Tyrod Taylor, No Mistakes

Meatplow

The OL did a good job overall. There was a patch in the third quarter where they struggled but overall they opened gaps in the run game and protected TT. TT has to learn to get the ball out of his hands when the D blitzes. It's not on the OL when they send more than 5 guys, it's on the QB and WRs.

I don't get the criticism of the Oline in this game. The Jets have the number one run defense in the entire NFL and had not given up more than 80 yards in a game this season. The O line must have done something right.

BTW, the failure to neutralize the blitzes cannot be put on the O line. Blitzing by its very nature means you're sending more men than the O line has. It's on the QB to recognize the blitz and where it's coming from before the snap, and to either change the play call or direct his blockers to be prepared for the rush. His failure to do this was my one big criticism of TT last night.

I thought it was laughable when Phil Simms accused TT of "Not throwing his receiver open" on the touchdown to Karlos. Obviously, with 3 defenders in the vicinity, TT had to see if Los could get across the face of the LB on the circle route. He could not have thrown it sooner because he could not have been sure of the LB's response. I don't get how a 26 yard TD pass on a beautiful pattern and pass could be criticized, but Simms has found a way to display his intellect once again!

I'll tell you where I saw growth last night - the offensive line. A few weeks back, we were asking if Kromer would make a difference. Well here's your answer. First quarter, we were getting hammered by pressure. Then, the adjustments were made. That's where you get your money's worth - in-game changes. It was like two different games. That first drive in the second half was beautiful. It will be overshadowed by the 4 consecutive 3andOuts, but those fall on Roman. Kromer is definitely making a difference for our line.

Excellent point. And unlike the first NE game, this time Kromer is in the house for next Monday.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember back in July when we didn't know if we had any QB? If I said that half way through the season the Bills would have the #7 rated QB and an offense that averaged 25.7ppg and ranked 5th, you'd say I was high as a kite. And yet...

Edited by PromoTheRobot

BTW, the failure to neutralize the blitzes cannot be put on the O line. Blitzing by its very nature means you're sending more men than the O line has. It's on the QB to recognize the blitz and where it's coming from before the snap, and to either change the play call or direct his blockers to be prepared for the rush. His failure to do this was my one big criticism of TT last night.

I think there's more too it, it's not just TT. yes, he needs to recognize the blitz and check to a quick pass play or whatever. but he also needs time to do so. when they weren't taking timeout's, TT was rushing to get the ball snapped, most of the time right when it hit zero. so, i can't put that all on TT, but they need to figure it out fast.

Edited by ricojes

He was VERY fortunate to have Shady on his side. If he hadn't we'd all be talking about how dismal a performance it really was.

Has it come to this? Do we sing high praises for a game manager?

Is that before or after people prayed for one

Remember back in July when we didn't know if we had any QB? If I said then half way through the season the Bills would have the #7 rated QB and an offense that averaged 25.7ppg and ranked 5th, you'd say I was high as a kite. And yet...

5-2 is not a bad way to start your career. there are area's in which he can improve for sure, but he's better than anything we have had in a very long time.

5-2 is not a bad way to start your career. there are area's in which he can improve for sure, but he's better than anything we have had in a very long time.

I think this is the correct and simple answer. The Man has the right mindset. I might say , i am proud of him. How he stays in the game.

and to the OPs point , does not make critical mistakes. Like Fitz did, and the Manuel.

Describe me as Delighted the Offense is settling down! He is a big feature to that for sure. steady as she goes Bills fans!!

Defense played great and we had a good running game. TT didn't have to do much, that is why he had a good game. Just play it safe and throw short passes to open receivers. A lot of three and outs, but no turnovers. And it helped that Jets were missing three of there four starters in the secondary. If we can run the ball as good as we did againts the jets defense, they are one of the top run defenses in the NFL. We should be able to run againts anybody. Than the QB doesn't have to do much. And that makes Taylor look good.