Did anyone else hear Gabe Northern on JMS last night?

YoloinOhio

I met Gabe 2 years ago at my house. He picked me up and put me in the rack position. I was helpless on his shoulders as he carried me around! Talked with him a couple of times since. Great guy. I'll try and get him to stop over for the Opener Tailgate party.

He is a good guy. I can remember he used to post on this site from time to time. He also hated Tom Modrak with a passion, and once Modrak was fired I haven't read anything from him.

coach sal is the greatest and the millenial generation's van miller. you're just jealous of his silky smooth voice, vast football knowledge (few others bring his player/coach expertise) and impeccably-coiffed goatee.

:lol: Indeed. I don't know what cam over me.

And the "haters" say Marrone had nothing to do with EJs play?? I wonder if the guys at WGR will expound on this revelation?? Didn't hear Matthew even mention this on his show this afternoon. Must be too much Team Tyrod in his veins.

+1

I'll never forget that Phili game. What was it, two blocked field goals? Or a blocked field goal and an INT? One of them, either way, was returned for a TD.

That game is always the first thing that comes to mind when I hear Gabe's name.

I listened to this entire piece last night on the WGR app. A lot if interesting info. His last game with the Bills was the Music City Disaster. He said the locker room was dead quiet, demoralized, when Wade announced Rob Johnson was getting the start over Flutie. Though he acknowledged Johnson left the field with the lead, he said Flutie should have started that game, that he earned it and all the players knew it. He went on to compare the two QBs of then to the QBs of now. A traditional pass from USC and a mobile guy who makes magical things happen. He inferred Taylor should be the starter but that the team really should hold onto EJ. He spoke about a friend with the current team who he didn't name who told him way back in OTAs that Taylor as "it" and EJ still needs to develop but can be very good. Northern said the great positional coaches and Rex deserve a lot of credit for the development we're seeing in EJ, Taylor and the WRs.

He inferred Taylor should be the starter but that the team really should hold onto EJ. He spoke about a friend with the current team who he didn't name who told him way back in OTAs that Taylor as "it" and EJ still needs to develop but can be very good. Northern said the great positional coaches and Rex deserve a lot of credit for the development we're seeing in EJ, Taylor and the WRs.

This storyline is becoming more and more evident, yet people think that EJ is not getting a fair shake. He's not considered for the starting job because he's simply not ready yet.