Prostitution arrests: Southern Tier Style

\GoBillsInDallas/

The problem in Niagara Falls is very complicated.

It must be. You graciously took the time to explain it to me long ago, and frankly I didn't understand and still do not.

It's hard to understand how a place with that much splendor could become a cesspool. One would think that there would be tons of money to be made. Then again, there is plenty of riverside property in Camden, NJ. :(

It must be. You graciously took the time to explain it to me long ago, and frankly I didn't understand and still do not.

It's hard to understand how a place with that much splendor could become a cesspool. One would think that there would be tons of money to be made. Then again, there is plenty of riverside property in Camden, NJ. :(

It's mind boggling, Bill. It's hard to comprehend because it really is incomprehensible.

But I still believe this decline will be what makes it easier for a complete makeover. There is huge prize to be had, and it is waiting for someone to strike. The only questions are: When? and Who? So far those who have shown interest are the kind of speculators who are in no real hurry to act. They aren't visionaries---just investors looking to cash in if/when things turn around. We can only hope a guy like Pegula steps in and starts making things happen.

I should note I have been away from the area for some time, and don't have the connections I once had. So there may be stuff going on, and I simply am uninformed.

Doesn't Binghamton have IBM and some defense contractors anymore?

IBM is effectively gone. 11,000 employees at its peak in the late 80's. Now there's about 150...maybe.

Lockheed Martin employs about 2,500. Other than that, manufacturing is dead. All that is left is a few sales and retail jobs, and lots of crime. Binghamton University is the biggest employer in the county. It's sad...

Edited by SmokinES3

IBM is effectively gone. 11,000 employees at its peak in the late 80's. Now there's about 150...maybe.

Lockheed Martin employs about 2,500. Other than that, manufacturing is dead. All that is left is a few sales and retail jobs, and lots of crime. Binghamton University is the biggest employer in the county. It's sad...

Wow, I didn't know that IBM was down to so few, esp. since it was founded there..........My ex girlfriend's husband works for Lockheed, so they must be one of the few families doing well. I figured they had more defense contractors there, and not just the one.

Back in the stone ages when I was going out with her, that area seemed to be doing pretty good. At least I hope they still have spiedies!