Fitzy speaks on Buffalo!

FireChan

It was clearly a mistake to let Fitz go. Draft EJ, fine, Fitz as a backup, fine. 2013 would have been much better if Fitz was here instead of Thaddeus and Tuel. Last year we get to the playoffs with Fitz, because he doesn't beat us in the Texans game, and he doesn't slide on 3rd and pu$$y against the Raiders. If the Jets D shows up, Fitz will be fine, but if he has to come from behind, then we win.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted my opinion of what would have likely happened if the Bills actually drafted TT - mainly that Chan and Marrone would have ruined him as a rookie.

All said I distinctly remember thinking that we could have had TT in 2011 while Fitz was still a viable starter and also thinking that TT was available i rounds 3,4,or 5.

The house cleaning that got rid of Chan also cleaned out Fitz and brought in DM and EJ. Almost turned in my Bills card then. I think Fitz was a great starter - especially to coach TT up almost like Flacco in Baltimore. EJ got a bad deal - although he was not near the winner that TT was in college - head to head and with TT having much less talent around him. EJ was never a first rounder but neither was TT - both should have been 3rd - and I thought that then - even as a TT homer. Ej should also have come in the league and sat.

Jupiter aligned with Mars and we now have Flacco's backup - and he's got "it".

Fitz vs. Tyrod will be great fun, theater, and great football. Will suck all out if we lose but will be somehow OK (vs. happy) for Fitz. Dude was a baller for us and was let go in a fire sale in which he should have not - IMO.

IIRC, opposing defenses seemed to have had Fitz figured it out and were crowding the Bills receivers at the line making it difficult for him to complete those quick slants. Since he didn't have the arm to throw deep, he was becoming less effective. I was surprised with how effective he became with Houston, even hitting D.Hopkins on big plays.

Now with the Jets, Brandon Marshall and Decker are both averaging over 13 yards per reception so Fitz appears to not be limited. Don't know how many of their yards are YAC though. They are also bigger more physical receivers that the Bills didn't have when he played for them.

IIRC, opposing defenses seemed to have had Fitz figured it out and were crowding the Bills receivers at the line making it difficult for him to complete those quick slants. Since he didn't have the arm to throw deep, he was becoming less effective. I was surprised with how effective he became with Houston, even hitting D.Hopkins on big plays.

Now with the Jets, Brandon Marshall and Decker are both averaging over 13 yards per reception so Fitz appears to not be limited. Don't know how many of their yards are YAC though. They are also bigger more physical receivers that the Bills didn't have when he played for them.

13 YPC is good for a WR?

What a typical Fitztragic ending. Fitz can play fairly decent all game, and then he gets highly nervous at the end of close games or something. It's like his high IQ brain scrambles with anxiety at critical times when he needs to make quick decisions. Instead of making an intelligent play, he ends up making the most boneheaded throws that only retards would make.

What a typical Fitztragic ending. Fitz can play fairly decent all game, and then he gets highly nervous at the end of close games or something. It's like his high IQ brain scrambles with anxiety at critical times when he needs to make quick decisions. Instead of making an intelligent play, he ends up making the most boneheaded throws that only retards would make.

Or just that when you have to push the ball downfield to win, he just doesn't have the physical ability as a QB to get that done. He can gimmick you throughout the game, and Chan can draw up very favorable situations to move the ball, but when you just have to straight up line up and play plain football, he's not a good player.