Wifi at the Ralph

Davealan74

I haven't made any of the preseason games yet but will be there for the home opener. I heard a rumor that the WiFi in the stadium is pretty good and i could actually stream while at the game. Has any one tested the WiFi in the stadium and is it as good as the rumors I am hearing. Just wondering if i should bring my tablet.

just so you know NFL Sunday Ticket

is blackout inside the stadium

and in the parking lot it won't work.

or so I've been told.so if your going to stream it on iPhone or iPad

your going to be disappointed if you have NFL

Sunday ticket max

You can try using a VPN service to connect to the Internet. Then directv thinks you are at the location of the vapn provider which will be outside the stadium. I've used it in the past using my work vpn.

You can try using a VPN service to connect to the Internet. Then directv thinks you are at the location of the vapn provider which will be outside the stadium. I've used it in the past using my work vpn.

I use to do it when the offered game pass for free in Europe(back then it wasn't called game pass). I would just set my vpn for Amsterdam and bam, all games for free. Did it for almost 4 years.There was no blackouts at my house!!! So I don't see why a vpn wouldn't work for Sunday ticket.

Edited by lxxenigmaxxl

Im up in the nose bleeds. I wonder what the delay is between the game and TV.

No offense, but why in the world would you want to watch Sunday Ticket if you're at the Ralph watching a Bills game?

I don't have Sunday ticket but I would like to actually see the game as my seasons are at the very top the the Ralph in section 310 row 38 . I'm the 12 man buddy. You will see me screaming and waiving my tablet around.

What's a VPN and how do you change it

on your iPad or iPhone

thanks

You don't need a VPN service to do that. All you need to do is to use a proxy server. It is a setting within Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options- Connections - Lan Settings

Go to Google and search "Free proxy servers"

Those free proxy servers go down often. So if you are going to do this, make sure you test the proxy server connection right before you leave for the football game.

There are paid proxy server services that are more reliable. Just Google them. Or you can pay for a VPN as already mentioned.

The free proxy server thing will be a pain in your rear the first time you try to learn how to do it. But once you learn how to do it, it takes less than one minute to get everything setup. It is very easy to do if you are technically savvy.

Just remember to change the proxy settings back when you get home.

Also, you generally don't want to transmit passwords and login credentials across a free proxy service or a free VPN service. Only use a paid service for such things as that exposes you to having your username and password compromised.

I'd be happy if it works well enough to listen to wgr radio app so I can listen to the game from my phone

Couple of years ago I got a small radio with earbuds and I listen to the game on WWKB - AM that simulcast the games without the delay. If you listen to WGR at the game there is a delay and makes it frustrating. Much nicer listening to KB and not worry about the WiFi.

No offense, but why in the world would you want to watch Sunday Ticket if you're at the Ralph watching a Bills game?

One reason is so that you can see the game better. For all except the best seats, there will be times you will not have a good view of the game. Plus halftime, during the numerous dead time commercial breaks. Lots of reasons.

Edited by CodeMonkey