Numbers

Marrone vs Ryan argument made me look at the numbers from last year, over all it's pretty close although the teams are not very much a like.

2014 under Marrone

after 11 games 6-5 9-7 final going 3-2 in the final 5

stats are for all 16 games

offense average total yards = 318.5 games scoring 20 or more 8 times

defense average yards against = 312.2 games giving up 20 or more 8 times

2014 remained overall extremely healthy as a team also playing with an 11 year vet at QB

2015 under Ryan

after 11 games 5-6 ( 5 game to be played)

offensive average = 355.9 games scoring 20 or more 7 times

currently after 11 games = 347.1 games giving up 20 or more 6 times

2015 injuries have knocked out pro bowl players Kyle and Aaron Williams for more than half the season. The additions of Charles Clay has helped the offense but Percy Harvin has also joined the list of injured players after only 4 games. Playing with a first year starting quarterback who currently has 9 starts under his belt

I'm mad at numbers. There's too many.

If infinite is too many, then you may have a point. If people being able to jerk them around to suit their needs, then you may have a point. My point is we have two very disappointing results, but that's me.

Marrone vs Ryan argument made me look at the numbers from last year, over all it's pretty close although the teams are not very much a like.

2014 under Marrone

2014 remained overall extremely healthy as a team also playing with an 11 year vet at QB

2015 under Ryan

2015 injuries have knocked out pro bowl players Kyle and Aaron Williams for more than half the season. The additions of Charles Clay has helped the offense but Percy Harvin has also joined the list of injured players after only 4 games. Playing with a first year starting quarterback who currently has 9 starts under his belt

When was Aaron Williams a pro bowl player?

2014 under Marrone

2015 under Ryan

Great post. Thanks for posting the numbers and stats. I can't stand the ignorant comments such as "and?" after this post. If only these trolls would stay in their caves, the informative posts would be in much better focus. There is a lot of criticism against Rex Ryan and putting the games in context provides a better lens for critique. I am happy Rex Ryan is our coach. We haven't gotten worse and we are relevant again.

Two main numbers that mean really anything to me 1) 15 yr playoff drought and 2) record, and 5-6 not getting it done. The others stats are just that stats.... Another number that i see, is the $100 plus contract that was given for MD and he seems to be following in another players, who got a crazy contract, name Heynesworth..... To follow that up wtih the crazy contract that was issued for "let me see how many personal fouls and offside flags i can get" Hughes....

i would expect you could draw your own conclusions, I'm reading the fire Rex and Marrone was better stuff so I thought I'd look at the numbers

Marrone hired a better DC, didnt have a running game and went 9-7

Rex has a much better running game, better QB play for the most part and will most likely not match that 9-7 record

i am not a Marrone fan but somehow the team has regressed under Rex

Edited by Max997