16 years (it appears)

Is this a record? Has any team manged to miss the playoffs for 16 straight years since the merger? In this age of parity, with the salary cap, and the draft process, and the scheduling procedures, all designed to weaken the strong and strengthen the weak, I think it's time to embrace the Bills as baseball fans have embraced the Cubs. The Bills may be losers, but at least they're our losers, and we know we can always count on them to do what they do best, in new and creative ways that continue to amaze us. I can't wait until next year, as we go for 17!

Sometimes I open these just to see the post count of the OP

and

yep.......

What is your point? Do you have to have a certain amount of posts to start a thread? His screen name alone tells me about how long he has been a fan. Whats the standard?

Is this a record? Has any team manged to miss the playoffs for 16 straight years since the merger? In this age of parity, with the salary cap, and the draft process, and the scheduling procedures, all designed to weaken the strong and strengthen the weak, I think it's time to embrace the Bills as baseball fans have embraced the Cubs. The Bills may be losers, but at least they're our losers, and we know we can always count on them to do what they do best, in new and creative ways that continue to amaze us. I can't wait until next year, as we go for 17!

The record is 20 or 21. Tried to look it up and I got both answers. (Packers for 21 and Cards for 20. Not sure which is right.) If you are looking for something to make you feel bad, 16 is the longest current playoff drought in all 4 major league sports.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The longest playoff drought since 1990 when the league went to 6 team conference playoff format was owned by the Cincinnati Bengals from 1991-2004. Buffalo has them beat now by 2 seasons.

And keep in mind, those Cincinnati years featured the owner acting as GM, so there was no firing the front office leader.

Not starting a thread asking a question that can be answered in five seconds with Google.

look there jimmy10. He just got two replies with facts he probably would not have found on google. The OP has a valid point in his post.

Edited by JTown

The National Fixed Leauge is just not going to allow us to get there very often,

so we just have to deal with it.

We have to many other more sexy and marketable teams ahead of us like JJ Watt,

er I mean the Texans, and Gronk, er I mean the Pats, or Payron, er I mean the Broncos.

We have nobody worth of marketing, including the city itself.

They like the old school teams like the Stellers and the Pack, we need to find another

past time, this one has passed over us!

I am prepared to move on, oh, I will still follow my team, but with the thought process above

firmly implanted in brain, it's called maintaining sanity!

Edited by Tu-Toned