Playoff Machine is up. Have fun

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take playoff machine and start with defense rank as starting criteria Dalass is winner of NFC(l)East.

If you change results of last game vs Jest after that to a Buffalo win since Buffalo has beaten them before on the road, Bills take 6th seed.

Edited by Koolaid

Do the Chiefs really look like a team that can win 10 in a row?

Not to me, and they have 2 division games left, and just like in the AFC East, division rivalry games can be tough.

I agree, they will probably not win 10 straight.. Maybe it is just sour grapes on my part.

I would not count out the Browns beating Checkdown Alice and the Chiefs

Manziel could come in and make some huge plays for them knowing that his career is on the line. Pettine might have one of his good coaching games (I still think he's a decent coach in a horrible situation).

That Browns offense can put up #'s when it's clicking.

I don't see Houston vs NE* as important to us. We beat them already so we have the head to head, and between them and Indy there will not be a wild card team. I would LOVE to see the continual beating down of Tom Brady behind that patchwork OL continue.

People outside of NE* are not talking a lot about the absolute pounding Brady is taking, but up here (I sadly live in NE* country) it's a huge topic. Even the Eagles D was smacking him around and pressuring him constantly.

I want more of that, courtest of Watt, Wilfork and Clowney.

Personally, any scenario where the Bills do not win out and they're done. There could be a few teams sitting at 9-7 that would have the tiebreaker over the Bills.

Wrong. Play with the playoff machine, or look back on other pages for specific scenarios that aren't too unbelievable.

What some people fail to realize is that the Texans and the Raiders and really the Jets for that matter, don't really matter that much at this point. If we are in a position where we have the same record as the Texans, we're not making the playoffs anyway. Same goes for the Raiders. Even if we go 3-1, either of those teams would have to go 4-0 to pass us. Not happening. The Bills need to win out and get one loss from the Steelers or lose one NFC East game and get two losses from the Steelers plus one more from the Jets. And to the person who said, "can you really picture the Chiefs winning out..." Yes, I can. They are really good. I think they'll lose one but it would take them losing two AND us winning out for us to pass them. Not happening either. It's all about beating the Eagles and rooting for Cincinnati to get that one Steelers loss out of the way. It's actually simpler than it sounds. Yes, Jets loss would be nice but we'll get our shot at them regardless.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Sundays in the NFL are unpredictable. There are upsets every week. Key players get injured. Refs make questionable calls that decide games. Etc. There's just no way to guess how this will all play out.

So I just hope the Bills win this week. And then see what happens.

What some people fail to realize is that the Texans and the Raiders and really the Jets for that matter, don't really matter that much at this point. If we are in a position where we have the same record as the Texans, we're not making the playoffs anyway. Same goes for the Raiders. Even if we go 3-1, either of those teams would have to go 4-0 to pass us. Not happening. The Bills need to win out and get one loss from the Steelers or lose one NFC East game and get two losses from the Steelers plus one more from the Jets. And to the person who said, "can you really picture the Chiefs winning out..." Yes, I can. They are really good. I think they'll lose one but it would take them losing two AND us winning out for us to pass them. Not happening either. It's all about beating the Eagles and rooting for Cincinnati to get that one Steelers loss out of the way. It's actually simpler than it sounds. Yes, Jets loss would be nice but we'll get our shot at them regardless.

Not that good.

We shall see.

If the Steelers can lose to the Bengals, Bills win 2 of next 3 and Jets lose 1 of next three, it's almost impossible for the Bills to be mathematically eliminated headed into Week 17.

What some people fail to realize is that the Texans and the Raiders and really the Jets for that matter, don't really matter that much at this point.

The Texans and the Raiders don't. The Jets do. If the Jets win their next 3 we have to win out.

I assumed he meant Steelers lose to the Bengals and that's it until Week 17. Yeah a loss to the Bengals and Broncos would be awesome.

Ah - I see what you mean. You might be right. I am worried the Bengals will crap the bed this week.

The Texans, the Raiders and the Jets do matter.

Expecting the Bills to win the next 4 games are high hopes. All of these teams in one way or another can surpass Buffalo in the rankings and all of these teams can help Buffalo reach the #5 seed.

Rooting for the Ravens, Raiders and SD to defeat KC will help the Bills immensely getting the 6th seed, maybe even the 5th seed.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

The Texans, the Raiders and the Jets do matter.

Expecting the Bills to win the next 4 games are high hopes. All of these teams in one way or another can surpass Buffalo in the rankings and all of these teams can help Buffalo reach the #5 seed.

Rooting for the Ravens, Raiders and SD to defeat KC will help the Bills immensely getting the 6th seed, maybe even the 5th seed.

I think we would all be ok with those teams beating our competition. It would be awesome if San Diego beat KC, or the Browns beat the Steelers, but we are looking at worst case scenarios.

If the Steelers win the next 4 in a row we are done. Same with the Jets. However, the Jets do not matter as much because we have some control against them Week 17. However Pittsburgh is the biggest threat because they can eliminate us beyond our control. The Steelers winning 3 out of 4 of the next conference games will give them a tie on conference record against us. The next tiebreaker is common games played and a win for them against the Bengals gives them the common games played tiebreaker on us, We would need the Steelers to lose 2 of their next 3 then, and they are playing a Schaub led Ravens, and a mess of a Browns team aside from the Broncos.

We will always be cheering for the other teams to lose but the Steelers are by far the biggest threat right now. This Bengals game is huge for us. Go Bengals!

I think we would all be ok with those teams beating our competition. It would be awesome if San Diego beat KC, or the Browns beat the Steelers, but we are looking at worst case scenarios.

If the Steelers win the next 4 in a row we are done. Same with the Jets. However, the Jets do not matter as much because we have some control against them Week 17. However Pittsburgh is the biggest threat because they can eliminate us beyond our control. The Steelers winning 3 out of 4 of the next conference games will give them a tie on conference record against us. The next tiebreaker is common games played and a win for them against the Bengals gives them the common games played tiebreaker on us, We would need the Steelers to lose 2 of their next 3 then, and they are playing a Schaub led Ravens, and a mess of a Browns team aside from the Broncos.

We will always be cheering for the other teams to lose but the Steelers are by far the biggest threat right now. This Bengals game is huge for us. Go Bengals!

WTF happened to San Diego? Talk about falling over the edge