Losman was the first to report

Thailog80

What an egotistical bastard.  He's only there to get a jump start on his competition, so he can pad his stats for next year.  :P

237334[/snapback]

Yeah, what a piece of crap he is. Cant we just go back to guys that spend the whole off-season fly fishing in The midwest? ;)

He's doing the one thing Brady said he could do better than Bledsoe--work/prepare harder. I like the fact he is there first. Earns the respect of his teammates and especially the veterans. Much easier to work out at home in Venice Beach, but not nearly as productive. He needs SOOOOO much preparation and coaching, but glad he took the first step. Kudos to JP for that.

SSShhhhhhh!!!!!

Those were the guys involved in the super secret hush-hush talks to renegotiate their contracts so Drew could get a pay raise based on the awesome love shown by his devoted fans. When the talks collapsed, so did Drew's future here.

Bledsoe's leadership led us all the way to.....um.....yeah, where did that lead us?

237686[/snapback]

Borderline playoffs. But in the first game of the season. What player other than Drew Bledsoe blew it in the endzone.

TICK TICK TICK. Nate Clements.

Bills win that game, they would have been in the playoffs no doubt.

Nice......I like reading that. It shows me that he's eager to get to work on HIS team.

237322[/snapback]

Before we get all warm and fuzzy, does it say anywhere that JPL initiated this "great humanitarian act" of good faith on being the first to report?

I kinda of believe Mularkey was on the phone about one week ago to JPL and said:" Son you got two choices, be the first one in and compete for the job or come in when your ready and back up DB. What is it going to be?"

It does make a difference you know. Doing something at the point of a bayonet is slightly different than doing something on your own accord.

Yes, I had a great time watching the Bills play in the "Borderline Playoffs."  As we all know, that's where legends are made....

237841[/snapback]

So you preferred the 3-13 seasons as opposed to watching a meaningful game in Orchard Park in January? Yeah, we didn't make the playoffs but we were one game away for two of the last three seasons. I've said it before, and i"ll say it again -- to those who have been saying "Steve's Grandma would be no worse than Bledsoe," I maintain we could've been FAR worse. In fact, we've only had one losing season in those three years. Yes, no playoffs, but we were far from cellar dwellers.

Borderline playoffs. But in the first game of the season. What player other than Drew Bledsoe blew it in the endzone.

TICK TICK TICK. Nate Clements.

Bills win that game, they would have been in the playoffs no doubt.

237796[/snapback]

I was going to say Moulds, for fumbling in the redzone. Or CV for holding on the second to last offensive play the Bills had. Unfortunately, a lot of people like to pin everything on one guy instead of realizing that it's a team game.

But don't worry Sue, JPL can do no wrong and we're going to win the Superbowl with him next year because ANYBODY could've QB'd this team to a 9-7 record; any replacement is guaranteed to win at least 1-2 more games. :rolleyes:

CW

But don't worry Sue, JPL can do no wrong and we're going to win the Superbowl with him next year because ANYBODY could've QB'd this team to a 9-7 record; any replacement is guaranteed to win at least 1-2 more games.  :rolleyes:

CW

237856[/snapback]

No one is saying JP will be our savior. We're saying that JP COULD be our savior, or he could be a bust.

We all know what Drew can do for us, and it's not good enough. Even TD agrees with us Drew Bashers that Drew cannot get it done. And the 3 ring SB Pats would probably agree with us, too. So there you go. The opinion of 2 pro football organizations (not to mention some of the other 30 like the Arizona Cards who want nothing to do with Bledsoe) against that of you, njsue, and a few other delusional Bills fans.

Now njsue and a few others will argue that Drew can lead us to the promised land if he just has a better LT, LG, C, TE, and WR. But these certain people are obviously unaware of the salary cap. That's not possible, without also having to sacrifice our #2 D in the years ahead.

So you preferred the 3-13 seasons as opposed to watching a meaningful game in Orchard Park in January?  Yeah, we didn't make the playoffs but we were one game away for two of the last three seasons.  I've said it before, and i"ll say it again -- to those who have been saying "Steve's Grandma would be no worse than Bledsoe," I maintain we could've been FAR worse.  In fact, we've only had one losing season in those three years.  Yes, no playoffs, but we were far from cellar dwellers.

I was going to say Moulds, for fumbling in the redzone.  Or CV for holding on the second to last offensive play the Bills had.  Unfortunately, a lot of people like to pin everything on one guy instead of realizing that it's a team game.

But don't worry Sue, JPL can do no wrong and we're going to win the Superbowl with him next year because ANYBODY could've QB'd this team to a 9-7 record; any replacement is guaranteed to win at least 1-2 more games.  :rolleyes:

CW

237856[/snapback]

no GM in the world can justify 6.5mill in cap cash for no playoffs, no SB, and simply a winning season.

We are in this for the SB not for simply winning more than we lose.

JP may or may not b e better than Drew, we dont know, what we do know is that Drew will be about the same as last year or a little worse. That isnt good enough to get us to the SB obviously.

No one is saying JP will be our savior. We're saying that JP COULD be our savior, or he could be a bust.

I've seen PLENTY of posts saying that we can do no worse with JPL than with DB. That's the part I have a serious issue with.

