Attn Bills FANS: Log off for the night

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

The name calling has begun in earnest here, very quickly.

Which is to be expected, of course.

Sacramento Kings fans were labeled crazy too, in 2000.

The only difference is, NFL refs are part time employees and work for a much wealthier league.

"bu bu bu bu, that was basketball, scenarios like that could NEVER happen in the NFL!!!"

And please, staffers, come with something other than smiley faces and name calling.

Refute any of my points.

Surely it should be easy to shoot down a premise so far fetched, no?

To say that the thought of the "officiating" having an ulterior motive has never crossed my mind would be a ball-faced lie.

Of course it will be classic.

All one has to do is sit on a park bench for 20 minutes and observe the people that walk by them.

The masses, are generally, for lack of a better term, dumb as a box of rocks.

If you could watch that game today, and think for even a minute, that it was fairly called and an equitable contest, than you would probably respond to a thread like this by

a) calling me a woman (check)

b) name calling in some other derogatory fashion (check)

c) or becoming frightened and think that i was going to hurt you? (check?)

d) dismiss it (check check check)

To any of you that have the ability to think critically, logically, and impartially, I ask you: why would the majority (or ANY) responses on a supposed "Buffalo Bills message board" defend the point of view that today was a fairly called game?

Did it feel that way at the stadium? (no)

Did it feel that way when you were watching at home? (no)

Do the posters who have taken longer than a single, dismissive sentence to address the topic at hand feel that way? (no)

And why, pray tell, does the NFL deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Are the league champions cheaters? (yes)

Have they been busted, not by the league, but by their fellow competitors, for cheating on more than one occassion? (yes)

Is the only team that has been able to "beat" them in the championship round, or in the division, from the New York metropolitan area? (yes)

Have cheating scandals occurred in the 21st century to other professional sports leagues in America? (yes)

But please, form the queue to keep the names coming.

I'm a big boy, I can handle it, I promise.

And this.

I have not had a sip of alcohol in years my friend.

It numbs the soul, poisons the body, calcifies the pineal gland, ruins lives, and destroys families.

Keep those accusations with the insinuations that I own weapons of violence.

I don't do drugs, either, so I'll stop you right there.

Very well articulated. Quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. Keep it coming Mr. Gold!

On planet earth,

First, what would you know about what happens on planet Earth?

Second, your thread title tells us to log off, and the thread itself demands that we argue with your post.

Third, Pegula is a pretty smart guy. Why would he spend 1.4 billion on a team who's parent organization is overtly opposed to its success?

I always enjoy your out-of-your-mind posts/threads, but why not just answer my question and then go to bed?

First, what would you know about what happens on planet Earth?

Second, your thread title tells us to log off, and the thread itself demands that we argue with your post.

Third, Pegula is a pretty smart guy. Why would he spend 1.4 billion on a team who's parent organization is overtly opposed to its success?

I always enjoy your out-of-your-mind posts/threads, but why not just answer my question and then go to bed?

To answer this, I always think about the ESPN report where the owners knew Goodell was covering up Spygate but went with it to protect the "shield". Billionaires don't like to lose money.

Teams make a large percentage of their money from revenue sharing. The more revenue there is, the more revenue there is to share. And if there is more revenue when the Cowboys or Giants or Patriots are good, then the owners would go along with it.

Pegula came out of absolutely nowhere. I never heard of the guy before he bought the Sabres and I don't know anybody else who did. Who knows what his motives truly are.

For what it's worth, "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" had an excellent piece on illegal gambling in sports and how gambling syndicates have bought various leagues around the world, including top level soccer in a variety of sophisticated areas.

The scandal in Italian Serie A back in 2006 alone was a huge, massive story many Bills' fans may not be familiar with.

Think about it: if you are a gambling syndicate who financially benefits massively by controlling the outcome of a game, how do you control that outcome most easily and predictably?

Do you control a player? A handful of players? No. You control the referees, b/c they have a direct influence on the game, do not make much money relative to the players, and therefore have incentive to go to the dark side.

This has happened all over the civilized world in major sport.

In my opinion, it is a question of time before it makes its way to the NFL, if it hasn't already.

I am not saying it has. Just that I would be surprised if it doesn't at some point.

It would at least provide a reasonable explanation for the WWE level officiating. And I did notice the line moving down 1.5 during the week. Lots of late $ on the Giants.

Believe what you want but the refs were awful and some of those calls were ridiculous. Clay for PI? He didn't push off. You can blame refs for a loss...we had TDs called back. I don't think refs are paid off...I just think they are not trained well and they are not good at their jobs.