Does anyone else automatically skip BN Sully articles?

Bocephuz

That's my beef with the whole concept of "garbage time". If you're down by a bunch of scores and you come back and win, it's a brilliant come-from-behind victory and no one mentions garbage time. If you come back enough to put a good scare into the opponent coach's undershorts, but you fall short.....then it's either "garbage time" or a comeback that fell short, who makes the call?

I guess Sully! :doh:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure you wrote this after seeing the title and synopsis of his article on TT. I dont automatically take a pass on his articles, I do read it just to see what he has to say. Most of the times he is wrong. There is little to argue about on his Taylor article today. For all the good that Taylor has done, he appears to be a player of halves. too often, brilliant halves are masked by atrocious ones. I am not ready to buy into him as a long term answer. Just the best we have right now.

Speaking just for myself, even a busted clock is right twice a day and when I do read Sully opinion pieces I find good points. With regard to Tyrod Taylor,I see a lot of promise, and I see some of the same mistakes we excoriate EJ for...failing to spot open guys, off target throws, rolling out of the pocket when he could step up, the occasional dumb ass pick, taking sacks when he should throw it away. He's young as a player, he's showing promise, but he's far from "mistake free" and I would like to see some continued development before we invest heavily in him as the future of the franchise.

Even when I find good points in Sully pieces though, the portentious way he makes them and also the way he mixes in totally unsupported opinion just irritates me, which is why I prefer to avoid his stuff. De gustibus non disputandum and all that

i do the same when i see these threads.

jw

I just love the taste of irony in the afternoon. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Sully seems to me to be much like all of us: Sometimes what he writes earns a nod of agreement, and sometimes a negative shake of the head. His column presents his opinion, much as we bring our opinions and biases when we read him or any other columnist.

So, read him or don't read him....

Edited by Keukasmallies