[closed]NFL Refereeing needs to come to 21st Century

There are two types of bad calls:

1. Calls where Zebra throws flag and there is no foul

2. Calls where Zebra doesn't throw flag on a foul

The latter is forgivable for if Zebra cannot see a foul then they should not thrown one on speculation but the former is not for the Zebra is guessing at what happened and that is wrong.

There is nothing shown on any film to show Robey interfered with WR.

The NFL needs to add more eyes in the sky and more Zebras to watch them; they should standardize cameras and have those cameras reviewed by Zebras who be full time officials who communicate with on field Zebras almost real time. The NFL should NOT use broadcast cameras for instant reply for networks tend to focus on certain aspects of play but will make their film available to broadcasters and possibly others via pay channels/feeds/streams. These additional officials with crews should be in camps and preseason games to help team officials understand what is called and why. And they need both video and on-field Zebras reviewed with suspensions (without pay), demotions and firings as true consequences.

MLB... NHL... NBA... There's an awful blown call once every couple of seasons, total. NFL, it's every game. I think NFL corporate is purposely doing some shady stuff... I contended yesterday that it will take a whistleblower and a FIFA-like crackdown before anything will remotely change. It may happen tomorrow; it may happen 100 years from now.

I think it was Pat Kirwan on Sirius Radio who stated that technology has made life miserable for the part time refs. We sit at home, with our high def, massive screen TVs that are able to show any given play in slow motion from several different angles. And the refs have to make a call in on the field in real time without the benefit of what we have on our couches. Meanwhile the rule book gets thicker every year, all in an effort to protect player safety.

Football in general has become more difficult for me to watch. It's not because my love of the game has changed. Every game I see calls that make me think that more and more games are being decided not by players, but by overtaxed on field officials. I honestly don't think the league is doing enough to help the refs call the game correctly.

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve

I honestly don't think the league is doing enough to help the refs call the game correctly.

this is the real problem. technology has brought us to the point where everyone in the world can see a bad call except for the refs on the field. they need to figure it out.

MLB... NHL... NBA... There's an awful blown call once every couple of seasons, total. NFL, it's every game. I think NFL corporate is purposely doing some shady stuff... I contended yesterday that it will take a whistleblower and a FIFA-like crackdown before anything will remotely change. It may happen tomorrow; it may happen 100 years from now.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1X-YPjOwG0

It's a Frontline documentary from 1983 about the NFL, gambling, and organized crime.

Some cool tidbits:

- Al Davis was close with a Vegas mafia frontman named Marty Glick who sold Davis part of a mall for $5,000. I wonder how he got such a good deal.

- Ken Stabler was reported FIFTEEN times for being seen out with a prominent bookie and the NFL never did anything about it.

- The owner of the San Diego Chargers owned a hotel in Acapulco that hosted a mafia gathering for Meyer Lansky. Yes, the owner was in attendance.

- Two NFL players, including an OL from the Bills were forced to retire from the NFL after being caught fixing games in the 70's.

- The famous Namath Super Bowl was most likely fixed to increase the value of the AFL before the merger.

- Carroll Rosenbloom, owner of the LA Rams and involved with the mob in Cuba die mysteriously in 1979, apparently from drowning.

- Owner of the Saints in the early 80's, along with the owner of the Chargers and Al Davis were attached to several joint real estate deals with organized crime members.

this is the real problem. technology has brought us to the point where everyone in the world can see a bad call except for the refs on the field. they need to figure it out.

I think that the refs are at a huge disadvantage these days. Shame on the NFL for not helping them up and into the digital age. These guys should have google glasses showing them every angle of the play. they really dont need to watch the play, just watch the six angles available from the cameras. and of of the master control room should be over riding any call that is missed. The old days of give and take call should end.

Just a little patience for the fans and players would be needed.

This is going to be a huge cultural shift.

I mean what do you call when four of the Oline is holding every play? because they do.

i say just use "scrutiny" on the momentum changing calls and ALL the penalties.

But this is spiraling unbound and ruining the game as we once knew it.

what happened to grass and rain and the sun in your eyes?

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1X-YPjOwG0

It's a Frontline documentary from 1983 about the NFL, gambling, and organized crime.

Some cool tidbits:

- Al Davis was close with a Vegas mafia frontman named Marty Glick who sold Davis part of a mall for $5,000. I wonder how he got such a good deal.

- Ken Stabler was reported FIFTEEN times for being seen out with a prominent bookie and the NFL never did anything about it.

- The owner of the San Diego Chargers owned a hotel in Acapulco that hosted a mafia gathering for Meyer Lansky. Yes, the owner was in attendance.

- Two NFL players, including an OL from the Bills were forced to retire from the NFL after being caught fixing games in the 70's.

- The famous Namath Super Bowl was most likely fixed to increase the value of the AFL before the merger.

- Carroll Rosenbloom, owner of the LA Rams and involved with the mob in Cuba die mysteriously in 1979, apparently from drowning.

- Owner of the Saints in the early 80's, along with the owner of the Chargers and Al Davis were attached to several joint real estate deals with organized crime members.

I hope you have already moved and changed your name and posting via a subordinate.