Pick on Ertz Reception?

Mikie2times

Very rare for me to post about a non call on the forum as it seems just about every non call is always a hot topic. I suppose it's being outdone by the cementing of our playoff fate. I thought this was a very bad non call. Graham had an angle to make a play on Ertz but got completely taken out. This led to the game winning FG for the Eagles. Was it just as obvious a pick play to everybody else?

Very rare for me to post about a non call on the forum as it seems just about every non call is always a hot topic. I suppose it's being outdone by the cementing of our playoff fate. I thought this was a very bad non call. Graham had an angle to make a play on Ertz but got completely taken out. This led to the game winning FG for the Eagles. Was it just as obvious a pick play to everybody else?

It was an obvious pick play. It was a damaging non-call. On the other hand I'm sure the Eagles can point out questionable plays that worked against them.

In general, compared to the level of officiating in the league I thought this crew did a good job.

There are many reasons why the Bills lost this game. The officiating had little to do with it.

When I watched it live my initial reaction was it was a pick. After watching the replay I more saw a case of the Bill's player crashing into the Eagle who not even sure was moving at that instant. Granted the reason he crashed into him was because the Eagle player put himself into a position to get in his way, but when that happens rarely will you get the call. From what I've sen to get the pick call you need to get in the way of the DB, then keep moving to continue to be in the way of the defender as he attempts to go around you. Didn't really see that happen here.

On another note, with regards to the four off-sides, I've always wondered why more teams don't do that whenever a defensive player jumps, immediately jump up or snap the ball as guarantees you'll get the call. Too often you just hold your ground and give enough time for the D-lineman to get back on-sides, then there's no call either way.

When I watched it live my initial reaction was it was a pick. After watching the replay I more saw a case of the Bill's player crashing into the Eagle who not even sure was moving at that instant. Granted the reason he crashed into him was because the Eagle player put himself into a position to get in his way, but when that happens rarely will you get the call. From what I've sen to get the pick call you need to get in the way of the DB, then keep moving to continue to be in the way of the defender as he attempts to go around you. Didn't really see that happen here.

On another note, with regards to the four off-sides, I've always wondered why more teams don't do that whenever a defensive player jumps, immediately jump up or snap the ball as guarantees you'll get the call. Too often you just hold your ground and give enough time for the D-lineman to get back on-sides, then there's no call either way.

Coaching matters!

Agreed, but not like I've seen 27 other teams doing that either. Most times, the OL freezes, and no call or the defender did completly rattle him to the point he did move, where as in this game do think the Eagle players were smart enough to deliberately move. That's the only time I've seen a team do that, not even the Pats seem to instinctively do that.

Coaching matters!

Yeah but still...McLovin.

Non call on Leodis when he grabbed a facemask of Ertz I think. And I still don't know how they gave him the INT when the review clearly showed the ball hitting the turf. Still that pick was obvious. With all of the holding calls against us they should have called that pick.

Non call on Leodis when he grabbed a facemask of Ertz I think. And I still don't know how they gave him the INT when the review clearly showed the ball hitting the turf. Still that pick was obvious. With all of the holding calls against us they should have called that pick.

The ball can touch the ground, so long as he didn't trap it. Hochuli basically said they couldn't tell whether it was a trap, which I think is the right call.

Full on pick blatantly done before the pass is caught. Right in front of at least 3 officials. How on earth do they all miss that? It was completely intentional and just because the Eagle player got hurt (or maybe he was selling it to make it seem like an inadvertent collision) it doesn't matter. The officiating this year has been the worst of any type of football I have watched ever. Consistent crap every week. Every week a gaffe or a blown call. The refs need a serious overhaul!!

It was an obvious pick play. It was a damaging non-call. On the other hand I'm sure the Eagles can point out questionable plays that worked against them.

In general, compared to the level of officiating in the league I thought this crew did a good job.

There are many reasons why the Bills lost this game. The officiating had little to do with it.

You thought that crew did a good job??? That was one of the worst performances by an officiating crew I've ever seen.

15 penalties to 5 and several calls missed with refs standing right there is just ridiculously one sided. They even tried to take Sammys TD away and the guy was literally right there with his only responsibility being to watch the receivers feet. The blatant pick was a disgrace