Historically, this is the key point in the season...

I truly believe that on Sunday, we find out, in week 6 of the 2015 NFL season, if this is "Same old Bills", or if "this thing on? cuz it's about to be on, cuz we're goin'(to the playoffs).

In recent year, probably the last five or so, around this point in the year has seemed to be the turning point of this team's season (and, yes, I realize the turning point has been south ).

I think back to 2008, the Bills were fresh off a convincing home win against the San Diego Chargers (some of you may remember this as the "lights out" game, when some sort of a flotation device his a transformer at the Ralph, delaying the game significantly). The Bills had a 5-1 record heading into a showdown with the eventual NFC champion Arizona Cardinals in Glendale, when one Adrian Wilson shellac on Trent Edwards sent Buffalo's season into a tailspin.

2011- Ryan Fitzpatrick leads the Bills back from a 21-0 deficit against Tom Brady and the evil empire, ending a streak of 8 seasons of being the Patriots' personal doormats, And we were treated to a 3-0 start. Surely, after that, the playoff drought would end, right?...The next week, Buffalo would lay an egg in Cincy, dropping 10 of its remaining 13 games.

In 2010, Buffalo came off a fresh beat down in Toronto (it's only win north of the border, by the way, in our "home away from home", the Rogers Centre), a 23-0 victory over the Washington Redskins to move to 5-2. The next week, Buffalo was dismantled in Dallas, and again, the wheels came off. The Bills would win only one of their remain in games, finishing 6-10 after such a promising start.

This year, we sit at 3-2, with the undefeated Bengals coming to town, our stadium. A stadium, by the way, we're 1-2 in this year. A place, once upon a time, nobody could touch us in! What happens if we lose sunday? Do we go to London and, rather than get back above .500, drop and embarrassing defeat to the lowly Jags? Do the wheels come off again?!

If we win, and if we do, it'll be the biggest if the year so far, do we have a letdown next week, and the wheels come off again, anyways?

Let me tell you something: This team IS better than the Cincinnati Bengals! Our squad has so many shortcomings and injuries and penalty issues, but at the end of the day, the talent on this roster, even if EJ Manuel is the quarterback Sunday, exceeds that of its opponent on Sunday.

The Bengals, no matter what point in the year, eventually become "the Bengals" at some point. Booker Esiason isn't taking the snaps, Icky Woods and James Brooks aren't in the backfield carving up run-defenses, and Sam Wyche isn't the offensive guru on the sidelines. ITS INEVITABLE with this version of Cincinnati, that at some point, THEIR wheels will come off! Why not Sunday?

So Rex, stop with the bravado. Shut the hell up, field whatever QB you're fielding, and let's show us, the fans, that it's different now. Because, to this fan, until you show me otherwise, I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

#GoBills

Love the optimism but I think I'd take the Bengals roster at every offensive position over ours... except for Tyrod and Shady (who both may not play in this game)

Ugh...the run game needs McCoy and Karlos so friggin' bad.

And the passing game needs the run game.

Why can't they be fully healthy?!?!

Keep expectations low... we're hurting, this team has some talent holes, the coaching isn't always great.... we're more likely than not gonna lose this game. Losing to good teams happens... it's the rest of the schedule that will tell us what's going on with this team, as most of the rest of the way is pretty mediocre competition iirc.

Edited by Dorkington