Tyrod Taylor and the Heroic Run to 7-9

UBBullsfan

So you'd rather tie the game than win it, and you are weighing tying higher than winning? Cool. I will say again, he has had a game winning drive in 2 of his 11 starts.

Jp Losman had a few game winning drives. You want to give him a call and see what he is up to? Didn't think so

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can buy that, but what about the next play when he sails the ball over Robert Woods head into double coverage?

The previous play makes the next play that much harder when your behind the sticks. Hes not perfect but the kids got 5 picks on the season and some solid numbers. Its his first year starting. I love the kid.

The previous play makes the next play that much harder when your behind the sticks. Hes not perfect but the kids got 5 picks on the season and some solid numbers. Its his first year starting. I love the kid.

I could go out there and not turn the ball over. If that's your metric of success, you need a new one.

The 5th rated QB in the NFL is dragging the Bills down!

Set a franchise record for highest QB rating

What a bum

CBF

Can we stop celebrating cute stats? He throws no INTs because he takes no chances and once won a game with 11 completions.

It's a shiny toy and you guys are helpless if you can't see that every time we need a win late he is not capable of making the tough throws. He chokes. If it's not a layup to Clay with no defense on the field the passing game is awful.

Seriously, wake up. His stats are not sustainable in games where we need to throw. Look at this game. 50% completion. It's garbage and you are still mesmerized by squeezing out wins against the Titans and Texans. He is the most overrated player on this team and all of his stats will regress to the mean when he is called upon to make throws to win.

You guys say that he's the fifth rated passer? The fourth rated passer (Tom Brady) has 230 MORE passing attempts than him. It's not sustainable. You'd have to be a complete sucker to think that he's the 5th best quarterback in the NFL!
Edited by fridge

Can we stop celebrating cute stats? He throws no INTs because he takes no chances and once won a game with 11 completions.

It's a shiny toy and you guys are helpless if you can't see that every time we need a win late he is not capable of making the tough throws. He chokes. If it's not a layup to Clay with no defense on the field the passing game is awful.

Seriously, wake up. His stats are not sustainable in games where we need to throw. Look at this game. 50% completion. It's garbage and you are still mesmerized by squeezing out wins against the Titans and Texans. He is the most overrated player on this team and all of his stats will regress to the mean when he is called upon to make throws to win.

You guys say that he's the fifth rated passer? The fourth rated passer (Tom Brady) has 230 MORE passing attempts than him. It's not sustainable. You'd have to be a complete sucker to think that he's the 5th best quarterback in the NFL!

This is blatantly incorrect if you have been watching him throw to a double covered Sammy in tight windows in the last few weeks.

This is blatantly incorrect if you have been watching him throw to a double covered Sammy in tight windows in the last few weeks.

I will give credit where credit is due. After a frustrating 9 weeks of not heaving it to Sammy, the last three weeks he has been tossing it his way. That's not entirely what I meant by taking chances, and really you could argue only the one in Kansas City was really double coverage. Sammy himself said if you throw it to me it's 50% a catch 50% I'll knock it down.

I will give credit where credit is due. After a frustrating 9 weeks of not heaving it to Sammy, the last three weeks he has been tossing it his way. That's not entirely what I meant by taking chances, and really you could argue only the one in Kansas City was really double coverage. Sammy himself said if you throw it to me it's 50% a catch 50% I'll knock it down.

So you mean he doesn't take "bad" chances? No passes to linebacker's chests in the hopes it deflects into Sammy's hands? Is that the missing ingredient?

This guy is 0-5 on game tieing drives in the 4th quarter. He is mostly a one read quarterback. Almost all of his throws are to the sidelines. He is good at the deep ball, but we have had other QBs that were good at the deep ball since Kelly retired. Didn't get us anywhere.

The twin towers were standing the last time the Bills played a playoff game.

Don't do it, you will be persecuted for sharing an unpopular opinion. It is not allowed to speak the truth about Taylor.

So you mean he doesn't take "bad" chances? No passes to linebacker's chests in the hopes it deflects into Sammy's hands? Is that the missing ingredient?

What's your point here? He took a chance at the end of the Eagles game and showed his true colors.

Don't do it, you will be persecuted for sharing an unpopular opinion. It is not allowed to speak the truth about Taylor.

Not...even...close.

All anyone has ever asked regarding Taylor is to criticize him for the things he doesn't do well, not abstract-at-best statements that don't apply to him. For example, with apologies to fridge, "he doesn't take chances" is a criticism that's come up in this thread. It's simply untrue. If anything, he needs to learn to take the easy first down (whether it's running himself or hitting the short target) instead of throwing downfield on 3rd and 3.

He did the same thing the previous week, throwing to a (mostly) covered Woods in the end zone instead of taking an uncontested first down keeper. That's the de facto opposite of not taking chances.

In fact, I'd say that the most infuriating thing about discussions centered around Taylor is that the truth is almost never conveyed.

Edited by thebandit27

I could go out there and not turn the ball over. If that's your metric of success, you need a new one.

It is a huge measurable- bad quarterbacks are turnover machines. One of the biggest attributes of a QB is taking care of the ball. That ends of equatiing into the QB rating- for a reason I am sure. I am not going to argue tho- your the man! Have a super day

He is 0-5 when he has to pass 30 or more times. 30 passing attempts in todays NFL should not be a huge favor to ask to get a win.

Excuse me, that's not what we were talking about.

Not...even...close.

All anyone has ever asked regarding Taylor is to criticize him for the things he doesn't do well, not abstract-at-best statements that don't apply to him. For example, with apologies to fridge, "he doesn't take chances" is a criticism that's come up in this thread. It's simply untrue. If anything, he needs to learn to take the easy first down (whether it's running himself or hitting the short target) instead of throwing downfield on 3rd and 3.

He did the same thing the previous week, throwing to a (mostly) covered Woods in the end zone instead of taking an uncontested first down keeper. That's the de facto opposite of not taking chances.

In fact, I'd say that the most infuriating thing about discussions centered around Taylor is that the truth is almost never conveyed.

It's all EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeJjjjjjjjj's fault.

18 TDs , 5 INTs . That's a pretty good ratio. If the metric was not turning the ball over, then no 5 TDs to 5 INTs wouldn't be getting it done. Tyrod isn't close to perfect, but he shows promise. He should be back barring an obviously better option,no?

Excuse me, that's not what we were talking about.

Yes it is, actually. You took one small part of my "rant" and ran with it. My real point was that when you rely on Tyrod, when you need him to make throws, we lose. That's what I meant by taking chances. When we need a QB late in the game to step it up.