.S. Senate. There are only a hundred of them, you know. It’s the house of Daniel Webster, Henry Clay, Robert Taft …

I met Ted Cruz on the presidential campaign of George W. Bush in 2000. I had taken a leave of absence from NR to assist that campaign. This was in mid-September, for the last six or seven weeks of the campaign. (The campaign, so to speak, stretched into mid-December, but that’s a wholly different story.)
Ted was a domestic-policy advisor on the campaign. We bonded, as they say. We had many a late-night discussion at Earl Campbell’s barbecue joint and other choice spots.
Ted’s father had been a refugee from Cuba. His son had an unusual appreciation of freedom, and an unusual detestation of tyranny.
Let me say some more about Ted’s father, and his mother. I’d like to excerpt from a column I wrote in ’09:
Ted is from an all-American family. His mother, Eleanor, was the first in her family to go to college. She earned a math degree at Rice, working her way through. His father, Rafael, was a Cuban immigrant. At age 14, he was fighting alongside Castro and the boys. At 17, he was nabbed by government forces — Batista forces — and thrown into prison. He was beaten and tortured almost to death. His father — Ted’s grandfather — bribed his way out.
Rafael bolted for America, enrolling in the University of Texas. This was 1957. He was 18, didn’t speak a word of English. He had a slide rule in his pocket — the only thing they’d let him take out of the country. And 100 dollars sewn into his underwear. His mother had put it there.
He worked like mad, learning English very quickly. And he soon started going around Austin to places like Rotary and Kiwanis, talking about the Cuban revolution and raising money for Castro. After the revolution triumphs, Castro reveals himself for what he is: and Rafael goes back to all those places, apologizing. He did not mean to mislead them.
And his sister back in Cuba joins the counterrevolutionaries, fighting against Castro. She is captured by government forces — Castroite forces. And tortured.
Let me say something blunt: Ted Cruz has no illusion whatsoever about Cuban Communism, or any other kind of Communism, or any other kind of tyranny. And that is something refreshing in an American. Would that we all had it.

Ted had a fancy education. He went to Princeton University, where he was a debate champion, and to Harvard Law School, where he was an editor on several publications, including the Law Review.

Roger Stone Drops Bombshell After Bombshell About Cruz Sex Scandal: If It's Not All True, "Sue Me Immediately"

So after getting a moment in the Enquirer as the only quoted source in that joke of a story, he's now doing Sunday morning AM talk shows to get out his word?

If it's all true, where is Katrina Pierson's story? Where is this all important Trump spokesperson cited as a woman that had an affair with Cruz?

What? Are you saying that wasn't true either?

How could that be?

Unless, y'know...this is all just one big fabrication?

C'mon, Katrina. Enquiring minds want to know.

So after getting a moment in the Enquirer as the only quoted source in that joke of a story, he's now doing Sunday morning AM talk shows to get out his word?

If it's all true, where is Katrina Pierson's story? Where is this all important Trump spokesperson cited as a woman that had an affair with Cruz?

What? Are you saying that wasn't true either?

How could that be?

Unless, y'know...this is all just one big fabrication?

C'mon, Katrina. Enquiring minds want to know.

Hey man, the truth is on hold.

You can take all the gatorman comments of the past 12 months, put them all together in one place, and they wouldn't be as disgusting or embarrassing as this single post.

You're a pig, Ozy, and I'm only glad you're showing everyone the true face of Trump so the rest of the people who think he's some special brand of conservative leader can genuinely see that you're all nothing more than a bunch of Obama-like sleezebags.

Oh, calm down.

Let's make a PayPal bet. Sometimes between now and the general election, Cruz will have a Jimmy Swaggert moment where he has to admit that he cheated on his wife.

I say it's going to happen. You say no. $50 by paypal?

Oh, calm down.

Let's make a PayPal bet. Sometimes between now and the general election, Cruz will have a Jimmy Swaggert moment where he has to admit that he cheated on his wife.

You're a pig for posting that completely ridiculous childish BS, and I don't make wagers with pigs.

Just get Katrina to tell her story like it was told in the Enquirer. How hard is that? She's Trump's diaper changer. Surely she can confess to back up the story!

Where's Katrina????? Have her tell her story!!!!

You're a pig for posting that completely ridiculous childish BS, and I don't make wagers with pigs.

Rather be a pig than a chicken. Bawk buckbuckbuckbuck BAWK!

Just get Katrina to tell her story like it was told in the Enquirer. How hard is that? She's Trump's diaper changer. Surely she can confess to back up the story!

Where's Katrina????? Have her tell her story!!!!

Katrina Pierson did not sleep with Cruz.

Sarah Flores and Amanda Carpenter did, however. Possibly others.

Katrina Pierson did not sleep with Cruz.

Sarah Flores and Amanda Carpenter did, however. Possibly others.

Well, that's pretty convenient, don't you think?

What is Katrina protecting? Who is covering for her? Why is Trump's spokesperson lying about all the men she's had affairs with? Is she having one with Trump? Or is it true that Trump prefers little boys? That's what we hear, so it must be true!!!

Enquiring minds want to know!!!!

Well, that's pretty convenient, don't you think?

What is Katrina protecting? Who is covering for her? Why is Trump's spokesperson lying about all the men she's had affairs with? Is she having one with Trump? Or is it true that Trump prefers little boys? That's what we hear, so it must be true!!!

Enquiring minds want to know!!!!

Katrina Pierson did not sleep with Cruz because Ozymandius is Katrina Pierson.

Katrina Pierson did not sleep with Cruz because Ozymandius is Katrina Pierson.

Ozy slept with Cruz? Quick. Someone call the Enquirer.

Ted Cruz in Homosexual Three Way With One Person! Cruz is Immoral AND He Can't Count!!

Hurry. Someone photoshop an old Cruz pic and get it to the Trumpettes to start spreading around!!!

Ozy slept with Cruz? Quick. Someone call the Enquirer.

Ted Cruz in Homosexual Three Way With One Person! Cruz is Immoral AND He Can't Count!!

Hurry. Someone photoshop an old Cruz pic and get it to the Trumpettes to start spreading around!!!

Can't count?! But that's his whole job!

CL5rXtjUsAIRmNB.jpg

Ted wins in Wisconsin...............

......................Votes.................%...................Delegates
Cruz.............232,924.............51.9%..................24
Trump..........140,749............ 31.4%..................0
Kasich..........64,478...............14.4%..................0
Cruz-Victory-Speech-Wisconsin-Heidi-Walk Scott Walker, Ted & Heidi

Oh, calm down.

Good luck with that, LA is a coward's coward