LeSean McCoy from a fantasy perspective

I would conservatively say he's top ten in production at his position if he stays healthy. With an ADP of 16, he would be a steal late in the first round or early in the second round of standard drafts. Given Rex's propensity to run the ball, McCoy could legitimately finish in the top-3 in total production at his position. That would be pretty crazy value.

I doubt any Bills will be fantasy studs because there is going to be too much distribution of the balls. I also think we are going to be passing more than people think, regardless of the QB situation. The real key to whether McCoy gets a lot of yards is going to be our third down percentage. If we can move the chains, then his carries are going to go way up. That's where Clay and Woods are going to help the most.

I doubt any Bills will be fantasy studs because there is going to be too much distribution of the balls. I also think we are going to be passing more than people think, regardless of the QB situation. The real key to whether McCoy gets a lot of yards is going to be our third down percentage. If we can move the chains, then his carries are going to go way up. That's where Clay and Woods are going to help the most.

I don't think the facts back your opinion. From a rushing attempts perspective, Rex's years with the Jets ranked 4, 5, 6, 16, 2, 1. That's just one year at average and the rest in the very upper echelon of NFL teams. A definitive focus on the running game. Conversely, the pass attempts ranked 27, 29, 25, 17, 18, 32. In terms of distribution, it's argumentative as to whether McCoy will be the 300 touches workhorse or whether others will vulture carries and catches. Rex's history points to a consistent focus on the running game.

I don't think the facts back your opinion. From a rushing attempts perspective, Rex's years with the Jets ranked 4, 5, 6, 16, 2, 1. That's just one year at average and the rest in the very upper echelon of NFL teams. A definitive focus on the running game. Conversely, the pass attempts ranked 27, 29, 25, 17, 18, 32. In terms of distribution, it's argumentative as to whether McCoy will be the 300 touches workhorse or whether others will vulture carries and catches. Rex's history points to a consistent focus on the running game.

Rex didn't have Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Clay, Goodwin and Hogan. Don't get me wrong, we are not going to pass all over the field. But with our QB situation, teams are going to try to take away our run until we prove we can beat them in the air. With all of the talent to beat defenders one on one like Watkins, Harvin and Clay, we are going to be getting them the ball on the outside, even if it's a ton of screens and short passes. Rex has never had players like this. Not even close.

Rex didn't have Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Clay, Goodwin and Hogan. Don't get me wrong, we are not going to pass all over the field. But with our QB situation, teams are going to try to take away our run until we prove we can beat them in the air. With all of the talent to beat defenders one on one like Watkins, Harvin and Clay, we are going to be getting them the ball on the outside, even if it's a ton of screens and short passes. Rex has never had players like this. Not even close.

Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, and Keller have been staples for years. It's closer than you think it is, considering that the Bills will be putting a QB out there that very much resembles the likes of Sanchez and Geno Smith that Rex had to deal with. There's absolutely NO WAY that the Bills become a pass first team with any of the QB's on the roster right now. I'll say it again, ZERO chance. You can save this if you want to, but right now I'll say that the Bills will have in excess of 500 rushing attempts this season and only about the same or even less passing.

Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, and Keller have been staples for years. It's closer than you think it is, considering that the Bills will be putting a QB out there that very much resembles the likes of Sanchez and Geno Smith that Rex had to deal with. There's absolutely NO WAY that the Bills become a pass first team with any of the QB's on the roster right now. I'll say it again, ZERO chance. You can save this if you want to, but right now I'll say that the Bills will have in excess of 500 rushing attempts this season and only about the same or even less passing.

Never came close to saying it will be pass first. I simply said we will pass more than people think. The other team's defense thinking they will take away the run and dare us to pass being the main reason. We will surely be a run first team. Don't know where you got I think we will be a pass first team. Just said we will pass more than people think, and I think a lot of them will be all but running plays, meaning bubble screens and that type.

As many avid football fans here, I am beginning to construct my draft strategy for the upcoming year. I thought I would open up the discussion as to his perceived value.

