Dumbest quote in sports

PromoTheRobot

"When Drew Bledsoe is on his game, he is one of the 10 best QB's in the NFL."

That's like saying "If Rosanne Barr looked like Heidi Klum, she'd be a supermodel."

PTR

236301[/snapback]

LOL. That hillarious.

Right, if the Titanic never hit an iceberg it would still be afloat.

"When Drew Bledsoe is on his game, he is one of the 10 best QB's in the NFL."

That's like saying "If Rosanne Barr looked like Heidi Klum, she'd be a supermodel."

PTR

236301[/snapback]

back on a fun topic, who is the dumbest sportscaster to you?

I listened to Chris Collinsworth and was floored at the blatantly obvious observations.

Do they pay people to runa round saying the sky is blue?

I don't know who the dumbest is, but it certainly can't be Joe Theissmann.  He's a genius like Norman Einstein! :lol:  :D  :ph34r:

236339[/snapback]

No frikkin kidding. I really cant say I like to many of them. Steve, Gumble, Al Michaels are OK.

Dingledorf is the worst of all.

dumb, yes...Dumbest quote...no.  I believe that belongs to spreewell talking about not being able to feed his family.

236350[/snapback]

hmmm, I would have to cast my vote for the "amphibious" quote. I think it was Chucky Brown from NCState?

back on a fun topic, who is the dumbest sportscaster to you?

I listened to Chris Collinsworth and was floored at the blatantly obvious observations.

Do they pay people to runa round saying the sky is blue?

236315[/snapback]

One of my roommates played a game during the Super Bowl where we drank everytime Collinsworth said something stupid.

It was a rough Monday morning

Ok, I'm throwing in my two cents:

Virginia safety Marquis Weeks regarding his success returning kickoffs: “It’s instinctive ... sort of like running from the cops.”

236527[/snapback]

:doh: To each their own :P

I can just hear the coach now, "OK Marquis, just imagine the cops are right on your ass now, if they catch you you're fu*ked, if you get away you get that $3 million signing bonus.

That being said, if Bledsoe is on his game he is one of the top ten QBs in the league. The problem is that he has rarely been on top of his game in the last two and a half years, and never against a superior team.

At this point I want to see what JP can do as a starter. I think that he will have growing pains as a starter but I really don't see that being a setback compared to the Bills with Bledsoe at the helm this year. When we had the nice run this year it wasn't because Bledsoe carried the team it was because he didn't lose it for our team.

My biggest concern is if JP will be like McNabb in his first few years, and run instead of staying in the pocket when under pressure. I don't think that Bledsoe added much to the success of our run at the end of the season. In fact I think that Bledsoe can be compared to Lindell, in that he wasn't asked to do something by the coaching staff that was beyond his capabilities this year.

Trumpy - "The idea of the NFL is to win games".........oh.....I despise the man, makes every game seem life & death and heroic...

236607[/snapback]

Trumpy shows up occasionally on radio sports shows here in Cincy. In addition to being incredibly two-faced, he's petty, arrogant, and dismissive.

A thread about dumbest sports quotes and not one mention of mike tyson? anyway I present the Best of Iron Mike

"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children. "

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."

"I am many things. I am an animal. I am a convicted rapist, a hell-raiser, a loving father, a semi-good husband. You don't really know me."

"I have some pain I'm gonna have for the rest of my life. So every now and then I kick your !@#$ing ass"

"I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain."

Theres a lot more but I thought I'd just keep it to a few for now now I'll just fade into Bolivian :doh: