Another breakdown on TT (Sports on Earth)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That got me even more excited for Thursday, thanks for posting! (It is in the TT isn't a one read QB thread too, btw)

oops I didn't go in that thread, mods can merge if needed)

Cian has been waiting months to write this. He's not shy in admitting that he's a huge Tyrod homer.

ah I didn't realize that

Great little article.

I've been skeptical about TT, because I worry if the league has caught up to this style of QB play, but I'm beginning to trust Roman and TT to pick their spots to run intelligently. I still worry if TT's body can stand up to the extra hits and mileage, but we will see.

I love it that TT seems to have made that jump up in terms of field vision, ability to read the coverages and make good decisions very fast. I hope he keeps it up this Thursday. We might have our man.

Edited by Cugalabanza

That got me even more excited for Thursday, thanks for posting! (It is in the TT isn't a one read QB thread too, btw)

We shall see game two. I think he is a one trick, run first pony. He is too small (here comes the Russell Wilson argument), and doesn't have good touch on his long ball. I do think that he is a better option than Cassel, if they don't start EJ.

Horrible piece with such egregious bias its no wonder I've never heard of this guy. The armchair analyst era thanks to the Internet is laughable. This guy has a site with an "interceptable" pass story that is one of the worst stats articles I've read. You can't create a descriptive stat that is at once subjective and done via video. One persons interceptable pass is anothers WR mistake. Garbage.

Horrible piece with such egregious bias its no wonder I've never heard of this guy. The armchair analyst era thanks to the Internet is laughable. This guy has a site with an "interceptable" pass story that is one of the worst stats articles I've read. You can't create a descriptive stat that is at once subjective and done via video. One persons interceptable pass is anothers WR mistake. Garbage.

If the entire body of work is done by one person with the same bias, at least his bias is consistent.

If you feel so strongly about it, you could always chart every throw by every QB for yourself. :rolleyes:

We shall see game two. I think he is a one trick, run first pony. He is too small (here comes the Russell Wilson argument), and doesn't have good touch on his long ball. I do think that he is a better option than Cassel, if they don't start EJ.

We most certainly shall. When we first signed him I was just glad he was getting a chance, and now it's really on him to prove his worth. Having seen him live as much as I have I believed he'd seize the opportunity earlier than most, but you are absolutely correct in saying he still has more to prove! Here's hoping he does! :beer:

You've never heard of him because you apparently don't read content from sites like Football Outsiders, where he's had a regular column for at least 4 years.

Cian has been waiting months to write this. He's not shy in admitting that he's a huge Tyrod homer.

This line didn't make him sound like a Tyrod homer:

In Buffalo, Taylor isn't likely to make anticipatory throws and break down coverages at the speed required during regular season games to be a consistently effective quarterback.

This line didn't make him sound like a Tyrod homer:

In Buffalo, Taylor isn't likely to make anticipatory throws and break down coverages at the speed required during regular season games to be a consistently effective quarterback.

If he can't then he'll ultimately be a waste of time. But he'll be exciting.

The key Taylor # is 6 ft 1 in.

One should not get totally focused on height because that is not a simple analogy for who wins (even those who hat Doug Flutie must acknowledge this).

However, when one read's Cian's article comparing him favorably to Cassel, EJ. and even Kaepernick, it should be noted that it is more than mere coincidence that all three of these players are listed as 6. 4"". Far more important than the simple height advantage of a taller player trying to pass the ball, I am actually far more concerned with the corresponding size, muscularity, and ability to get-up after taking repeated hits from NFL LBs that worries about building our O around in essence a running QB.

I too am impressed withTaylor showing not only great running ability and elusiveness, but he does this while keeping his eyes looking downfield and among his throws are successful passes while on the run.

However, I still need to see him get smacked and get up a few times before I turn the reins over to him.

He's a nice thought but may be a season of serious use with him in a change-up Wildcat before he is reasonably dedicated a #1 QB depth chart spot.

The key Taylor # is 6 ft 1 in.

One should not get totally focused on height because that is not a simple analogy for who wins (even those who hat Doug Flutie must acknowledge this).

However, when one read's Cian's article comparing him favorably to Cassel, EJ. and even Kaepernick, it should be noted that it is more than mere coincidence that all three of these players are listed as 6. 4"". Far more important than the simple height advantage of a taller player trying to pass the ball, I am actually far more concerned with the corresponding size, muscularity, and ability to get-up after taking repeated hits from NFL LBs that worries about building our O around in essence a running QB.

I too am impressed withTaylor showing not only great running ability and elusiveness, but he does this while keeping his eyes looking downfield and among his throws are successful passes while on the run.

However, I still need to see him get smacked and get up a few times before I turn the reins over to him.

He's a nice thought but may be a season of serious use with him in a change-up Wildcat before he is reasonably dedicated a #1 QB depth chart spot.

For a running QB, making himself small when taking a hit, or better yet, avoiding a hit by sliding or getting out of bounds, is the best way to play.