We have seen this story of Fitz play out before...

Big Turk

I love Fitzy. He's a good guy, smart, tough and will never do anything to distract from his team. But unfortunately he doesn't have the consistent arm strength or the ability to make the correct throws under pressure.

He's a good example as to how hard it is to find a true franchise quarterback. He's got everything but the arm strength and intangibles that are required.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying the decision isn't quite as bad when you can ACTUALLY make the throw.

Oh I know. My point isn't really the same. On some of those throws you're referring to of course if he can get it there and it gets there it's no longer a bad decision. I'm saying he makes all kinds of bad decisions during a game and it's not just that he thinks his arm is stronger than it is, it's a lot of other stuff too. I like Fitz a lot. I think he gets a bad rap. He's better now than he was on the Bills. But he also makes a lot of bad football decisions that aren't just arm related.

He's a great backup.

Jets started 4-1 as Fitz looks good and makes some plays. Then teams realize all you have to do is load the box and dare him to beat you over the top. He can't do it. This is looking like the year we started 5-2 beating NE but then went 1-8 to finish 6-10 for Fitz.

Jets have lost 3 of the last 4. Won't be surprised if the Jets don't make it to .500. Once the book is out on Fitz, he has a lot of problems moving the ball consistently. In face yesterday was exactly what happens normally. One good drive early in the game,he does nothing for much of the middle usually leading to his team falling behind by 2+ possessions, then starts gunslinging to get his team back as the D loosens up a little late in the 3rd and into the 4th quarters, the D holds to give him one last chance and then he throws an INT on the first or second play. We've seen it play out over and over again here, I watched it a few times in Tennessee and it happened last year in Houston.

My money is on the Jets finishing 7-9. When teams have no fear of you beating them over the top there is only so many ways to trick them. Once they figure it out, the offense starts sputtering.

Along with what U put, their O coordinater is Chan. In Thursday's game, I see Chan still likes to pass on 3rd and 1, 3rd & 2 or 3 instead of run the ball during that crucial part of the game. Same " junk" he did when he was w/ the Bills! Chan, who once told us: "Football is a tough game played the tough people." Really Chan? Is that why you like to pass on 3rd & short most times?

Along with what U put, their O coordinater is Chan. In Thursday's game, I see Chan still likes to pass on 3rd and 1, 3rd & 2 or 3 instead of run the ball during that crucial part of the game. Same " junk" he did when he was w/ the Bills! Chan, who once told us: "Football is a tough game played the tough people." Really Chan? Is that why you like to pass on 3rd & short most times?

We won the game with a huge and critical third and two pass, then got stuffed on two third and two runs.

Still think Fitz is a solid QB and was when he was with us. Struggles had nothing to do with opposing teams figuring him out. I don't think people understand how horrid our defense was when he was our QB. During those few years we had one of the worst defenses ever to play the game of professional football and no that is not an exaggeration. It literally was incapable of stopping an opposing offense.

Because of this Fitz was forced to score on almost every drive we had the ball. If he didn't we lost. And he had to do it with a mediocre WR group (Stevie was mediocre). Put Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, and any other good QB in the league in a situation where they have to score on every drive because their own defense can't stop anything and they will struggle too. Just as bad. I think most people are just upset over the big contract he got. Blame the front office for that.

I think the key point was just made by Whitewalker, that the Jets schedule gets a lot harder now. They got fat stats beating up weak teams, and now have to run the gauntlet the Bills did earlier. At the same time the Bills schedule gets easier (even with all those road games). Fitz is like a ball tossed in the air -- what goes up must come down, and this year he got too high and is about to auger in, as jet pilots say.

I saw Fitz throw a ball through a keyhole that clanked off of Marshall's hands for an interception. I saw another where he dropped it in the bucket to Marshall on a deep sideline route that was bobbled and dropped. He hit Decker in the chest for a first down that he managed to drop. Bills DBs played a great game and the Jets WRs did not match their level of compete.

I think the key point was just made by Whitewalker, that the Jets schedule gets a lot harder now. They got fat stats beating up weak teams, and now have to run the gauntlet the Bills did earlier. At the same time the Bills schedule gets easier (even with all those road games). Fitz is like a ball tossed in the air -- what goes up must come down, and this year he got too high and is about to auger in, as jet pilots say.

"Copy that."

"Copy that."