Behind the scenes video of Tyrod Taylor's draft year

YoloinOhio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With or without watching this, The City of Buffalo is going to fall in love with Tyrod Taylor. It is an excellent watch.

I agree. It kind of sucks because I like both EJ and Tyrod and want to see them both succeed. But one will have to go elsewhere at some point probably. However, both guys are the type that wouldn't let their desire to be a starter affect how they are as teammates.

Tyrod Taylor complete appearance on ESPNs Three For the Show

https://vimeo.com/23294122

I have not watched yet but it is going on Twitter as "must watch" for Bills fans

Think I saw this back when it aired but cool to watch in retrospect. Thanks.

I saw a lot of Tyrod in college and this play in the Orange bowl vs Roman's Stanford squad always sticks out to me

http://youtu.be/2xObTy9YaBE

Edited by FluffHead

Wow he got screwed on his Pro Day. That's the NCAA for you.

It looks like a perfect storm of events that kept Tyrod from even being on the path he is on.....might be very good for us

It's about time things lined up for us in the QB department.

With or without watching this, The City of Buffalo is going to fall in love with Tyrod Taylor. It is an excellent watch.

I watched it when it was on initially and loved what I saw from the kid. I was disappointed when we didn't take him. I'm an EJ guy, but I have liked Tyrod since seeing that. TT seems to be our best chance of beating out Cassel, so I'm behind him.

Did anyone else cringe a little bit when they saw TT taking throwing mechanic suggestions from Michael Vick

lol

Lol. Vick had a good season in 2010.

Did you guys hear the QB coach say he was floating balls in the combine to be more accurate? Who does that sound like?

Did anyone else cringe a little bit when they saw TT taking throwing mechanic suggestions from Michael Vick

lol

I was actually surprised how smart Vick is. Makes what he did even worse.

I found Vick complimenting the strength of Tyrod's arm interesting, as I thought Vick was well known to have a very strong arm. Some people have been disputing whether Tyrod has a big arm or not. Former teammates and coaches have said he does, but people watching this offseason seemed to think Manuel's is stronger. In the video, Tyrod throws softer than normal at the combine, trying to focus on completions and not throwing as naturally. Maybe it's a matter of him 'just letting it rip' as Manuel has said he has focused on doing. I'm pretty sure Tyrod's arm is in the 'strong' category.

Lol. Vick had a good season in 2010.

Did you guys hear the QB coach say he was floating balls in the combine to be more accurate? Who does that sound like?

Later, Vick was telling him he doesn't have to throw hard all the time and a lot of the throws in the NFL are finesse ones. Interesting.

Watching him get passed over time and time again on draft day reminded me a ton of Thurman Thomas.

That worked out fairly well for the Bills. Maybe Tyrod can too!

lol

I found it interesting when Vick said quarterbacking in the NFL is 90% mental and 10% physical...

And yet so much of the combine is seemingly physically focused.

It was also interesting that the QB coach, Roger Theder, said that although TT is a similar sort of QB to Michael Vick, he is "10 times ahead of that guy" in terms of his overall skill set.

Watching him get passed over time and time again on draft day reminded me a ton of Thurman Thomas.

That worked out fairly well for the Bills. Maybe Tyrod can too!

I found it interesting when Vick said quarterbacking in the NFL is 90% mental and 10% physical...

And yet so much of the combine is seemingly physically focused.

It was also interesting that the QB coach, Roger Theder, said that although TT is a similar sort of QB to Michael Vick, he is "10 times ahead of that guy" in terms of his overall skill set.

He did break most or all of Vick's VT records!

What I love most about Tyrod is he seems like a winner. I want someone who will just get it done. Get the W. And he definitely has a chip on his shoulder because of being passed over so many times even though on paper he was as good a prospect as anyone in his draft class. Even though I don't like Brady, TT reminds me of him.

lol

Nope, he actually looks like IF HE LIKES PLAYER he would be a good veteran influence or even a coach. But I have heard that he is not that way with all young QBs.

After watching this I'd really like to see Taylor get a shot to prove what he can do. We know what Cassel can do and, to a good extent EJ. Taylor reminds me of Flutie in that he just hasn't had the chance in the NFL yet. He seems to have a lot of the skills Russel Wilson has. He hasn't done anything yet to not deserve a shot as a starter.

Tyrod Taylor has that "it" factor. It also would be incredible if the Bills found their QB this way.

Saints: Sign Drew Brees and take the chance on his arm working.

Patriots: Draft Brady in the 6th round.

Seahawks: Draft Wilson in the 3rd round.

Bills: Find a QB that was drafted in the 6th round but went to free agency because his team has a very good player already that won a Superbowl at QB.

lol

You don't (or didn't back then) need mechanics when you're Michael Vick. You have superhuman ability to flick your wrist and throw a football 60 yards on a rope. If that doesn't work, you're the best athlete on the field, and you can just run it into the endzone instead.