Goodwin Status??

The hit that he took, which happened right in front of me should not have resulted in an injury. He got injured because he is too fragile to play in the NFL. And instead of him being smart the paper mache reciever goes side to side instead of cutting it up field and maybe getting down when hes closed in on. Im done with Goodwin---hes a good kid but hes not good for the Bills. We all want a super bowl and he does not deserve a roster spot. My guess says he is done with the Bills in about ten days.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this.

With all due respect to The Dean, Peter, enlightener and flomoe........you guys are arguing a civil case against a mountain of circumstantial evidence.

I gotta add this......even though Steve Tasker has a tendency to butcher the language.....if you listen to him he will regularly let organizational opinions slip.

It's not a secret that Flash hasn't been all in.

If Rex doesn't have an issue with him missing a bit of time to compete in the PanAm games, then neither do I. If he actually misses part of a season to go to the Olympics, that's another story. But that's a maybe, and in the future.

But this has nothing to do with him being injured. He gets injured mostly because of his slight stature. Might he bet a bit more muscular if he didn't compete in track? Maybe slightly, but nothing to really change the dynamics. I don't see him shying away from contact on the field to protect his track career. I really see this as a non-issue if his coaches and teammates are on board. Guys who don't seem committed to the team are typically ostracized by the team--and I haven't seen that in Marquise's case.

And Tasker butchers more than just the language. Anyone would be a fool to give him any inside info they are trying to keep secret.

And for the record, I think Goodwin is a bubble guy who just might be done with the team, and I'm fine with that. But I don't think his track interests play into it too much.

Edited by The Dean

If Rex doesn't have an issue with him missing a bit of time to compete in the PanAm games, then neither do I. If he actually misses part of a season to go to the Olympics, that's another story. But that's a maybe, and in the future.

But this has nothing to do with him being injured. He gets injured mostly because of his slight stature. Might he bet a bit more muscular if he didn't compete in track? Maybe slightly, but nothing to really change the dynamics. I don't see him shying away from contact on the field to protect his track career. I really see this as a non-issue if his coaches and teammates are on board. Guys who don't seem committed to the team are typically ostracized by the team--and I haven't seen that in Marquise's case.

And Tasker butchers more than just the language. Anyone would be a fool to give him any inside info they are trying to keep secret.

Players have been bulking up to increase durability forever. Claiming it doesn't help? Pffft, Ok whatever. :doh:

Tell that to the Antonio Browns and Steve Smiths who have become GREAT receivers after starting out with very similar skillets and frames.

I hear the Roscoe comparisons but Goodwin is a much stouter framed player than Roscoe. Not the same.

Players have been bulking up to increase durability forever. Claiming it doesn't help? Pffft, Ok whatever. :doh:

Tell that to the Antonio Browns and Steve Smiths who have become GREAT receivers after starting out with very similar skillets and frames.

I hear the Roscoe comparisons but Goodwin is a much stouter framed player than Roscoe. Not the same.

What's Harvin's excuse? I'm not saying bulking up can't help a bit, I'm just saying with his frame and the way he plays, injury is always a going to be an issue.

The hit that he took, which happened right in front of me should not have resulted in an injury. He got injured because he is too fragile to play in the NFL. And instead of him being smart the paper mache reciever goes side to side instead of cutting it up field and maybe getting down when hes closed in on. Im done with Goodwin---hes a good kid but hes not good for the Bills. We all want a super bowl and he does not deserve a roster spot. My guess says he is done with the Bills in about ten days.

Thank you doctor.

I understand but every time he gets hit he gets hurt. I'm not even being dramatic. It's literally every time he gets hit. I wouldn't keep him on the team just for that reason. When I found out that he does absolutely ZERO football related training in the offseason that just got me more fired up. The only thing he does to stay in shape is train for the long jump. Is he a football player or long jumper? If he's a long jumper then let him long jump. But if he wants to play football then he has to train for football. Gain another 10-20 pounds of muscle and he will be a lot more durable

that was like a 350lb dude that basically body-slammed into him. anyone would get hurt there.

I never ever said I hate Fred you and your Cling-ons have a super man crush on him. Action figure ?

Yes, its true.

I wish i had a Fred action Jackson figure. I cannot lie.

And its possible i have super man crush on him.

I like Goodwin too.

Maybe i root for the underdogs. Like the Buffalo Bills perhaps?

Thank you doctor.

Actually, I am in the medical field. Your welcome and as they say ignorance is bliss.

Thank you doctor.

More muscle mass mass equates to greater bone density. And your welcome I am in the medical field. As they say ignorance is bliss looks like you fit the criteria. Edited by billsfan_34

I agree with most of this. It did look like something of a cheap shot to me but the game of football generates lots of big nasty impacts, some of them legal, some borderline and some cheap. You've got to have durability to play this game. MG has none, or in any event not nearly enough. He's really not a good candidate for a roster spot in this position group on this team IMO. I wish him well in his career in track. He's a world class athlete and a good guy. Not a football player.

Actually, I am in the medical field. Your welcome and as they say ignorance is bliss.

More muscle mass mass equates to greater bone density. And your welcome I am in the medical field. As they say ignorance is bliss looks like you fit the criteria.

You may be in the medical field, but just because I drive a car doesn't make me a race car driver. If you were a doctor, your training would teach you a little about physics. Once again, the way the very large Steeler landed on the prone receiver would allow you to realize that bone density wouldn't have mattered if you had any medical training.

You're quite blissful.[/quote

So lets see...early on I said FJ would be cut, Tyrod would be the starting QB , and I plan on goin 3 for 3. Say what you want it doesnt matter to me when Goodwin is gone and Thompson sticks you can bow down to me.

You may be in the medical field, but just because I drive a car doesn't make me a race car driver. If you were a doctor, your training would teach you a little about physics. Once again, the way the very large Steeler landed on the prone receiver would allow you to realize that bone density wouldn't have mattered if you had any medical training.

Bone density totally matters wow I cannot believe you even said that. I dont think Woods would of been hurt on that play. Anyways it doesnt really matter the kids gone because he cant stay healthy. Goodwin doesnt lift in the offseason. Here is a nice article for you to read. Go Bills. http://athleticlab.com/strength-training-to-prevent-injury-by-morgan-pillsbury/
Edited by billsfan_34