Amazing photo of Eric Moulds at Mississippi State

YoloinOhio

Putting up numbers like his classmates from that draft class in his first two years would have helped his cause.

He was too busy keeping the Bills legal counsel busy by beating his women and fighting paternity suits.

But more importantly he lost speed and quickness by the early 2000's.

In 1998 he was the greatest receiver the Bills ever had for one season....but his ypc just kept sinking after that year and he never really adapted his game the way a comparable physical receiver like Anquan Boldin has.

As he got older he was still trying to beat DB's with speed and quicks that he no longer had and when it didn't work he just b*tched for flags like nobody we've seen before or since.

Not a great route runner or hands guy and while it wasn't really his body type to be acrobatic....it bears mentioning that he never made those sprawling grabs that we got used to seeing from so many receivers of that era....which decreased his catch radius despite having very good hops.

Talented receiver but he couldn't hold Sammy Watkin's jock in terms of overall talent and he didn't have the intelligence and discipline to be an Andre Reed whether he had a great QB or not.

the more I read the more clueless I see you really are....please don't ever post again...since you post lies and total misperceptions....moulds did make many acrobatic grabs, and actually owned people on jump balls, something Watkins hasn't made one of since being a Bill.

the more I read the more clueless I see you really are....please don't ever post again...since you post lies and total misperceptions....moulds did make many acrobatic grabs, and actually owned people on jump balls, something Watkins hasn't made one of since being a Bill.

I remember him being a fierce over the middle target who too short balls and made big gains out of them

What kind of a Division I stadium has a tree just out of bounds?

lol - not sure about that but looks like Deshea Townsend from Bama in front of him

Someone else posted it from the side

@keithjasper: @MaroonWyatt saw this in person too at 8 years old. The Clarion Ledger had a great photo from the side of it that I had for years.

@keithjasper: @MaroonWyatt here you go https://t.co/YSM2Q7IRFP

Does anyone remember the game where we beat the Fish at the Ralph in December, and it went from snoowing to a blizzard in the second half. Ricky Williams ran for over 200 yards, and they still lost.

I bring it up, as Moulds was on a go route, and when the ball was thrown deep, he caught it with one hand and made it into the endzone. That was one of my favorite Moulds moments.

I hate when WRs are measured by their stats. The strength of the team around them is so important.

I agree Moulds was one of the all-time great Bills receivers. Potentially a HOFer if he had played for a team that routinely played on national TV and went to the playoffs.

this is why FAs never wanted to come to this franchise... career killing move. small market, no exposure, bad team. hopefully Pegs and Rex are getting that perception fixed.

Rex and Pegula will fix that problem. Pegula has shown he will pay top $ for experienced coaching, and has truly spent to the cap with free agents. The issue for next year is we will need all of our $ to resign the big 4 (Glenn, Incognito, Gilmore, and Bradham).

The Bills are gaining in popularity outside of Buffalo.

Does anyone remember the game where we beat the Fish at the Ralph in December, and it went from snoowing to a blizzard in the second half. Ricky Williams ran for over 200 yards, and they still lost.

I bring it up, as Moulds was on a go route, and when the ball was thrown deep, he caught it with one hand and made it into the endzone. That was one of my favorite Moulds moments.

I was at that game and remember that play. Ricky Williams was an absolute beast that day.

The game itself was so awesome due to the snow. I recall they played "Let it Snow" when it got really REALLY bad and the entire crowd was singing perfectly in sync. It was just a fun game to be at. The next week's SI had a 2 page photo of that game. One of the best games I've been to. Shootout in the snow. I think we had about 12-18" of snow DURING the game.

Corp - My wife walked by the TV, and said "Dan (that's me) why is the whole stadium giving a standing ovation? Did someone score" "No honey, I told you Bills fans are nuts, the standing ovation was a decent snow, turned into practically a blizzard" She of course rolled her eyes, and said "only in Buffalo"

I then had to explain the whole Dolphins snow thing. Women.

I was at that game and remember that play. Ricky Williams was an absolute beast that day.

The game itself was so awesome due to the snow. I recall they played "Let it Snow" when it got really REALLY bad and the entire crowd was singing perfectly in sync. It was just a fun game to be at. The next week's SI had a 2 page photo of that game. One of the best games I've been to. Shootout in the snow. I think we had about 12-18" of snow DURING the game.

i was at this game too. Good times!!

Everything I said is supported by the facts. He sucked his first two seasons......to the infuriation of Jim Kelly in a year when he really needed him to step up and the rest of his class HAD stepped up. He had tons of legal trouble early on. His ypr dropped steadily after 1998 because of a loss of speed and quickness.

I know people don't like to hear the truth......"enlightener".........but it is what it is.

When I realized that Fitz couldn't throw the deep ball with any accuracy on here and pointed out that teams were going to stop defending it and choke out our short pass and run game I got pages of hate response and denial.

We now know this to be a fact. Just one of many plain-to-see things I've shared with this board.

Sometimes "enlightenment" is taking off the rose colored glasses and seeing things for what they are.

