when did we last win a night game?

enlightener

I was thinking back to the last primetime game we actually won because we seem to always lose them in stunning fashion ( the edwards-jauron-cowboy debacle...mcluvins fumble - refs beating us last year vs dolphins) I seriously cant remember a win after flutie tore it up in 2000 on sun night football. Has it been that long!?!

edit- so we won exactly 1 primetime game since 2001- 19-14 dolphins bills 2012. Jeesh we suck on primetime.

Edited by enlightener

dated 2009 Bills-Jets notebook: Buffalo’s last prime time win came in 2001

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/sports/article_4f0e815f-e541-5602-9f30-b5020b17f28e.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1408135-bills-victory-thursday-night-would-end-primetime-drought%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0Nov13, 2012

It's been a long time since the Buffalo Bills last won a prime-time game. They have lost their 11 straight games at night.

2009: Thursday Night—Jets 19, Bills 13

There were a couple of close games L by 1 point and some huge blowout L's

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

TNF 2012

Dolphins (of course)

good call, i didnt remember that one at all. so other than that we hadnt won since 2001 when we defeated the mighty jags 13-10 on thurs night (one of the 5 career games rob johnson actually won), that mon game vs nyj shouldnt count as it wasnt really televised like a primetime game.

Edited by enlightener

I was at the Monday night game where the Bills beat the Bengals in 1991 and Sam Wyche went ape$hit on the sidelines when James Lofton pushed off for a TD. Loved every minute of that Bills win 35-16.

Like EJ, Kelly threw 3 1st quarter picks. Unlike EJ, Kelly threw 5 TD's and we won.

All our Primetime appearances in recent years are a blur of ugly losses it seems. I attended our 1st two MNF games -in '73 vs. the Chiefs where OJ topped 1000 yrds in Game 7 and the following year Opening Night vs the previously undefeated Raiders. Fergy tossed 2 late TD's to Rashad to come from behind, but still needed a missed Blanda FG on the final play to win.

These 2 I remember well!