Week 2: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

Gilmore feeling pretty confident after shutting down Andre Johnson...

A hobbling Johnson had 6 catches for 71 yards from Ryan Fitzpatrick last time he faced off against Gilmore. So, yeah he should be happy.

Shutting down Johnson is old hat for Gilmore...he's owned him 3 times now.

You're joking right?

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking right?

No, I am not.

Johnson had 4 catches against Gilmore that game; 2 against Graham. Hopkins also burnt Graham for a TD.

The previous game (in 2012), Johnson had 5 catches in the first half against Aaron Williams, and then Gilmore shadowed him the rest of the game, limiting him to 3 catches.

Edited by thebandit27

NY Law School Professor Robert Blecker Professor Blecker, a former Special Prosecutor and expert on Crime & Punishment, had recently given a lecture at the International Assoc. for the Philosophy of Sport (IAPS) Conference entitled "DeflateGate: Cheating with the Rules.”Bluntly asked at the beginning if he was a Patriots fan, he answered: “No, I don’t like them, and I won’t be rooting for them to succeed this year, as I didn’t root for them to succeed last year.”

Blecker expanded later: “When I first read the Wells Report, I thought they cheated, and truthfully I sort of hoped they did, because I don’t like the Patriots, I still don’t.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@MichaelaVernava

Tyrod Taylor looked good in week 1, but @viccarucci says the Patriots will test the Bills QB. (VIDEO): http://youtu.be/t8wlleYA47E

via @NESN

@Patriots

#Patriots Injury Report: http://www.patriots.com/schedule-and-stats/injury-report

@AdamSchefter

Within next 24-48 hours, Patriots employees John Jastremski and Jim McNally are expected to be reinstated, according to a league source.

@cordyglenn77

Before the season started I was gonna ask which game/match up #BillsMafia was most excited 4... but I think I already know 1f633.png1f602.png#NEvsBUF

@CBryant198

We're workin to be great! One day at a time..... #billsmafia https://instagram.com/p/7sPFDEDWTi7WATXCFdATGfTgvvylEdEitYKFs0/

By Erik Scalavino

News and notes from the Patriots locker room and practice field.

LeSean McCoy: "Everybody's Fired Up" (5:47)

RB LeSean McCoy talks about the Bills/Patriots rivalry, his health, the importance of establishing the run game and more.

Tyrod Taylor: "We're Confident As A Team" (5:28)

QB Tyrod Taylor talks about the magnitude of the Pats/Bills rivalry, the importance of maximizing every possession, playing in adverse conditions and more.

Preston Brown: "Keep a calm, confident demeanor" (12:20)

Bills linebacker Preston Brown joined The John Murphy Show to discuss last week's game against the Colts, the preparations this week against the Patriots, and the studying of the defensive playbook.

Fact:

Rex past 4 years against the Pats**(**): 1-7

Bills past 4 years against the Pats**(**): 2-8

2 wins and 8 loses....in 4 years? That's an interesting fact.

Whenever I see a cherry picked time cutoff I assume adding just one more year will likely change the statistics dramatically.

Lets have a look at 5 years:

Rex past 5 years against the Pats: 3-8

Bills past 5 years against the Pats: 2-8