Wheres McRib?

billsfan_34

I cant speak knowledgbly to Greg Romans intelligence level and as always its a team decision to release or keep a player. I think everyone on the board understands that concept. I also get that he can run and open other things up. My point is the guy is extremely fragile so how much longerdoes the staff allow this to continue? Its now week four lets see if he plays. And if he does how long until he is hurt again which I hope he is not.

Whya ate you this interested in getting rid of him? Is there someone on the PS or a free agent who you feel offers more value on the 53?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Goodwin has had some posts here and there but this is specific. What the heck is really going on with him? He should of been back on the field by now. Cant we just let this guy loose he adds nothing to this team. I hear he doesnt even work out for football in the off season just track related training. If my memory is correct his "rib injury" was over 5 weeks ago.

I think it has been around 5 weeks but his ribs were cracked not just bruised. Takes about 6 weeks for broken bones.

Huh...so would they really dress 7 wide-outs? Would Hogan or Easley sit? Do they shelf Flash? Or perhaps go with only 2 active RBs (sitting C. Wood)?

great question considering the Browns are being investigated by the NFL for listing Haden as probable and then shelving him. So I would say Goodwin being inactive is highly unlikely. They also need Gragg. Edited by YoloinOhio

great question considering the Browns are being investigated by the NFL for listing Haden as probable and then shelving him. So I would say Goodwin being inactive is highly unlikely. They also need Gragg.

He could be a healthy scratch. That has nothing to do with the injury report.

great question considering the Browns are being investigated by the NFL for listing Haden as probable and then shelving him. So I would say Goodwin being inactive is highly unlikely. They also need Gragg.

The easy answer to that part of it is to simply list everyone as questionable. That way, they're all 50/50, and you never have to explain yourself.

As to roster decisions on game day, perhaps they'll do as they did last week and deactivate Carrington, choosing instead to dress all 7 WRs and 3 RBs. I'd find that odd, but hey, stranger things have happened.

After seeing Sammy's comments I think we will get either him OR Goodwin, with Goodwin more likely

While he doesn't provide the presence that DCs have to game plan for, at least Goodwin is a guy that other teams have to be aware of when he's out there. Here's hoping that he gets a good 15-20 snaps offensively.

I can see his ability to command combo coverage as being a huge asset to the short passing game; making room for Harvin and Woods to get some unchallenged underneath catches on 2nd-and-long plays. I do think that throwing the deep ball to Flash out of the slot on the 6-9 combo is still a must at some point though. Without Sammy in the game, you can't count on Flash being 1-on-1 with a safety, but the odds are that Tennessee's slot corner isn't going to be in press man against him either. So you've got a good chance at it being a sprint to the ball between Flash the deep safety. If nothing else it keeps them honest.

While he doesn't provide the presence that DCs have to game plan for, at least Goodwin is a guy that other teams have to be aware of when he's out there. Here's hoping that he gets a good 15-20 snaps offensively.

I can see his ability to command combo coverage as being a huge asset to the short passing game; making room for Harvin and Woods to get some unchallenged underneath catches on 2nd-and-long plays. I do think that throwing the deep ball to Flash out of the slot on the 6-9 combo is still a must at some point though. Without Sammy in the game, you can't count on Flash being 1-on-1 with a safety, but the odds are that Tennessee's slot corner isn't going to be in press man against him either. So you've got a good chance at it being a sprint to the ball between Flash the deep safety. If nothing else it keeps them honest.

titans were without Jason McCourty for the Browns game but if you saw the deep balls Manziel was throwing to Travis Benjamin that day you would think that could be available for Taylor and Flash.

titans were without Jason McCourty for the Browns game but if you saw the deep balls Manziel was throwing to Travis Benjamin that day you would think that could be available for Taylor and Flash.

Indeed...with Flash, it's more about safety play than corner play.

There isn't a DB currently on an NFL roster with his type of speed (sub 4.3), so the deep safety really needs to have a solid cushion and be ready to run.

If Roman can find a way to hit a few running plays out of '11' personnel early on, the deep ball will definitely be there on PA plays out of '11' later on.

Now this I don't understand. Whether a player is injured or not is one thing. Whether a player is a scratch or not on gameday really should be something else, not? Anyone can be a healthy scratch, any week. In addition, someone can be listed as "probable" on Friday, aggravate the injury on Saturday, and be scratched on Sunday.

What exactly is the NFL investigating here? Unless the Browns were super-stupid and pretty much admitted "we listed him as probable but the truth is he wrapped himself in dacron batting and jogged around the perimeter of the practice field, so he's out"?

Edited by Hopeful

Now this I don't understand. Whether a player is injured or not is one thing. Whether a player is a scratch or not on gameday really should be something else, not? Anyone can be a healthy scratch, any week. In addition, someone can be listed as "probable" on Friday, aggravate the injury on Saturday, and be scratched on Sunday.

What exactly is the NFL investigating here? Unless the Browns were super-stupid and pretty much admitted "we listed him as probable but the truth is he wrapped himself in dacron batting and jogged around the perimeter of the practice field, so he's out"?

no I was wrong - as mentioned above if he's a healthy scratch that is ok I guess. Haden wasn't - he didn't play because he was hurt - and the league no likey. Guess they needed him to be questionable. But probable means 25% chance of not playing right so why the issue? Who knows but guessing it had to go with fantasy and betting.

After seeing Sammy's comments I think we will get either him OR Goodwin, with Goodwin more likely

Personally I would like them to be cautious with Sammy and bring him back healthy and not prone to re-injury. Same for McCoy.

Will Goodwin be as fast in a flak jacket? He really ought to wear rib protection - we know durn well any time he's tackled the opposition will be digging into his ribs, even if they don't go into him helmet first and just take the chance the Zebras miss it or ignore it.

no I was wrong - as mentioned above if he's a healthy scratch that is ok I guess. Haden wasn't - he didn't play because he was hurt - and the league no likey. Guess they needed him to be questionable. But probable means 25% chance of not playing right so why the issue? Who knows but guessing it had to go with fantasy and betting.

The whole injury report, as I understand it, was set up to support betting. But you're absolutely right, probable means 25% chance of not playing so where's the Beef?

Personally I would like them to be cautious with Sammy and bring him back healthy and not prone to re-injury. Same for McCoy.

Will Goodwin be as fast in a flak jacket? He really ought to wear rib protection - we know durn well any time he's tackled the opposition will be digging into his ribs, even if they don't go into him helmet first and just take the chance the Zebras miss it or ignore it.

The whole injury report, as I understand it, was set up to support betting. But you're absolutely right, probable means 25% chance of not playing so where's the Beef?

the NFL is procrastinating with the real problems like the inept refs impacting game results by creating fake problems to investigate