Rex calling out Duke Williams?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Duke's performance against Gronk in last year's home game, I blame Rex for even considering trying to cover Gronk with him.

Watch the play again:http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092001/2015/REG2/patriots@bills#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000534130&tab=videos

Pats motioned Gronk and Amendola outside. Duke thinks Bradham is supposed to double Gronk with Gilmore. but Bradham and Gilmore yell at him to help double Gronk. While they're yelling the play is snapped, Bradham bumps Amendola and Gronk runs in untouched and gets an easy reception. Meanwhile Duke ended up helping to double Amendola. Total blown play by Duke. Can't blame Rex on this one.

Watch the play again:http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092001/2015/REG2/patriots@bills#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000534130&tab=videos

Pats motioned Gronk and Amendola outside. Duke thinks Bradham is supposed to double Gronk with Gilmore. but Bradham and Gilmore yell at him to help double Gronk. While they're yelling the play is snapped, Bradham bumps Amendola and Gronk runs in untouched and gets an easy reception. Meanwhile Duke ended up helping to double Amendola. Total blown play by Duke. Can't blame Rex on this one.

Isn't it Rex' job to have his guys ready to play?

I was thinking that play worked because we were so freaked out about the pick play. The Patsies** lined up like it was but instead just sent Gronk on a regular pattern totally faking us out.

Edited by reddogblitz

I was thinking that play worked because we were so freaked out about the pick play. The Patsies** lined up like it was but instead just sent Gronk on a regular pattern totally faking us out.

Technically, but he's one man and he's got 53 guys. It's difficult for him to monitor every player for every contingency. It's as much Thurman and the DB coach's fault.

Read this whole thread. Bills had the right defense called. Both Bradham and Gilmore told Williams where to cover, and he still blew it. Even Belichick was confounded how the Bills blew that coverage

Why do you think Rex is insenced? there is only so much that you can try to hammer into a dunderhead and that's why Dukes days are numbered as soon as 23 returns.

Read this whole thread. Bills had the right defense called. Both Bradham and Gilmore told Williams where to cover, and he still blew it. Even Belichick was confounded how the Bills blew that coverage

Why do you think Rex is insenced? there is only so much that you can try to hammer into a dunderhead and that's why Dukes days are numbered as soon as 23 returns.

Did you hear them say that (bolded part)?

I did read the whole thread and just gave my impression of the play. Still looked to me like they all 3 were messing up.

Did you hear them say that (bolded part)?

I did read the whole thread and just gave my impression of the play. Still looked to me like they all 3 were messing up.

Watch the video I posted. Clear as day both of them were telling Duke where to go.

@jeffphowe: The Gronk TD yesterday might be an example of a defense that isn't listening to its coach, or at least processing the info.

@jeffphowe: Gronk/Chandler motioned left exactly the same as last week's 2 GL TDs. Bradham made the defensive checks to Gilmore and Duke Williams...

@jeffphowe: Williams was completely confused, got lost before, during and after the snap and covered Chandler instead of inside leverage vs. Gronk.

@jeffphowe: Bradham was yelling like, "We've seen this, know our checks and you're not understanding me." Bizarre events for Ryan's defense.

@jeffphowe: @michaelFhurley Bradham should be mad, though. He made the right call, but Williams couldn't understand what to do.

thanks for the clarification.

So Bill B did watch the play.

again i have said the communication was rough and Brady knew it. It was against the Colts too.

But Duke just want to play down in the box lol

Out of curiosity, who was Gilmore Covering most of the day?

There is a reason you ask that isnt there? because Brady avoided him.

Gilmore #getsrespect

Gilmore's one of the last guys who should be yapping at a teammate after yesterday's performance...

yes thats it. talk it out..

Trade for Chancellor. Play three safeties against the spread formations. He hits like a LB and is not truly awful in coverage.

Duke is just not good.

If only.. right?

interesting, I don't know - he wasn't targeted much, he did get beat for a TD one on one with Gronk on the goal line.

My point is: If Gilmore didnt have to cover Edelman or Gronk, then why would he even throw there.

BTW: Edelman was wide open on the 4rth and 1. Brady overthrew the ball. ( it was 24 that was covering )

The CB play didnt change the outcome of this game, however Gilmore had a bad game yesterday.

My point is: If Gilmore didnt have to cover Edelman or Gronk, then why would he even throw there.

BTW: Edelman was wide open on the 4rth and 1. Brady overthrew the ball. ( it was 24 that was covering )

The CB play didnt change the outcome of this game, however Gilmore had a bad game yesterday.

Thats not what i saw. The secondary had a bad game. whether by design or individual effort remains to be uncovered. When Aaron went out things unraveled a bit?

But 4th and one better be press and not cushion zone. I honestly dont recall that play Fredex22.