Can we get anything from Bledsoe?

Frez

Can we gain a pick or player by dealing Bledsoe to another team?

What do you think? :ph34r:

236351[/snapback]

Nope. Why would anyone give up anything for Bledsoe? Everyone in the league knows he is going to get cut. They can just wait and sign him for a much more cap friendly deal.

They probably won't get much for him if they do choose to trade him. He's 33 years old, coming off a poor season and is on the verge of being released. Still, he might be worth a day 2 pick to a rebuilding team that needs a stopgap at QB for a couple of years and that does not want to get into a bidding war in FA. The Bills might also opt to trade him for a 6th or 7th round conditional pick in 2006 that could elevate to a 2nd or 3rd based on his play.

Even though its a weak QB class, i don't see teams jumping for Drew like they would Travis.

236428[/snapback]

Yeah, GMs are known for "jumping" all over the place at an opportunity to trade for a fumbling, bumbling fool who is historically bad at every phase of football except running, which he could not even do in 04.

Corey Dillon only brought the bengals a 2nd round pick.

Do you think that we can trade Travis to the Raiders for Robert Gallery, or should we hold out for more?

Yeah, GMs are known for "jumping" all over the place at an opportunity to trade for a fumbling, bumbling fool who is historically bad at every phase of football except running, which he could not even do in 04.

Corey Dillon only brought the bengals a 2nd round pick.

Do you think that we can trade Travis to the Raiders for Robert Gallery, or should we hold out for more?

236473[/snapback]

The converse is Rob Johnson was worth the 9th pick overall in a strong draft

The converse is Rob Johnson was worth the 9th pick overall in a strong draft

236476[/snapback]

That is my point Pete. QBs who have talent are harder to find than dime a dozen fumbling, loser (check his record) running backs who are headcases to boot.

OK, RJ sucked, but dont you see where I am going with this? Look what the rams gave up for Faulk, and what the phish gave up for Freeley.

See what I mean?

That is my point Pete. QBs who have talent are harder to find than dime a dozen fumbling, loser (check his record) running backs who are headcases to boot.

OK, RJ sucked, but dont you see where I am going with this? Look what the rams gave up for Faulk, and what the phish gave up for Freeley.

See what I mean?

236486[/snapback]

Running backs are pretty disposable in this age. They take so many hits- most dont make it 5 years. The Broncos were quick to trade Portis because they knew they could put anyone back there and they would be productive. There is a good chance the Seahawks let Shawn Alexander go. I agree- QBs have more trade value then RBs

236486[/snapback]

I don't see anyone giving us anything for a dime a dozen fumbling, loser (check his record) QB like Bledsoe... especially not after the league saw how the Pats fleeced us in 2002.

OTOH, we will get something of value for TH. :ph34r:

I don't see anyone giving us anything for a dime a dozen fumbling, loser (check his record) QB like Bledsoe... especially not after the league saw how the Pats fleeced us in 2002.

OTOH, we will get something of value for TH. :ph34r:

236489[/snapback]

I wish it were possible to have a sensible conversation with you on this issue, I really do.

Running backs are pretty disposable in this age.  They take so many hits- most dont make it 5 years.  The Broncos were quick to trade Portis because they knew they could put anyone back there and they would be productive.  There is a good chance the Seahawks let Shawn Alexander go.  I agree- QBs have more trade value then RBs

236488[/snapback]

Thank you Pete. If I may, allow me to give one more example.....

Few could argue that 04 was anything less than a total disaster for JP. Never mind that, some will say he resembled Montana in his prime. :ph34r::lol:

That said, I am almost sure that the Bills could trade him (although this is admittedly said to be a weaker draft) for a top 15 pick.

Truthfully, I wish they would. Bad vibes, Bro. :D