Another TV Show Topic....Fargo

plenzmd1

Loved it last year, this first episode second season was even better. Weird, funny, violent...great acting. Just love it. So many great shows now, hard to pick what to watch I know, but if you not watched this show you should start. And like a lot of shows, no need to have watched first season, this is an entirely new story line.

And my neighborhood growing up got a shout out. Go Love Canal!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I loved the movie Fargo so I'll look to see if it is on Netflix or DVR the show on FX. Thx

just a heads up...its in the same style/genre of the movie...but it is not a remake of the movie, or even have same plot, characters etc. But a very entertaining hour to be sure. I would think this first episode of Season 2 in On Demand. And while you do not need to watch season 1, if you want to watch season 2 you need to see the first episode.

Edited by plenzmd1

This show is expertly written. I thought Billy Bob Thornton had one of his all-time performances on the show last year.

This year, they've taken atypical choices (Jean Smart, Jeffrey Donovan and Bokeem Woodbine) for very dangerous, violent people.

I enjoy how this show always has the violence "potential" on high. It can break out at anytime.

Get it together. This show is insanely good.

To plez. Holy shhhhhh opening scene at the movie theater !

Great to open a episode no? That Dodd is one sick f*#!

Floyd delivering the " you think i am an old lady " soliloquy...wow..Jean Smart is just awesome.

Mike Milligan..'.i said i was surprised, didn't say i liked it!

Every scene this week was riveting...

Based on the movie or something totally different?

Not based on the storyline of the movie...but the overall feel and tone of the Cohen Brothers echos throughout the series.Mostly fargo, but there was some Millers Crossing and No country to Old Men shout outs last night.

This season has some very loose threads to last season, but no need to watch season 1 at all to enjoy this season. I think this season is way better then last year, and i loved last year.

Edited by plenzmd1

Floyd delivering the " you think i am an old lady " soliloquy...woiw..Jean Smart is just awesome.

Mike Milligan..'.i said i was surprised, didn't say i liked it!

Every scene this week was riveting...

Watching it now. Indian and "mad dog" at garage and post sex Coke talk scene with Woodbine are insanely good too.

This and the Affair on showtime are my top 2 right now.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Gotta agree it's a fantastic show. Binge-watched season one over the weekend. Great stuff and I really enjoyed the tip of the hat to the movie. Especially the flashback to Stavros Milos' discovery of the red ice scraper along the fence line. Superb acting all the way around, especially by Billy Bob and Martin Freeman. Serious acting chops.

Thanks for the recommendation, plenzmd1.