That diving sideline grab that Sammy made against Miami.......getting the elbow down was the subtle excellence of that play........but otherwise not an unbelievable catch by any means and nothing that will end up on a career highlight reel.........Moulds never made one of those.

I have every Moulds Bills game recorded and have seen them all and he just simply never made plays to his right or left. He caught some jump balls but he wasn't actually great at it or you'd have some TD highlights of him doing it.

And I laugh at the notion that he never had any QB's. Kelly, Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe doesn't read like a list of guys that couldn't get the ball downfield. Not exactly Losman/Edwards there.

One more Moulds stat.....according to police reports....he could lift a 100 pound woman 18" off the ground by the neck.

Edited by #BADOL

Everything I said is supported by the facts. He sucked his first two seasons......to the infuriation of Jim Kelly in a year when he really needed him to step up and the rest of his class HAD stepped up. He had tons of legal trouble early on. His ypr dropped steadily after 1998 because of a loss of speed and quickness.

I know people don't like to hear the truth......"enlightener".........but it is what it is.

When I realized that Fitz couldn't throw the deep ball with any accuracy on here and pointed out that teams were going to stop defending it and choke out our short pass and run game I got pages of hate response and denial.

We now know this to be a fact. Just one of many plain-to-see things I've shared with this board.

Sometimes "enlightenment" is taking off the rose colored glasses and seeing things for what they are.

That diving sideline grab that Sammy made against Miami.......getting the elbow down was the subtle excellence of that play........but otherwise not an unbelievable catch by any means and nothing that will end up on a career highlight reel.........Moulds never made one of those.

I have every Moulds Bills game recorded and have seen them all and he just simply never made plays to his right or left. He caught some jump balls but he wasn't actually great at it or you'd have some TD highlights of him doing it.

And I laugh at the notion that he never had any QB's. Kelly, Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe doesn't read like a list of guys that couldn't get the ball downfield. Not exactly Losman/Edwards there.

One more Moulds stat.....according to police reports....he could lift a 100 pound woman 18" off the ground by the neck.

moulds johnson td miami 1998 youtube it. leaping grab over t-buck- nuff said

kelly didnt ever say he was furious w moulds, moulds only had 1 rookie season w kelly(his last), hardly enough to judge, then had todd collins in 1997(a joke) then blew up in 98 when finally featured in the offense.(kinda like SJ)

if you ever read my posts youd see i call out loser players YEARS before everyone else here does(t edwards,TO,sj,spiller,aaron williams(in progress))

Ive always supported flutie,Fitz, moulds, lee evans, goodwin, ie -guys w brains and/or speed. moulds losing speed as years went is common to every player and stats worsening are due to flutie being replaced by johnson then van pelt, then holcomn. He had 5 YEARS of yp catch over 12 after 98, SJ never had higher than 12...ever. Moulds had a 20 ypc season in 98 so of course it would go down from there genius.

lastly you had to use sammys very last game for an example. while im not against him, i did call him out since week 2 last year for being soft and underperforming, it took til the end of the season for writers to catch on. It took til week 3 this season for the board to catch on. He still hasnt caught a single 50/50 ball as a bill...he is great at short and deep stuff though, just nothing thats contested, and he goes down on contact quicker than a girl on prom night.

your enlightenment is free...please refrain from calling your opinions "facts"

Edited by enlightener

moulds johnson td miami 1998 youtube it. leaping grab over t-buck- nuff said

kelly didnt ever say he was furious w moulds, moulds only had 1 rookie season w kelly(his last), hardly enough to judge, then had todd collins in 1997(a joke) then blew up in 98 when finally featured in the offense.(kinda like SJ)

if you ever read my posts youd see i call out loser players YEARS before everyone else here does(t edwards,TO,sj,spiller,aaron williams(in progress))

Ive always supported flutie,Fitz, moulds, lee evans, goodwin, ie -guys w brains and/or speed. moulds losing speed as years went is common to every player and stats worsening are due to flutie being replaced by johnson then van pelt, then holcomn. He had 5 YEARS of yp catch over 12 after 98, SJ never had higher than 12...ever. Moulds had a 20 ypc season in 98 so of course it would go down from there genius.

lastly you had to use sammys very last game for an example. while im not against him, i did call him out since week 2 last year for being soft and underperforming, it took til the end of the season for writers to catch on. It took til week 3 this season for the board to catch on. He still hasnt caught a single 50/50 ball as a bill...he is great at short and deep stuff though, just nothing thats contested, and he goes down on contact quicker than a girl on prom night.

your enlightenment is free...please refrain from calling your opinions "facts"

I'm sorry you are a Moulds apologist but he is what he is........an afterthought in the history of the NFL and nowhere near a HOF receiver and frankly not a good enough guy/teammate to stretch the truth for.

Sucked early on while other first round WR's excelled......statistical fact.

Abused women and didn't support his children.....historical fact.

YPR dropped steadily after 1998......statistical fact.

No idea what the SJ reference is about.....is Stevie another guy you think should have been a HOF'er? :rolleyes:

Edited by #BADOL