Fact of the matter is, with one less mistake by NC, TH, CV, DB, EM, etc, etc, we would've been in the playoffs. To think that ANY QB would've done as well or better is just crazy talk.

Even TD agrees with us Drew Bashers that Drew cannot get it done

Based on...? Again, I havn't heard a single official word about the situation, only speculation.

CW

I dont like bledsoe very much but i must say, that after the 2001 season, you have to admit he rekindled our hope for anything good happening for us. Now I know that we didnt make the playoffs but and im saying BUT we still jumped from 3-13 to 8-8. I mean come on guys that was amazing. And though drew crapped out the second half of 2002, he still uplifted the morale of our team and was able to make them believe that hey, maybe they could pull something off you know. if they got their sh** together they could be a legitimate threat. However he ended up crapping out even more in 2003. and he crapped out like anything beginning of this season. but you have to imagine where we would be if we had not acquired drew. Would we still be rebuilding with greggo and gillbride?? Maybe, in another bizzarro universe. That said, I know we havent seen what JP can do yet. But from what i have read about his days in tulane, he had a horrible o line. I mean if you think ours was bad last year try his. and this kid was still able to put up 3000 yds in a season. He has mobility very similar to flutie. keep in mind im not saying i know for a fact he will be good, but given the right tools i think he can flourish as our qb. I think with mularkey's system he can do a lot of things for us.

NINJA VANISH!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

no GM in the world can justify 6.5mill in cap cash for no playoffs, no SB, and simply a winning season.

You mean like David Carr (HOU) and Aaron Brooks (NO)?

Gotta be careful when you say things like "nobody" or "everybody."

CW

Nice......I like reading that. It shows me that he's eager to get to work on HIS team.

237322[/snapback]

This was the first of many tests to come. In the last few weeks we have been discussing what JP has to do, to be doing things the RIGHT way. We all felt that it was imperative that he get in Buffalo as soon as possible and get to work.

So, he passed his first test. I think this is a great sign that the guys "attitude" is in the right place. That he takes this very very serious and wants to win early and often.

The other nice move was for the Bills to show him that they support him fully early if they have any intention of starting him at all next season. Eli suffered from getting thrown to the dogs. If your young QB gets every single snap with the first team it will only help speed up his "jelling" with the supporting cast on the O. The line need sto know what he can and cant do, how much time he needs, etc...The WR's need to know where he will bethrowing it, get their timing in sync with him, etc...

So far, JP has been given everything he needs to be successfull as early as possible. He just returned the favor and showed the Bills he has the right attitude by getting to work.

So far so great (I think better than good)

Theres lots more to come as far as key moments in this thing. For one, the Bills need to further bolster their o-line. A young rattled QB= mistakes. The better the Bills o-line the more time he will have to think and the better he will play. As his confidence and experience grows, the need for a great line will diminish. Not to say we should start to ignore it, only that it can be a HUGE difference maker in speeding along JP's learning curve and in the Bills having success early.

So, this offseason is pretty damn important. We need to lock up a few very good o-line folks. LT, whether Jennings or an upgrade is the most critical. We must protect JP's blindside to build his confidence and help his decision making by giving him time. We absolutely need to get a good/great LG.

The next important thing to watch is training camp and pre-season. He needs to translate what he learns from the tapes to what he does on the field.

Anyways, this was a very important first step both from the Bills showing they support him, and from JP showing hes taking this job very seriously.

Great news.

Drew bledsoe instilled leadership which is something Rob Johnson had no clue about.

RELEASING DREW BLEDSOE IS A HUGE MISTAKE.

237506[/snapback]

Seeing as how I can't recall you making a logical post regarding the sport of football, I'm not surprised to see you say this.

Good lord...have you not watched the last two seasons?

You mean like David Carr (HOU) and Aaron Brooks (NO)?

Gotta be careful when you say things like "nobody" or "everybody."

CW

237875[/snapback]

Aaron Brooks is paid 3.25 in 2004 and 5.5 in 2005. Not sure if he has any bonus money on top of that.

David Carr was paid 600K in 2004 and 5.5 mill in 2005. he has amortized bonus of 1.8 per year. So he would have made 2.4 in 2004 and 7.3 in 2005.

You want to say that NO is stupid for paying Brooks that much and getting that little, you probably should.

Most people wouldnt consider Carr anyhting less than a very good young QB and being so youngt with so much upside, they definetely could justify paying him the coin.

Interesting part is, Drew makes more, in 2004 at least, and has a lower passers rating than BOTH.

What a bunch of PR crap. I wonder who was driving the other players vehicles

a couple of weeks ago I saw headed into OBD!

237455[/snapback]

Though our season ended 1/2, the official NFL off-season didn't start until the Super Bowl was over. :rolleyes:

The other spin is that he's the first Bill that doesn't winter in Buffalo to show up....

Though our season ended 1/2, the official NFL off-season didn't start until the Super Bowl was over.  :rolleyes:

The other spin is that he's the first Bill that doesn't winter in Buffalo to show up....

237898[/snapback]

The off-season doesn't start until after the Pro Bowl IMHO.

And why the hell doesn't JPL live in Buffalo? What a freak'n loser! If he cared about the Bills, he'd buy a house here!!!! (isn't that what everyone said about RJ, because he only rented an apartment?)

CW