Sal Capaccio's Quarter Pole Breakdown of the 2015 Bills

@SalSports

"At quarter poll, still figuring out who Bills are" (My 1st-quarter breakdown & analysis of Off, Def, ST, coaching): http://www.wgr550.com/CAPACCIO-At-quarter-poll-still-figuring-out-who-Bi/22048088

Four games into the 2015 Buffalo Bills season and it’s hard to tell exactly who this team is. Is it the one that gave neither Andrew Luck nor Ryan Tannehill room to throw anywhere, putting games against the Colts and Dolphins away early? Or is it the one that allowed Tom Brady to shred their defense for 466 yards passing, and could only muster two first downs in the first half against a Giants team hat was last in pass defense in the NFL?

A lot of questions are still to be answered and twelve more games to answer them. But for now, here’s a look at what we’ve seen through the first four:

The injuries , penalties , and Bills defense not being able to hear each other were big factors losing to Giants .

The CBA needs to look at allowing more team conditioning and practice before TC to try and reduce injuries.

Hilarious. So much for the 12th man. Somehow I've never heard about any other team's defense complain about communication problems at home.

they didn't "complain". I think it was very obvious they were doing the opposite of complaining as they kept thanking the fans for the noise. The reason it isn't talked about elsewhere is because most stadiums don't have both the ridiculous noise and a defense with a brand new complex scheme they are learning that relies on communication. The Bills are actually practicing with the noise on D now when they have a home game to prepare. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hilarious. So much for the 12th man. Somehow I've never heard about any other team's defense complain about communication problems at home.

In the preseason Rex said he wanted the D to call their own plays. Might be similar to some extent?

Another aspect is teams are hurrying to the line on 3rd down which has limited the Bills D substitutions to create a mismatch in personnel. IIRC.

"When the schedule was released in April, I thought going 2-1 through the first three games would be a challenge, but doable for a talented Bills team. They did that. But the loss to the Giants in week four raises questions about exactly how good this team is. It’s tough for any team to lose their top running back and top wide receiver, but especially when those two players are big playmakers able to change games at any given moment. I still think the depth is solid with this roster and they can make a serious run at a playoff spot, even if Watkins and/or McCoy are out a few weeks. " quote from Sal's 'big picture'.

Having just seen the AP post about Shady missing "the next three games", it prompted me to have a look at the remaining 12 games in groups of three.

10/11 @ Tennessee Titans

10/18 CINCINNATI BENGALS

10/25 @ Jacksonville Jaguars

If we're a playoff bound team, we go at least 2-1, probably W's at Tenn and JAX. Then we get Shady back, ready to romp, for division foes:

11/08 MIAMI DOLPHINS

11/12 @ New York Jets

11/23 @ New England Patriots

Again, 2-1 seems plausible. Next three might be tougher with two away games:

11/29 @ Kansas City Chiefs

12/6 HOUSTON TEXANS

12/13 @ Philadelphia Eagles

but if we're a playoff bound team, we somehow manage 2-1. This gets us to 8-5. You see where I'm going with this, so for the last three games if they can pull off 2-1, we're at 10-6 with a strong division record, and hopefully strong enough tiebreakers with rivals so we get a WC berth:

12/20 @ Washington Redskins

12/27 DALLAS COWBOYS

01/03 NEW YORK JETS

10-6. This is my hopeful, plausible scenario. Needless to say, I'd be thrilled to see them go 2 of 3 for the rest of the season.

Edited by Rhode Island Red