Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

that you misread my post. it had absolutely nothing to do with having a Mexican drivers license in the US.

I thought the subject was illegal aliens getting drivers license in the NY

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

question.. can you, as an illegal immigrant in, oh say.... Mexico, get a drivers license? 

...probably my usual dumb senior moment question (have to uphold my reputation), but why did both sets of my late, immigrant grandparents have to come through Ellis Island the "old way"?...how did they COMBINED raise 13 children with NO EBT cards, food stamps or guberment cheese?........what did I miss?..............

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably my usual dumb senior moment question (have to uphold my reputation), but why did both sets of my late, immigrant grandparents have to come through Ellis Island the "old way"?...how did they COMBINED raise 13 children with NO EBT cards, food stamps or guberment cheese?........what did I miss?..............

Be careful what you admit to here. It may be used against you when the new "Reparations For Immigrants" law gets passed. 

Edit: I was sadly mistaken. Your grandparents were legal immigrants. The new law only pertains to illegal immigrants, formerly called illegal aliens.

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Be careful what you admit to here. It may be used against you when the new "Reparations For Immigrants" law gets passed. 

Edit: I was sadly mistaken. Your grandparents were legal immigrants. The new law only pertains to illegal immigrants, formerly called illegal aliens.

...I fear to tell you what I get fleeced for annually in Federal income taxes (NYS is just as bad) without you having an AED machine nearby......cannot do that to one of my buds here......:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Because they were foolish enough to have a strong work ethic, trying to raise a family without full taxpayer funding. The schmucks.

It's all the rage to illegally enter a foreign country, demand full rights, immediate citizenship, and to be suckled by the public teet, without actually having to contribute.

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Because they were foolish enough to have a strong work ethic, trying to raise a family without full taxpayer funding. The schmucks.

It's all the rage to illegally enter a foreign country, demand full rights, immediate citizenship, and to be suckled by the public teet, without actually having to contribute.

....reprehensible that we NOW took the bait hook, line & sinker versus then......with ZERO changes in the laws....just break 'em.....and you wonder why I never attend ANY family gatherings with my "dyed in the wool Dems...CNN is Gospel extended family".......they loathe me as a conservative and go into attack mode......heartless no good SOB bastard that I am.....I pay more in effin' taxes than most of them earn.....'effed up?...naw...no way.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I would guess it's an important theological question that many, many, many people would care about.

I disagree. Seems more like it's a political question, and theology is just the window dressing. Like Trump being a good christian, just stupid! How the hell does that pass the smell test? ?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I would guess it's an important theological question that many, many, many people would care about.

I'm sure you're familiar with the theological paradox of whether God could create a boulder so heavy that even He could not move it

I propose a similar PPP paradox, can Tibs post something so stupid even he thinks he's a moron

Yuma, Arizona ends state of emergency as migrant crisis diminishes

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city’s state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

“I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:46 PM, Tiberius said:

I disagree. Seems more like it's a political question, and theology is just the window dressing. Like Trump being a good christian, just stupid! How the hell does that pass the smell test? ?

...why we should just ask Nancy, the "practicing Catholic"......

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yuma, Arizona ends state of emergency as migrant crisis diminishes

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city’s state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

“I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

</snip>

Well, it certainly can't be due to any enhancement of physical barriers. We've been told for years that walls don't work.

This must be due to some Obama-era policy. Thanks Obama!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She is more of a Christian than Trump, that's for sure.  

Do not judge lest you be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. — Matthew 7:1-2. Is it Christian to laugh at the deaths of your fellow countrymen?