Attn Bills FANS: Log off for the night

Its pretty much all random. Even the mighty Patriots, or the Cards will lay an egg. Any week now. I'm watching the NFL sport less and less any more although I am really starting to really like college football. It just seems more "real" to me.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happened over the last 10 years or so is that whenever somebody accuses X group/corporation of conspiring to do Y, they are immediately grouped in with lizard people/UFOs/JFK/etc.

The truth is governments/intelligence agencies/corporations and many other groups work by conspiring against the public and are actually caught all the time.

They have turned "conspiracy theorist" into a slur in order to discredit ANYTHING remotely close to one. It's very dangerous propaganda and it worked.

The NFL fixing games does not seem insane to me, especially when it happened in the NBA less than 10 years ago.

Right on.

Hope you don't own guns.....sheesh.

What?

Edited by PortlandiaEast

JG - interesting hypothesis. Why Buffalo though? I would think, if the NFL was really smart about it, they wouldn't keep hitting the same team - they'd spread it around. Lets face it, if the league wanted to continue to stay under the radar, I don't think they'd continually have the Bills as the victim. Further, if the ref's wanted to throw the league, I don't think they'd keep picking on the same team....alas, I think it's just ineptitude on the part of the Bills.

JG - interesting hypothesis. Why Buffalo though? I would think, if the NFL was really smart about it, they wouldn't keep hitting the same team - they'd spread it around. Lets face it, if the league wanted to continue to stay under the radar, I don't think they'd continually have the Bills as the victim. Further, if the ref's wanted to throw the league, I don't think they'd keep picking on the same team....alas, I think it's just ineptitude on the part of the Bills.

One suggestion is that we're small market and we sell-out no matter what. The NFL knows the Bills won't make much more money whether they win or lose.

Makes you see this in a different light:

@mikerodak

Per @DanGrazianoESPN, Giants coach Tom Coughlin told his players before Sunday's game that the Bills would beat themselves with penalties.

I would like to thank those of you true Buffalo fans who have kept those with ulterior motives at bay.

Good work.

It's amazing to see how civil this board is when the enemy is outflanked and their insults fall on deaf ears, because their attacks are seen for the paper thin maneuverings they are.
This is what threads re: the Patriots cheating would look like, if the agents of the league's PR firm could be identified and banned.

Unfortunately, that day is not likely to come, so for the time being, you as true Bills fans will continue to pull your hair out, and stare at the monitor in amazement while you ask yourself "why am I getting resistance when arguing that the NFL should punish Tom Brady for cheating, when he plays for a division rival, and I'm on a Buffalo Bills message board?"

The answer to that question is the same answer as to why the name calling was attempted for the first handful of responses, and then immediately vacated when the league's social media department realized this thread was a lost cause.

It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

What bothers me the most is the variability of what is called and isn't by the same ref crew in the same game. In the first quarter, I think it was Robert Woods was running a go route down the left side and he was getting molested. "The refs are letting play physical today" said the announcer. Well, sometimes yes, and other times -- the foul is called but it is invisible even when rewinding the play. And it's not just a Bills problem. It's a NFL problem. And frankly, it makes every game less enjoyable when consecutive plays are flagged.

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve

One suggestion is that we're small market and we sell-out no matter what. The NFL knows the Bills won't make much more money whether they win or lose.

And same reason why its always the pats at the other end. Kraft/NFL really cashes in when the pats are on top due to the wealth in Boston/NE. If the bills were on top, im not sure how much more Bills fans would splurge on tix, gear, etc.

And same reason why its always the pats at the other end. Kraft/NFL really cashes in when the pats are on top due to the wealth in Boston/NE. If the bills were on top, im not sure how much more Bills fans would splurge on tix, gear, etc.

To play devil's advocate, why aren't the Jets or Bears better? They did have deep playoff runs over the last decade but nothing like the Patriots.

I would like to thank those of you true Buffalo fans who have kept those with ulterior motives at bay.

Good work.

It's amazing to see how civil this board is when the enemy is outflanked and their insults fall on deaf ears, because their attacks are seen for the paper thin maneuverings they are.

This is what threads re: the Patriots cheating would look like, if the agents of the league's PR firm could be identified and banned.

Unfortunately, that day is not likely to come, so for the time being, you as true Bills fans will continue to pull your hair out, and stare at the monitor in amazement while you ask yourself "why am I getting resistance when arguing that the NFL should punish Tom Brady for cheating, when he plays for a division rival, and I'm on a Buffalo Bills message board?"

The answer to that question is the same answer as to why the name calling was attempted for the first handful of responses, and then immediately vacated when the league's social media department realized this thread was a lost cause.

