3 out of 5 weeks the opponents have more time to plan for us

I know Russ Brandon complained about this two years ago. Why do the schedule makers keep doing this to some teams more than others. I don't care what the analysts say about it not being an advantage. It has to give the other team an advantage with extra time to prepare and to help players get a better feel for their opponents. So far this year the two teams we lost to had extra time to prepare for us. Now Tennessee gets us after their bye week. All in the first five weeks. Let go Buffalo.

On the bright side this is the first time in years that we get some extra time before we play the Cheatriots on Monday Night. :thumbsup:

I don't think a couple extra days made the difference in our two losses, personally.

I agree we looked just awful against the Giants.

Not sure how you people can't see how extra time off is beneficial. And as far as the patriots game goes unless we get to choose our own refs in that extra couple days we have 0 chance of beating them on the road. It would never be allowed.

From a R@R perspective, certainly so. But, form a gameplanning point of view, no. By the time the clock ends on Sunday, all teams have advanced scouted their next week's opponents and already know all they need to know. All that needs to happen is incorporation of scouting into a suitable gameplan. And, at this level of football, this is done in coaches sleep.

I don't want to hear excuses because that's what this is. A good team overcomes adversity. The fact of the matter is this team committed 17 penalties and cost themselves points and a very winnable game. Ryan stood at the podium and made even more excuses. I want to hear this team is undisciplined and I will fix it.

Honeymoon over.

Not sure how you people can't see how extra time off is beneficial. And as far as the patriots game goes unless we get to choose our own refs in that extra couple days we have 0 chance of beating them on the road. It would never be allowed.

I agree the more I watch the more it feels like the WWE. I love football but the games shouldn't be decided by the refs period.

I agree the more I watch the more it feels like the WWE. I love football but the games shouldn't be decided by the refs period.

yesterdays game was heavily ref influenced. Tick-tack PI calls on the Bills (Clay's push off) while almost NO PI called on the Giants (Clay's arm was grabbed on the play where he "lost" the ball to the Giants defender). Not to mention the 14 points the refs took back on the 2 TD's they called back for non-penalties. People can rant all they want about the old cliché that "good teams overcome bad calls," but even good teams have a hard time overcoming 14 points being taken off the board, esp. against a great defense.

Edited by RyanC883

The extra time to prepare is a huge advantage. Do you think that Bellichek can't come up with an extra wrinkle or two with 72 extra hours? Plus the players get another 3 days without being jacked around on the field of battle. I feel better when I have an extra day off, and I'm a car salesman.

Now we get the Titans, in Tennessee, with their having an extra WEEK to prepare. Watch out. We're in trouble.

yesterdays game was heavily ref influenced. Tick-tack PI calls on the Bills (Clay's push off) while almost NO PI called on the Giants (Clay's arm was grabbed on the play where he "lost" the ball to the Giants defender). Not to mention the 14 points the refs took back on the 2 TD's they called back for non-penalties. People can rant all they want about the old cliché that "good teams overcome bad calls," but even good teams have a hard time overcoming 14 points being taken off the board, esp. against a great defense.

:beer:

The refs took 12 points off the board. No telling if Carp would have made those extra points :lol:

That said, 12 points taken is still more than we had in total on the final score...

Edited by BuffaloHokie13