I Don't know if I can be a fan any longer.

Why didn't "whoever" apply that pressure "subtly" in 2013 when the Giants started 0-6? Or last year when they were 3-9?

Why did "whoever" let Payton Manning be humiliated in the SB to tiny Russell Wilson and nobodycaresville Seattle?

This thread just keeps giving and giving!

Not on this site. People have been posting this exact same stuff forever here.

I realize that it is difficult for some people to accept, and it sounds like you are among them,

but sooner or later we all have to deal with the truth, just like there is no Santa or Easter Bunny.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that it is difficult for some people to accept, and it sounds like you are among them,

but sooner or later we all have to deal with the truth, just like there is no Santa or Easter Bunny.

Good grief...so "the truth" is that the NFL is fixed, yet they allowed Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck to lose in Buffalo to a team that they constantly conspire against?

This is ludicrous...a real conspiracy theory. Trust me, the officials are not paid off and they are not "in on" any broader scheme. I know TONS of basketball (although not football) officials, at all levels. They have a lot of integrity, and work very hard to get where they are. The amount of work that they put in to attempt to get calls right is far more than the average fan thinks. As far as Belichick's 1990 Giants team, Norwood did a poor Vinatieri impression or that outcome is different. If we didn't give up a third and ridiculously long to Dave Meggett on the drive before we got the ball back - we have more time to win that game and it doesn't end up being such a long field goal. That was NOT because of the refs.

Dude, that game was like ions ago, and although I myself believe that the games were manipulated as well back then,

we didn't have fantasy, Draftkings, or fan duel back then. BTW, there are a ton of other ways to manipulate the game other than

referees, you have scheduling, marketing, rules, or lack of enforcement of such. How about influencing a player as to where he should

play, just to name a few. The refs are human, and like someone else stated, they know who the leauge favorites are.

Good grief...so "the truth" is that the NFL is fixed, yet they allowed Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck to lose in Buffalo to a team that they constantly conspire against?

Why are you so adamant against that possibility? Oh sure, we might beat them when it doesn't really matter.

You almost sound like that you are trying to convince yourself that the leauge is absolutely above board

in everything it does, nobody is coming on here and claiming that others are crazy for believing that the leauge

is totally legit. Like I said, they have a choice to be sheep.

Look, man, I love football probably more than the next guy/gal, and it does really hurt to realize that

we are being fleeced, but sooner or later you have to come to the realization that money, marketing,

and marquee players override everything.

I'm not confusing anything.

Someone that looks at the game film with an impartial set of eyes would, IMO, understand that the penalties that (more-or-less) cost the Bills Sunday's game were their own fault. What could Incognito be thinking going in under Cordy's block to engage an already-engaged defender? That's stupid, and it's inviting a flag.

Urbik held the guy on Tyrod's TD run. Chintzy little hold that probably didn't affect the play? Yeah. Still holding? Yeah.

A smart team doesn't make those mistakes, nor do they allow themselves to be goaded into multiple personal foul penalties per drive. They also don't have mental lapses and line up over the center on a FG attempt, gifting the opponent a first down. Let's not bother to mention missing a 30-yard FG or turning the ball over in their own territory twice.

yes, they've played stupid but that doesn't necessarily remove the possibility of game fixing. I've seen multiple blatantly incorrect calls in the last couple years that greatly effected game outcomes. the lions seem to be the poster children. but "manning up" has nothing to do with the discussion. the op presented a reasonable theory. he could be right or you could be right I doubt anyone here will be able to definitively prove or disprove either of you. but his or anyone elses masculinity is not in question because they disagrees with you.

It is clear that the better team can no longer win in the NFL. The refs are in charge of who wins or loses each game. Cheating teams are heralded as best ever. I thought that the refs were all for New England back in 1999-2000, but now I feel it goes back even further. Super Bowl 25 as we all know was a knock out win for Buffalo. Yet somehow Belicheat devises the perfect game plan and we all assume its a legitimate mastermind best ever way to stop one of the best teams ever. Nope we were cheated as fans and it continues now. There is so much money being thrown at games each week in gambling that it would be inconceivable to ignore the fake NFL. These games are all being bought one way or another. We are simply paying for entertainment

I don't think you were ever a fan to begin with TBH.