It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

The league social media dept. only concentrates on the official message boards. They outsource the secondary and obscure boards.

Their main concern is the official boards. If you notice a poster here, pro-ref after an embarrassment like this, he probably has an Indian accent.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

The league social media dept. only concentrates on the official message boards. They outsource the secondary and obscure boards.

Their main concern is the official boards. If you notice a poster pro-ref after an embarrassment like this, he probably has an Indian accent.

Imo

Good insight.

But in my experience you can spot the outsourced Indian reps by their overly formal way of typing. I haven't seen that on here. Unless they have scripts.

To play devil's advocate, why aren't the Jets or Bears better? They did have deep playoff runs over the last decade but nothing like the Patriots.

I dont have all the answers. If I was gonna throw out an arguement for the sake of it...

I would say as long as either the NYJ or NYG is in the playoffs NY is satisfied. The past few years have been rough, but two SBs and Jets in 09 10... if the players dont execute theres only so many points and wins you can buy.

The last few years I would say the blackhawks winning NHL titles has kept Chicago fans happy. I know the NHL is smalltime compared to the NFL, but I do think there might be some inter league talks saying, lets keep this big market happy, take some NHL championships...

I dont follow the NHL much, but I do like to think its the least corrupt league of the major four - least referee involvment. Anyone agree/disagree?

Edited by PortlandiaEast

From the bottom of my heart, to those of you in this thread, thank you for restoring my faith in this message board, and allowing me to take some positive energy away from this sham of a "game" that was played today.

You have restored some sense of balance to my evening, and I'm off to watch a movie with my family.

Keep moving forward, and continue to take joy from what the Bills can provide to you, but I would caution that you keep your mind and you heart separate when watching a corporation as enormous as the NFL play "games" on Sundays.

With something as random as athletic competition, not everything is a conspiracy, and these are still real young men playing a game with many obscure rules and a ball that is designed to bounce in a million random ways, on any given Sunday. That, and the strategy of two teams meeting will always be pure, and plays out beautifully on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons across high school and collegiate fields from Portland Oregon to Portland Maine.

The NFL will continue to entertain us all, and as surely as the sun will rise on Sunday, I will be watching the Bills play the Titans next week.

Try to keep your slandering of Buffalo's coaching staff to a minimum this week, please. And let's not ruin Doug Whaley's life either. These are the men that have to make a living in a world where sometimes the deck is stacked against them while the clock still reads 15:00 in quarter 1.

Peace, love, and God bless.

To Op:

What a waste of a seemingly educated mind.I for one do not disagree with the possibility of a conspiracy, however, what do you propose we do? Acknowledge the conspiracy and continue to behave like sheep? Or boycott the NFL and start a revolution? Either way, it's still sports entertainment after all.

#allgamesmatter 😈

I dont follow the NHL much, but I do like to think its the least corrupt league of the major four - least referee involvment. Anyone agree/disagree?

Inter-league makes way too much sense. Explains how Cutler feel into their laps.

NHL might be the most rigged with the LA and Chicago turning into powerhouses, and now the Rangers in the finals. Boston a couple years ago, etc. Don't forget Bettman is a Stern crony, and despite the forward-thinking, so is Adam Silver.

• "Gimme a quarterback, an offensive lineman, and a defensive back," legendary sports gambler Lem Banker once told me, "and I can control the outcome of any football game." The reality is an aspiring game fixer doesn't need all three. One key player (or referee) could alter the outcome of any NFL game enough to cover the point spread. And it is much easier than you would believe to sink your hooks into such a person—and get away with it. (Source)
Edited by Marc in MontrÈal

What's happened over the last 10 years or so is that whenever somebody accuses X group/corporation of conspiring to do Y, they are immediately grouped in with lizard people/UFOs/JFK/etc.

The truth is governments/intelligence agencies/corporations and many other groups work by conspiring against the public and are actually caught all the time.

They have turned "conspiracy theorist" into a slur in order to discredit ANYTHING remotely close to one. It's very dangerous propaganda and it worked.

The NFL fixing games does not seem insane to me, especially when it happened in the NBA less than 10 years ago.

I think that this reply should be the start of a new Off the Wall topic, because the first 3 paragraphs are spot on. If you are looking at this thinking conspiracy theorist, please go read about Risperdal, or !@#$ Dupont knowing what their chemicals did to the groundwater in WVa. Then think about the Supreme Court ruling allowing corporations to be essentially people.

It goes on and on...

I wish I could disregard this as drunk ramblings, but honestly I've seen it way too many times. Both of the calls that negated TD's were very very weak. Incognito's hit was above the waist which I believe is legal and that I did not see that hold after re-running the play several times.

This is my gut reaction as well... I'll reexamine my reaction around mid week.