Losman decision

PromoTheRobot

I'm sure everyone here who wants Losman over DB is willing ot give TD the benefit of the doubt, at least until the season starts.

And if we end up heading for a .500 or sub .500 season every person on this forum who did give TD the benefit of the doubt will post page long rants on why TD sucks and why he must go. You can bank on it, it the way of the modern day Bills fan.

hopefully Losman will be all that, and hopefully TD bolsters our OL with some major offseason upgrades !!

Starting JP Losman is a risk.  No doubt about it.  But none of us can say for sure what the guy can or can't do.  Only the Bills coaching staff has an idea.  We have no choice but to have some faith they know what they are doing.

PTR

238511[/snapback]

We don't know who JP's back-up will be yet...

if our #2 QB is relatively competent and not prone to making bone-headed mistakes,

it's really not that big of a risk IMO.

unfortunately, too many posters to this board have an agenda to push for them to understand that the bills' brass have already had these QB debates internally.

it's all wait-and-see for now...too early for fans to draw any conclusions about JP.

unfortunately, too many posters to this board have an agenda to push for them to understand that the bills' brass have already had these QB debates internally.

238532[/snapback]

I would love to have been a fly-on-the-wall for some of those debates! ;)

here here....I would have LOVED to hear the film sessions that the bills coaching staff watched of certain games (with Drew not present)

"What the (**&& is he doing!"

238567[/snapback]

You know there was a whole lotta :devil:;):doh: going on! :lol:

I'm sure everyone here who wants Losman over DB is willing ot give TD the benefit of the doubt, at least until the season starts.

And if we end up heading for a .500 or sub .500 season every person on this forum who did give TD the benefit of the doubt will post page long rants on why TD sucks and why he must go. You can bank on it, it the way of the modern day Bills fan.

hopefully Losman will be all that, and hopefully TD bolsters our OL with some major offseason upgrades !!

238517[/snapback]

Wow, you really are the mirror image of morons.

238517[/snapback]

what fun it would be if we end up 9 - 7 next year . who will we blame ?

Starting JP Losman is a risk.  No doubt about it.  But none of us can say for sure what the guy can or can't do.  Only the Bills coaching staff has an idea.  We have no choice but to have some faith they know what they are doing.

PTR

238511[/snapback]

I'm sure the Bills brass has concluded that Drew's topped out.

The schedule is tougher in '05 so Drew's going to give us another 8 -8 or 9 -7.

Therefore, since we have effectively no chance for the playoffs, put the ball in JP's hands because:

There is nothing or almost nothing we want the kid to learn from DB (especially preparation for the season and individual games).

And, JP at least has an upside future. Time to find out the worth of the investment

here here....I would have LOVED to hear the film sessions that the bills coaching staff watched of certain games (with Drew not present)

"What the (**&& is he doing!"

238567[/snapback]

Reminds me of an annecdote from Fred Smerlas' book, "By A Nose". If I remember it, Smerlas said he was packing up his stuff for the off-season, a day or two after the Bills had gotten knocked out of the 1981 playoffs by the Chargers. He had a feeling it was going to be Chuck Knox's last game. He went to Knox's office to say good-bye, and walked in as Knox was watching a film of an interception that Fergy threw in the games' waning moments. Not knowing Smerlas was in the room, Knox muttered something like "you stupid s.o.b!"

I loved Fergy, but Knox was the man...

PTR

238511[/snapback]

i find it amazing how much TD has coasted by with all the negative talk around bledsoe this past month.........posters seem to forget that it was TD's decision to trade for him AND give him a contract extension, so if you don't like bledsoe, those are two big strikes against him........

but yet, no one seems to want to come down on TD for the moves and would rather direct their anger towards bledsoe.........very hypocritical.......

i find it amazing how much TD has coasted by with all the negative talk around bledsoe this past month.........posters seem to forget that it was TD's decision to trade for him AND give him a contract extension, so if you don't like bledsoe, those are two big strikes against him........

but yet, no one seems to want to come down on TD for the moves and would rather direct their anger towards bledsoe.........very hypocritical.......

238760[/snapback]

Just for clarification:

- I bear no anger or ill will against Drew Bledsoe......I just came to the realization (after years of supporting him tooth and nail) that unless we have a pro bowl line, 2000 yard back, duel pro bowl receivers, etc etc that he was NOT going to get us where we want to go. He had a good line, decent recievers, and a solid running game AND COULDN'T GET US TO THE PLAYOFFS. There is absolutely no reason that things would be any different next year. But I do not hate Drew.....I only wish for my team to realize the mistake and move on.

- TD gets a pass from me because he recognized the situation (even if it was a bit late) and appears to be ready to make changes. He has made a lot of other moves on this team that were GOOD moves.......

238760[/snapback]

I agree TD deserves blame for getting fleeced by the Pats in the 1st place. :devil:

However, (as I've said in other threads today)

I believe Ralph forced his hand in extending Drew...

So TD extended Drew last year that the understanding that Drew would hold down the fort until JP is ready. Now that JP is ready, it's time for Drew to go, just as planned.

Can't find any fault with TD there.

However, (as I've said in other threads today)

I believe Ralph forced his hand in extending Drew...

So TD extended Drew last year that the understanding that Drew would hold down the fort until JP is ready. Now that JP is ready, it's time for Drew to go, just as planned.

Can't find any fault with TD there.

238795[/snapback]

why not let him play out his contract this season and then not extend him? the decision wasn't due until november, but TD jumped early and gave him his cash.......

if he did that, all we would carry in dead money would be 2M (the buyout).......would that not have been the better move?

sorry, there is fault in his decision making IN THIS CASE because he made the wrong decision.........