[closed]Sentiment on EJ

Feelings on starting E.J   

93 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feelings about seeing how E.J. Has progressed?

• Dreading it, can't wait for TT to return
    • Mixed..
    • Excited, been rooting for EJ since draft day and now we get to see what he's got

Really? EDIT: About John Murphy. What has he said?

Me, too. But the thing that was encouraging was that he was consistent, and his throws were excellent. Just perfect 99% of the time. He didn't look that good previously.

Murphy said that he is closer to the situation than LaCanfora and talked to people today about it. He isn't convinced that he will be out. He said that he probably won't practice tomorrow but doesn't necessarily think that he will be out. Edited by Kirby Jackson

He looked darn good in his one start against the Steelers and some of the throws he made in the other PS games were outstanding regardless of who was on the field in opposition.

Really? EDIT: About John Murphy. What has he said?

Me, too. But the thing that was encouraging was that he was consistent, and his throws were excellent. Just perfect 99% of the time. He didn't look that good previously.

All that said I did like what I saw when EJ played. Fingers and toes crossed.

I like Tyrod and hope he comes back kicking ass.

That being said, I also like EJ, and I think his development was botched by Marrone and company. He's shown flashes, and obvious limitations... But then looked pretty polished all of a sudden this preseason. I'm excited to see if he has more success this time around, but I won't be judging it by this one game against an undefeated team, and likely missing serious weapons.

Either way, he's a Bill, and everyone should be rooting for him.

Here here.

I said "mixed."

I really hope EJ excels, but I am worried this could be a lose-lose:

1) He plays with no skill players (i.e., no RBs, gimpy Watkins) against a great team, and so is set up to fail.

2) He does very well, and we have a QB controversy, which is the last thing we need.

Sometimes, QB controversies are OK. Montana-Young, Brees-Rivers, Brady-Bledsoe. Just to name a few.

Murphy said that he is closer to the situation than LaCanfora and talked to people today about it. He isn't convinced that he will be out. He said that he probably won't practice tomorrow but doesn't necessarily think that he will be out.

Some sort of mind game, maybe? But picking up a 3rd stringer seems pretty big, considering Carpenter can't kick touchbacks (I assume).

Sometimes, QB controversies are OK. Montana-Young, Brees-Rivers, Brady-Bledsoe. Just to name a few.

Some sort of mind game, maybe? But picking up a 3rd stringer seems pretty big, considering Carpenter can't kick touchbacks (I assume).

Cundiff couldn't either. Johnson is a guy that they liked earlier and Tyrod is beat up (whether he plays or not). In addition, Johnson was with the Bengals so there is a benefit to picking him up. I don't know whether or not Taylor will play but it isn't a done deal by any means.