At least the Pats* won't be controlling the clock

Just Jack

I have noticed that Brady tends to (seemingly) get the play clock reset whenever he wants.

That said, it was raining, and it's very common for a new ball to be put in play after a big gain in any situation--let alone when it's raining. Often times, when it's raining, and the officials are putting a new ball into play, the ball can roll away and not be set properly, which calls--by rule--for a resetting of the play clock, so it may not have been incorrect to do so.

people do realize that the play clock on the tv is not official, right?

Right, but those are real seconds ticking by, right? and those are extra seconds added, regardless. even if the clocks not right, he used up way more time than is normally allotted between plays. the explanation could be a ball switch, but otherwise that's extra time regardless of official or unofficial clock.

I suspect everyone understands that the game clock on your TV is not, y'know, the official game clock.

But I do enjoy the fact that the Pats** are so completely branded as cheaters now that random people are actually going back to their DVR to find, record and post this kind of nonsense.

I think everyone is upset about something that happens quite regularly...After every play, the play clock gets reset to 40 seconds. Occasionally, something else happens (see below) which triggers a "reset" of the play clock. The reset is at the discretion of the referee who signals that reset with a "single-handed-raise-the-roof" motion. In the video, you see Brady** request such a reset by mimicking the signal (and generally whining like a baby). What is harder to detect is that the referee was making an announcement in the background. Collinsworth talks right over top of the officials announcement. That happens around 22 seconds on the play clock. Because the official makes an announcement - likely clarifying the ruling on the field of incomplete pass on the previous play - both teams are afforded the customary 25 seconds to plan for the next play. Hence the reset. I've seen many other quarterbacks do the same thing. This is a non-issue. When the play clock gets reset, it only goes to 25, just like in the videos everyone is sharing. The "extra 15 seconds" was no slight of hand. It was by the rules.

Here are the rules from nfl.com:

Time between plays will be 40 seconds from the end of a given play until the snap of the ball for the next play, or a 25-second interval after certain administrative stoppages and game delays