I Don't know if I can be a fan any longer.

It is clear that the better team can no longer win in the NFL. The refs are in charge of who wins or loses each game. Cheating teams are heralded as best ever. I thought that the refs were all for New England back in 1999-2000, but now I feel it goes back even further. Super Bowl 25 as we all know was a knock out win for Buffalo. Yet somehow Belicheat devises the perfect game plan and we all assume its a legitimate mastermind best ever way to stop one of the best teams ever. Nope we were cheated as fans and it continues now. There is so much money being thrown at games each week in gambling that it would be inconceivable to ignore the fake NFL. These games are all being bought one way or another. We are simply paying for entertainment

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. I'm simply posting what I have a real opinion of.

No your title "I don't know if I can be a fan any longer" says Look at me! Look at me! If you're tired of the NFL then go. If not, read the other threads whining about the same thing instead of trying to stick out and starting your own thread

Oh my god. Can we just stop with this? If you're done being a fan no one needs to see your ridiculous post whining about it. Just go.

So you can just flat out tell me that with more money than ever being placed on games, there is no space for cheating?

So you can just flat out tell me that with more money than ever being placed on games, there is no space for cheating?

I'm not going to indulge your conspiracy theory mindset. You believe what you want and that's your choice. I choose to be a fan and not indulge in this idiocy of look at me I'm mad and won't be fan anymore. Don't go away mad, just go away.

No doubt there are favorites in the NFL and the powerhouse teams tend to get close calls tip their way.

No doubt some teams *cough* Patriots *cough* get away with cheating and are heralded as genius.

But the game remains the most enjoyable and entertaining game to watch. Try staying awake watching a basketball or baseball game on TV, then you'll come back to football

The fact that refs blows calls and teams get caught cheating is reality. They admit they blow calls after games and there is instant replay, but they have always obscure excuses like its a judgement call or forward progress was deemed stop even though the whistle didnt blow so play is over. Yes as hard as players train the time and money fans devote and a nerd in stripes can control it all seems unfair and it is. You have to weigh you priorities and i dont put much into football anymore. 2 home games and 28 penalties against the home team is crazy though.

Excellent post brother, welcome to the light.

Please be aware that many league employees frequent this site and will do whatever they can to discredit you, and your views.

This site is essentially akin to calling a customer service line, while simultaneously having the ability to talk to other frustrated customers who are also on hold.

Rather than muzak, however, we are treated to the artful wit of the service representatives who will call you a conspiracy theorist, a woman, an idiot, or the time honored "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

However, please know, these are the same people (KRAFT) who buy sites like draftkings, and then use insider trading strategies to steal our money.

And the customer service representatives here will say to you "OK, so maybe THAT deal is a little shady... and deflategate was a little shady... and spygate was a little shady... but enough with the conspiracy theories about the league not being on the up and up... THERES NO CHEATING THERE! Now quick, give me your check for season tickets/direct tv."

On the same weekend that it was announced that the two major "legal gambling" sites are as corrupt as wallstreet, the Bills had 14 points forcibly removed from the scoreboard, and "lost" a game they should have won.

My thread discussing this issue was locked within 30 minutes of being opened.

And yet there remain some unfortunate, unenlightened bills fans who would rather listen to the NFL sales reps on here than to believe what their eyes have seen, or what the growing number of fans are posting on here.

Point blank: THE NFL IS AS CORRUPT AS IT GETS, AND ITS AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF YOUR TIME.

Here is where a sales representative tries to denigrate my post: they will slander me and tell me to walk away.

But I will do something far, far worse--I will stay, and continue to cut their product to death with a thousand papercuts.

Because your post is evidence that people are seeing the light.
And my goal isn't to get justice.

It's better than that.
It's to get people to stop spending their money on the product.

Oh, I'll keep watching. And you should too. It's a great sport. But let's absolutely destroy the product. Let's reduce it to rubble. Let's make their year over year profits international news.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181150-the-nfl-has-changed-so-much-fire-roger-goodell/

My original thread, which contains a link to a thread I made Sunday night, which was locked after an hour, as this one surely will be too.

