Any of your 'political' relatives visiting you at Christmas?

Bad news for me - I have both 'liberal' sister and 'conservative' sister coming to visit at the same time.

:death:

Ahhh the ole good witch bad witch. I've spent Christmas once with my family in over 30 years. It's always nice and quiet with me and my crazy right wing wife. :D

No.

They're actually more ignorant than the people on this board. I've got liberal relatives that think I'm a die-hard anti-gay, anti-science, pro-Iraq-war Republican. And I've conservative relatives who believe I'm anti-gun, anti-religion, pro-Islam leftist. It wasn't too bad until my siblings had kids...then it just got too depressing, watching them be raised as completely mindless drones.

No.

They're actually more ignorant than the people on this board. I've got liberal relatives that think I'm a die-hard anti-gay, anti-science, pro-Iraq-war Republican. And I've conservative relatives who believe I'm anti-gun, anti-religion, pro-Islam leftist. It wasn't too bad until my siblings had kids...then it just got too depressing, watching them be raised as completely mindless drones.

This sounds strikingly similar to my family.

I try having political conversations but i'm usually the only one that brings "facts" to the table and it ends quickly. Mostly, I hear that it's too depressing to think about.

It usually boils down to the liberals calling the republicans "selfish" and the conservatives calling the democrats "idiots."

No.

Liberals are right given those alternatives. More precise would be a Limbaugh parrot:

- global warming is a liberal conspiracy ...√

- gun regulation is a government conspiracy to remove the citizenry's weapons before a massive assault on them....√

- Israel's continued settlement expansion is "defensive".....√

- US intervention around the globe is an expression of "exceptionalism"....√

- gays and African Americans are never the target of discrimination....√

- funding for entitlement programs should be eliminated, defense spending should be unlimited...√

- when in doubt blame the Clintons...√ (granted this is a reasonably good guess in many instances)

- Iran nuclear energy deal was a covert Obama plan to provide them with nuclear weapons...√

Edited by JTSP

Liberals are right given those alternatives. More precise would be a Limbaugh parrot:

- global warming is a liberal conspiracy ...√

- gun regulation is a government conspiracy to remove the citizenry's weapons before a massive assault on them....√

- Israel's continued settlement expansion is "defensive".....√

- US intervention around the globe is an expression of "exceptionalism"....√

- gays and African Americans are never the target of discrimination....√

- funding for entitlement programs should be eliminated, defense spending should be unlimited...√

- when in doubt blame the Clintons...√ (granted this is a reasonably good guess in many instances)

- Iran nuclear energy deal was a covert Obama plan to provide them with nuclear weapons...√

None of which I believe or have ever espoused, you illiterate turd biscuit.

lol

Why do people attribute you as a right winger?

Because I don't support a federal definition of marriage, think people should take responsibility for themselves, think the ACA is a great big pile of dog****, and I supported the invasion of Iraq (which I didn't, but that never seems to matter.)

Because I don't support a federal definition of marriage, think people should take responsibility for themselves, think the ACA is a great big pile of dog****, and I supported the invasion of Iraq (which I didn't, but that never seems to matter.)

That's not so bad. Someone once called me "Ann Coulter".

I remember way back in the day catching all kinds of s**t from friends for not being all gung-ho for invading Iraq

Then a couple of years later surprising those same friends by supporting the Surge® and Colin Powell's You Break It You Own It statement. Because prematurely withdrawing from Iraq in the condition that we put it in.

Well what could possibly go wrong? :wallbash:

Lol keeps saying that about something 13 years ago which of course he can't prove, and no one can disprove. Yet theres a littany of more recent posts that lavish praise on Bush foreign policy

My two retard in-laws will be gracing my home and parroting Rush Limbaughs screed, or at least try too. It all the Mexicans and Blacks fault they are going to be running into retirement on fumes, wholly dependent on social program like Medicare and SS. If I tune into Rush this afternoon, I know exactly what to expect from them that evening. In a way they're the perfect Americans, worked a like time ended up with nothing..... It's smart people like me that depend on such stupidity to get ahead..

And on the other side, we will visit our Liberal extended family in their gate community on x-mas day. The ones who jail break their Apple TV and phones so they can get all kind of content for free, illegally. The ones who think everyone should get everything from the government but take steep liberties on reporting taxes and deductions.

Yep, they'll all be seen this holiday season.

Lol keeps saying that about something 13 years ago which of course he can't prove, and no one can disprove. Yet theres a littany of more recent posts that lavish praise on Bush foreign policy

Tom lavishing praise on Bush foreign policy? That's a good one. Hell I don't think I've heard him lavish praise on anything.

You mean you don't understand how the search function and the archives work?

Tom lavishing praise on Bush foreign policy? That's a good one. Hell I don't think I've heard him lavish praise on anything.

I don't think that's quite accurate. I think Tom has said at least Bush had a foreign policy compared to Obama's whatever it is that he decreed on a particular day.

/waits patiently under table to be called an idiot.

Edit thought I was quoting jtsp.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

You mean you don't understand how the search function and the archives work?

Those posts from 2002 are long gone. But there's plenty of people here who remember.

Of course, I'm talking about why liberals in my family think I'm conservative. They typically don't make their judgments on my posting history. :doh: