What's that you say??

Great seeing the Bills in game action again last night and mostly encouraging signs, I think.

But this was the worst quality broadcast I have ever seen in a Bills game--ever, even the preseason.

First and foremost, the sound was horrendous. You could not hear a great deal of what the announcers said as they were drowned out by the crowd and other noises. They were often just a sound like all the other game sounds and you had to sift through it to somehow get the gist. (I tried all combos of sound options available on my tv, but to no avail.) I was sure that this would be noticed by the producer and immediately corrected. Instead, it was corrected in the middle of the 4th quarter!, after we had missed a lot of what Jim Kelly said that quarter.

And almost equally poor was the lack of replays. Big plays, bad plays, penalties...we expect to see these again throughout the game, have come to rely on these as viewers. But they completely dropped the ball time and time again. What happened on that play? I found myself saying so often, but very seldom a replay. (In the process of getting an upgrade on cable equipment that may have made this aspect of the broadcast less of a problem, but not there yet.)

So, they dropped the ball, big time, on two essential elements of an NFL broadcast. How can this be? I wonder if they realize it now and if it will it be corrected by the next game.

So, did anyone else feel the same way? We wait all year to see the Bills in game action again, so disappointing that these things happened--and more important, that they continued throughout the game. Inexplicable that these errors were not discovered and then fixed during the game. This is the NFL, not a high school broadcast.

Funny thing is - the Carolina version of the broadcast made the Buffalo one look like classic MNF or Summeral/Madden. They were helpless.

http://t.co/IHSiFq1Hz4

Wow, hard to imagine another NFL production being as bad as the Bills last night, with the basics just ignored. It was as if no one on the production team was watching what the viewers were.

It seems like broadcasting 101--to watch it as the viewers do to make sure everything is working well.

I want to know if the Bills are responsible or a tv station for preseason broadcasts. Who produces these preseason games?

Most preseason games are like this....only locally produced and this is what you get. Tasker and the other guy with him were awful. Amazing Tasker lasted on CBS as long as he did.

Edited by nucci

Most preseason games are like this....only locally produced and this is what you get. Tasker and the other guy with him were awful. Amazing Tasker lasted on CBS as long as he did.

Nope.

I have never seen a Bills pre season broadcast where the sound was like this or where they dropped the ball on replay like this. I have been watching these games for about 30 years. Not an excuse that it is locally produced, as Buffalo is not a small rural town, but a big city. And the Bills are over a billion dollar business.

The guy doing pbp must be somebody's nephew or godson. I've heard better quality broadcasting from college kids. Barely knew the roster and was only slightly aware of camp news (ie "Dan Carpenter is getting the night off"). Not to mention him screaming "INTERCEPTED!" when the Panthers were on offense and a Panthers player clearly made a catch on a back-shoulder throw. Also, you shouldn't bleat like a love-struck girl on a one-yard screen pass completion in the first quarter of the first preseason game. Or ever.

I want to know if the Bills are responsible or a tv station for preseason broadcasts. Who produces these preseason games?

I'm pretty sure it's the local TV stations - which is why they are so bad

The guy doing pbp must be somebody's nephew or godson. I've heard better quality broadcasting from college kids. Barely knew the roster and was only slightly aware of camp news (ie "Dan Carpenter is getting the night off"). Not to mention him screaming "INTERCEPTED!" when the Panthers were on offense and a Panthers player clearly made a catch on a back-shoulder throw. Also, you shouldn't bleat like a love-struck girl on a one-yard screen pass completion in the first quarter of the first preseason game. Or ever.

Yeah - Mike Stone - he was terrible - and somehow he's the upgrade from Ray Bentley