POLL: Fire Rex and/or Whaley?

dtgolder

Should we fire Rex and Whaley?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Pegulas release Rex and/or Whaley?

• Fire Rex now; keep Whaley
    • Fire Whaley now; keep Rex
    • Fire both Rex and Whaley
    • Keep both Rex and Whaley

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex Ryan should be fired; however, he wont be. He signed a five year contract and no team in the league is going to pay a guy for four years to do nothing (except Washington). He took a great defense and turned them into a bottom five team. He obviously has lost a step when it comes to calling plays. First thing that needs to happen is he needs to step away from the DC job. Just be the head coach. Hire someone else to be the DC.

The big take away, IMO, Pegula has kept the plan they way he set up the Sabres. True business man. You bring in clients with false promises and good looking schemes, then when the thing takes a poop, you shrug and promise to fix it.

They should have hired Schwartz.

He built a 6-7 team, to be fair.

The team has lost due to poor coaching and execution. The talent is there.

Fire Whaley.

Casuals are delusional about how talented this roster is. The depth behind this overrated starting roster is horrific as well.

I read and heard so many times over the offseason that the Bills had the best starting roster outside of QB. We found a QB that was better than many of us expected and yet we underperformed. It comes down to coaching.

The team has lost due to poor coaching and execution. The talent is there.

I read and heard so many times over the offseason that the Bills had the best starting roster outside of QB. We found a QB that was better than many of us expected and yet we underperformed. It comes down to coaching.

This team is just not that good.

Whaley has done his job well, so no he shouldn't be fired.

Even though Rex has been abysmal so far, if Ryan and Roman aren't given another year to get their systems fully in place, good luck getting any half-decent coach to give Buffalo a shot in the near future.

Rex Ryan should be fired; however, he wont be. He signed a five year contract and no team in the league is going to pay a guy for four years to do nothing (except Washington). He took a great defense and turned them into a bottom five team. He obviously has lost a step when it comes to calling plays. First thing that needs to happen is he needs to step away from the DC job. Just be the head coach. Hire someone else to be the DC.

The big take away, IMO, Pegula has kept the plan they way he set up the Sabres. True business man. You bring in clients with false promises and good looking schemes, then when the thing takes a poop, you shrug and promise to fix it.

They should have hired Schwartz.

Hired Schwartz for what? Head coach?

As for the Sabres, Buffalo is in great shape for the future.

This team is just not that good.

They are not good because of the coaching.

A defense as good as out 2014 squad that loses one player who is not a key piece, adds a DROY to play CB and moves a solid CB to replace the lost safety should be as good or better than the 2014 version.

Our offense is maybe more up for debate, but the roster is solid.

We have a grossly overpaid defensive line, a lousy offensive line, average linebackers, we overpaid for Sammy (no first round pick this year because of it), we reached on EJ in the first round (Whaley made the call on that pick), and we're a .500 this year and last.

I don't dislike Whaley. I think he's done well with mid- and late-round picks. But, he certainly doesn't walk on water.

As for the Bills, Whaley HAS NOT set up the team for great shape in the future.

They are losers in the present and will be in the future with how this team is constructed.

I don't think you are going out on a limb there. Bills have been bad for a long time and haven't dug themselves out.

I still haven't seen the anti-Whaley people list even one credible candidate for GM.

Realistically can't see Rex getting fired unless he does something really stupid off the field, not after one year. I really don't think Whaley is the problem, but even if I did, if you fire him, then we're setting things up for another situation here just like Rex had in NY where the you have a GM who didn't hire the HC unless you want to allow Rex to choose the GM which then could create even bigger problems.

Typically I beleive front office contracts expire on May 1st, after the draft, I think you'll see Whaley get like a 2 year extension, that way if Rex does have another bad year, you can fire him and then only eating one year of Whaleys contract. Or worst two bad years from Rex, then only owe three years to Rex and nothing to Whaley.

Based on the contract he was given, Rex isnt getting fired anytime soon. The concept of this thread is trash.

Rex's contract does make it difficult to dump him after only one season.

But given how the fan base has soured so quickly, I think it's entirely possible somebody could set up a Kickstarter or GoFundMe to raise enough cash to buy out the remainder of his contract