If EJ gets released what will your reaction be?

negativo

66 members have voted

1. 1. If EJ gets released what will your reaction be?

• Bah. I knew the day Whaley and Nix drafted EJ it was a huge mistake.
    • I really thought EJ would be great, but clearly he didn't have it.
    • It's unfortunate he didn't make it, but I trust the coaches judgment.
    • PISSED! EJ got screwed by the Bills. This one will really stick with me.

I voted for huge mistake because it's closest to how I feel. Never liked him as a prospect but I don't blame the kid for it. If he was ever going to succeed, the process needed to be much better.

Rookie QB, eh? I know, I'll get him:

A rookie OC.

Oh, by the way, can you be his QB coach too?

An offensive line more akin to a sieve.

A placeholder veteran QB who might end up on IR because of a stiff breeze.

I don't see any of the QBs getting released because I don't think that it makes much sense. I would rather all 3 QBs that have a chance to start on the roster than a 5th safety for example.

To answer the question though if one of them does get released I will have confidence that the football people made the right decision.

I think EJ getting released would be as much about team chemistry as resources. He would likely be disgruntled as the 3rd string QB never getting practice snaps. If the coaches believe Simms on the Practice Squad gives the team all it needs as a 3rd QB, and adding a position player who can contribute on special teams is more benefit, it would make sense to let EJ go.

Also, it would be the right thing to do for EJ. Wallowing as a 3rd QB means never dressing for games and being in career abyss. It would be better for him to get a clean start elsewhere and have a shot as a backup one injury away from starting. He's been a gentleman here, and deserves that much.

From what I've seen and read, all 3 QBs have been about equal this off-season.

So I want to keep EJ because he still may have some upside. Cassel doesn't.

But obviously the coaches have far, far more data points than me or anyone else. If they cut him, I gotta trust their judgment.