Soon, our IPs will be banned. Fear not. The word is out.

If I was truly uninterested in The Bachelor, which I happen to be, I wouldn't waste my time on a website devoted only to The Bachelor and tell everyone how and why I don't like it. I would simply not watch it.

If you were a fan of the Bachelor for 20 years and believe it was real, then slowly started realizing it was fixed, it would take you a little while until you lost the emotional attachment. That's what's going on here. It took me several months before I lost my love of college basketball after repeated shadiness by the NCAA.

The whole gang is here now!!!

Where's a league employee when you need one?

And away we go.

Soon, the defense will be "you are using a logical construct that does not enable me to argue with you, because you preemptively assert that any conflicting view points are those held by people with an anti-Buffalo agenda".

Essentially, their next line of attack would be: If you say everyone is out to get you, then ANYONE who disagrees with you will fit that profile.

And while there is some merit to that view point, please know that this is a field I specialize in, and the rather rudimentary methods employed by league affiliates on sites like these are meant to shape views, not flood the board with a unified message from 30 separate accounts. However, their wall of defense has its cracks, and there are too many holes in the dike to put a finger in each one.

Which is why, after 4 pages of thoughtful, positive discussion in a thread following the Giants game re: the nature of a corrupt, fixed NFL, the negative attacks stopped, and the thread was simply locked.

Again, I reiterate: a day after we all saw a very blatant decision by the league to award a certain amount of points to the new york giants, and withhold a certain amount of points from the Buffalo Bills, the two sites that are the fastest growing sports-related industry in the country were busted for defrauding customers.

This can not be denied, and its implications are enormous.

Also, it must be noted, that this scandal broke AFTER a thread in which I told people to log off this site and stop complaining about the game, because league officials were here to "shape the message" that it was a fair contest.

Edited by JohnnyGold

And away we go.

Soon, the defense will be "you are using a logical construct that does not enable me to argue with you, because you preemptively assert that any conflicting view points are those held by people with an anti-Buffalo agenda".

Essentially, their next line of attack would be: If you say everyone is out to get you, then ANYONE who disagrees with you will fit that profile.

And while there is some merit to that view point, please know that this is a field I specialize in, and the rather rudimentary methods employed by league affiliates on sites like these are meant to shape views, not flood the board with a unified message from 30 separate accounts. However, their wall of defense has its cracks, and there are too many holes in the dike to put a finger in each one.

Which is why, after 4 pages of thoughtful, positive discussion in a thread following the Giants game re: the nature of a corrupt, fixed NFL, the negative attacks stopped, and the thread was simply locked.

Again, I reiterate: a day after we all saw a very blatant decision by the league to award a certain amount of points to the new york giants, and withhold a certain amount of points from the Buffalo Bills, the two sites that are the fastest growing sports-related industry in the country were busted for defrauding customers.

This can not be denied, and its implications are enormous.

hard to argue that logic!

How does this get on the front page? Mods? Anyone?

Because the NFL has removed itself from the venue of "sport" and has determined that the most robust profit stream is one of "entertainment product".

Unfortunately, this has left the sport open to influences of those who care little about the outcome of the game, and would rather get a slice of the ever increasing revenue pie.

The person who loses out on this capitalist game of musical chairs will always be the uneducated consumer at the bottom, who spends their meagerly take home pay on season tickets and zumba pants, and clutches to the hope that the gods of capitalism they pray to in their stadium churches are real, and will reward them with a lombardi trophy that will, somehow, validate their years of fandom (purchases).

This is not how sports is supposed to work. It's supposed to be a game of skill, played between two teams, (somewhat) free from outside influences.

As the average fan begins to feel more and more disconnected from that reality, they will attempt to corroborate and validate those feelings with those who are sharing the experience. In this case, fellow fans, who also post on a message board.

Because the number of those people are growing, exponentially, week over week (ask Detroit fans after last night), the product is spinning out of control.

And to the fan who finally sees behind the veil, and realizes how corrupt and out of control the product has become, and how little influence ANYONE aside from a third party, has to to stop it, the feeble attempts from the league marketing arm to "control the message" become increasingly asinine and humorous.