Looking forward to the off season and the draft

Nitro

Here is a short list of things that need to be addressed

1. The Bills have talent but are lacking in several areas (Right OT is still not settled. LB needs to be beefed up. A legitimate #2 WR. Woods is fumble prone.)

2. Rex needs to be sat down and told he took a top 5 defense and now they are 19th.

3. Work on team discipline. Too many cheap penalties.

4. Change up the coaching staff. Crossman and Thurman are holding the team back.

5. Bring in younger and more innovative minds to the coaching staff.

I hope the Bills get it together and make a strong run and into the playoffs next year. GO BILLS.

How are you possibly looking forward to next season? What massive talent gap are you seeing defense that makes you believe it can be upgraded? What possibly makes you think that the penalty situation with magically better?

And the biggest...what the !@#$ do you see to make you think Rex will figure out how to coach and lead a team.

You're whole premise is based upon needing to beef up the LB's and fixing the offense, which is our bright spot. Everything else is coaching and these guys just got signed. No one is going anywhere on that staff.

This is our team. This is who we are next year too. Get used to it

So you're OK with TT

If you look at the talent in the draft and their probable position, you are not going to land a starter. It will be a project type QB, The Bills front office will fill needs in the draft. Taylor is our starter and that is why omitted that as a need.

TT is fine. Watkins, Clay, Dareus, a healthy KW and AW are all solid.

Priority is to bring back Incognito and decide what to do with Glenn. I would let Glenn test FA and see if you can get him to come back on a reasonable contract. He is nothing special. I would go so far as to franchise Richie to get one more good year out of him.

Just draft OT, LB, OLB, and DE. And get a new kicker that can kick FG's and kick off.

Wood has had a nice bounce back year and is fine at C.

How are you possibly looking forward to next season? What massive talent gap are you seeing defense that makes you believe it can be upgraded? What pThe ossibly makes you think that the penalty situation with magically better?

And the biggest...what the !@#$ do you see to make you think Rex will figure out how to coach and lead a team.

You're whole premise is based upon needing to beef up the LB's and fixing the offense, which is our bright spot. Everything else is coaching and these guys just got signed. No one is going anywhere on that staff.

This is our team. This is who we are next year too. Get used to it

The Bills had discipline problems in the Kelly era and Levy got that taken care of. Defensive line, when healthy, is one of the best in the NFL. LBs are the weakest position on the defense, Rex is not an idiot. He has coached teams into the playoffs. I think the staff he assembled is subpar. You see head coaches replace assistants in the off season, a very common practice. Heck some do it in mid season. Mistakes can be corrected. I have watched this team since 65 and this is a talented team.

What? Yeah, have fun with that rebuild because that's what's next

Rebuild? Outline what needs to be done. I am interested in your thinking on that topic.

IMO the best thing the Bills can do is keep the staff and the key offensive personal together. Let Rex and Whaley make the changes on the D to better fit his scheme through player cuts, FA and draft.

An entire offseason getting more comfortable in Roman's scheme and OTAs, TC with TT as the starter with all the reps would be huge. They should add a QB, but not have an "open competition." Very few QBs right out of college are going to come in and make the playoffs. They should add one in the draft to take EJ's place and develop. Also add a vet backup QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Bills had discipline problems in the Kelly era and Levy got that taken care of. Defensive line, when healthy, is one of the best in the NFL. LBs are the weakest position on the defense, Rex is not an idiot. He has coached teams into the playoffs. I think the staff he assembled is subpar. You see head coaches replace assistants in the off season, a very common practice. Heck some do it in mid season. Mistakes can be corrected. I have watched this team since 65 and this is a talented team.

Rebuild? Outline what needs to be done. I am interested in your thinking on that topic.

I do think that D is gonna have to transform a bit.....these are not Rex D players I guess

Aging defense, bad oline, terrible coaching and a middle of the road qb. What about that spells looking forward to.....

Kyle and Mario are 10 year vets, Okay, rest of the line is 6 years or less. McKelvin is 8 year vet but the DBs are 4 years or less. Lbs are all 4 years or less. Age is not a problem. Bad day for the line today but overall a solid season. RT needs to be settled, as I noted earlier, Taylor is doing well in his first year as a starter. He heeds a QB coach to work with him in the off season like a John Gruden type.

I do think that D is gonna have to transform a bit.....these are not Rex D players I guess

I agree. Looks like square pegs and round holes. I think Mario is gone.

If you look at the talent in the draft and their probable position, you are not going to land a starter. It will be a project type QB, The Bills front office will fill needs in the draft. Taylor is our starter and that is why omitted that as a need.

Your's points are valid, but what i fear is that the team don't bring competence at QB wich will make TT better or expendable Edited by poblano

IMO the best thing the Bills can do is keep the staff and the key offensive personal together. Let Rex and Whaley make the changes on the D to better fit his scheme through player cuts, FA and draft.

An entire offseason getting more comfortable in Roman's scheme and OTAs, TC with TT as the starter with all the reps would be huge. They should add a QB, but not have an "open competition." Very few QBs right out of college are going to come in and make the playoffs. They should add one in the draft to take EJ's place and develop. Also add a vet backup QB.

Rex likes big DTs to dominate the interior and aggressive ILBs

Your's points are valid, but what i fear is that the team don't bring competence at QB wich will make TT better or expendable

I agree that he needs a a better QB behind him to push him. EJ is not the answer.

Im looking forward to watching the Sabres grow as a team- they are getting better

Wrong message board but you are so correct. :) They remind me of the Sabres in the early 70s. You can see the talent grow and develop.