lenny p-losman back in buff; will start in 05

dave mcbride

I was thinking more along the lines of 4-12 or 5-11.

236358[/snapback]

Ditto. And that's fine. What I fear most are all the people who have been begging for Losman to start next year to suddenly face a 1-5 start and start then begging for Shane Matthews to take over because they just can't take losing anymore.

"Get the rook in their! He needs experience! Oh, wait! We're losing? !@#$ that! Get someone in there so we can win!"

Yeah, right...whatever, people.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they need a backup.  If this is true, and I take anything Lenny has to say with a huge grain of salt, then we have Losman and that is it on this roster.  We are in serious doo-doo at Qb.  We have basically a rookie, who was broke his leg when he stumbled on the sideline.  In his 5 pass plays this year, he had 2 completion, one to the other team.

Come on VA, both Losman AND Shane Matthews could have QB's the Bills to the SB last year. Drew Bledsoe was the reason ALONE they missed the playoffs. Haven't you been paying attention?:ph34r:

How did I know you would be the first one to respond to this thread. :D

236196[/snapback]

:ph34r::lol::D

I feel a song coming on, this one's for JP!

I had a dream, a dream about you, baby.

It's gonna come true, baby.

They think that we're through, but baby,

You'll be swell! You'll be great!

Gonna have the whole world on the plate!

Starting here, starting now,

honey, everything's coming up roses!

Clear the decks! Clear the tracks!

You've got nothing to do but relax.

Blow a kiss. Take a bow.

Honey, everything's coming up roses!

Now's your inning. Stand the world on it's ear!

Set it spinning! That'll be just the beginning!

Curtain up! Light the lights!

You got nothing to hit but the heights!

You'll be swell. You'll be great.

I can tell. Just you wait.

That lucky star I talk about is due!

Honey, everything's coming up roses for me and for you!

You can do it, all you need is a hand.

We can do it, Mama is gonna see to it!

Curtain up! Light the lights!

We got nothing to hit but the heights!

I can tell, wait and see.

There's the bell! Follow me!

And nothing's gonna stop us 'til we're through!

Honey, everything's coming up roses and daffodils!

Everything's coming up sunshine and Santa Claus!

Everything's gonna be bright lights and lollipops!

Everything's coming up roses for me and for you!

Ditto. And that's fine. What I fear most are all the people who have been begging for Losman to start next year to suddenly face a 1-5 start and start then begging for Shane Matthews to take over because they just can't take losing anymore.

"Get the rook in their! He needs experience! Oh, wait! We're losing? !@#$ that! Get someone in there so we can win!"

Yeah, right...whatever, people.

Naw, with JP it will be "well we're rebuilding now. But he's still better than Bledsoe!" Hopefully JP steps up to the plate BIG TIME if the Bills cut Drew.

Come on VA, both Losman AND Shane Matthews could have QB's the Bills to the SB last year.  Drew Bledsoe was the reason ALONE they missed the playoffs.  Haven't you been paying attention?:ph34r:

236371[/snapback]

Problem is even if that were true, Matthews is no longer on this team.

The point being, even a rookie and a journeyman QB could have been better then Bledsoe, according to some.  And the Bills could sign Matthews back again (unless he signed with someone else, or retired).

236379[/snapback]

Indications are he is retiring. He doesn't want to play anymore. Plus the ability to throw a screen with his noodle arm is nearly impossible.

The point being, even a rookie and a journeyman QB could have run this offense and would have been better then Bledsoe, according to some.  And the Bills could sign Matthews back again (unless he signed with someone else, or retired).

236379[/snapback]

Drew had one last test. The Pittsburgh game. He flunked it badly; embarressed Ralph, TD, and MM. So it's ADM to Drew!

Naw, with JP it will be "well we're rebuilding now.  But he's still better than Bledsoe!"  Hopefully JP steps up to the plate BIG TIME if the Bills cut Drew.

236375[/snapback]

Are you kidding? They'll be crapping their pants the first time Losman has a bad game. If there's anything I've learned in the post-Kelly era, its that Bills fans have absolutely zero patience for the QB position. None whatsoever.

Yet despite all that he still looked good every time he came onto the field for us this past year.....

236429[/snapback]

If memory served, he came in once all year, against the Browns I think. He threw a td pass, against maybe the worst team we played all year....Matthews is awful!

Are you kidding?  They'll be crapping their pants the first time Losman has a bad game.  If there's anything I've learned in the post-Kelly era,  its that Bills fans have absolutely zero patience for the QB position.  None whatsoever. 

236413[/snapback]

It's the same in 31 other cities. When Cincy's Palmer was 1 and 5 (a 3 point home win over Miami in week 2), he wasn't exactly getting showered with flowers... :ph34r:

If memory served, he came in once all year, against the Browns I think.  He threw a td pass, against maybe the worst team we played all year....Matthews is awful!

236432[/snapback]

Who cares...he did in fact come on the field and produce.....

To here people talk about him he had one foot in the grave when he was playing for us......

No they need a backup.  If this is true, and I take anything Lenny has to say with a huge grain of salt, then we have Losman and that is it on this roster.  We are in serious doo-doo at Qb.  We have basically a rookie, who was broke his leg when he stumbled on the sideline.  In his 5 pass plays this year, he had 2 completion, one to the other team.

236365[/snapback]

VA, smarten up, OK!

JP is tough, durable, great, and bound for Canton (especially if none of our opponents brush up against him, nor give him a mean look).