LeSean McCoy's ADP is 17. Is this a steal? Will he be a top 5 back this year?

There is no concern that he will be getting the carries. I would even say he will get a good number of goal line carries. The question is, will this year be a repeat of last year's unending field goals in the red zone? Can we convert?

I am usually cautious about drafting bills, then when the time comes I panic and draft a bill in the first round. Hasn't turned out great with spiller the last few years.

Might want to wait until pre season games begin if ya can. Gotta see how well that line blocks in Romans complex run scheme. Last season once Evan Mathis went down with an injury Shady suddenly looked a lot like CJ in looking around for an opening when there wasn't any.

I picked up Fredex after Spiller went out, and he helped me win my league.

Now I'm going to add Greg Roman to the commentary here. 4, 3, 4, 8. Those were the rushing attempts for Greg Roman's offenses in San Francisco. 29, 32, 31, 31. Those were the passing attempts. The Greg Roman hire is consistent with what Ryan has done historically. If anyone is truly trying to read the tea leaves and what's going to happen this year, you simply need to look at history.

Never came close to saying it will be pass first. I simply said we will pass more than people think. The other team's defense thinking they will take away the run and dare us to pass being the main reason. We will surely be a run first team. Don't know where you got I think we will be a pass first team. Just said we will pass more than people think, and I think a lot of them will be all but running plays, meaning bubble screens and that type.

OK, how about this? Bills will be in the top-8 in rushing attempts this year and in the bottom-8 in pass attempts. That's my prediction and I would be happy to have a friendly wager with you personally on it. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, but that's just how your posts read.

Now I'm going to add Greg Roman to the commentary here. 4, 3, 4, 8. Those were the rushing attempts for Greg Roman's offenses in San Francisco. 29, 32, 31, 31. Those were the passing attempts. The Greg Roman hire is consistent with what Ryan has done historically. If anyone is truly trying to read the tea leaves and what's going to happen this year, you simply need to look at history.

We will be in the top ten in attempts if we pick up a lot of first downs, I would agree with that for sure. Plus our defense is going to get the ball back for the offense a lot.

OK, how about this? Bills will be in the top-8 in rushing attempts this year and in the bottom-8 in pass attempts. That's my prediction and I would be happy to have a friendly wager with you personally on it. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, but that's just how your posts read.

I don't think we are far off. Again, I just said we will not be ground and pound or run all the time because we have too much firepower and teams are going to make us pass. Rushing attempts can be misleading, because a lot of it depends on how man first downs you get and a lot is how good a defense you have and some is in how fast you get plays off. I too predict we will be in the top eight in attempts. This all started with Shadys fantasy stats. I just don't think he's going to put up the numbers that some expect because of all the options. If our offense is better than people expect, and we rack up the first downs, then he may get them.

Never draft bills players in fantasy.

That's usually my policy. Of course, for the last ten years it's because the Bills haven't had anyone worth drafting before the tenth round!

This has me hesitate as well. I know people who were pretty upset when they kept puting Polk and Sproles in the red zone.

I also think he is a solid option, but if I was at 10-12 and if he is still available then I'd snatch him up, but if you were unlucky enough to get a high spot this year and have the intention of grabbing McCoy, he can be had for less, I think. A lot of people are skiddish about our offense as a whole rather than him as a player himself, and with our QB situation, they may have some valid points.

I think he's definitely a second rounder this year; at 10-12 you can grab a top WR or Gronk or someone and target Shady coming back early in the 2d.

I've already decided I'm not taking him in the first round. Seeing as its all local WNY guys in my league, there's no way he drops past the first so I've already determined I will not be drafting him on my 2015 team this year and I'm ok with it....I agree with the guys who said stay away from Bills players at all costs in fantasy drafts B-)

That's usually my policy. Of course, for the last ten years it's because the Bills haven't had anyone worth drafting before the tenth round!

I think he's definitely a second rounder this year; at 10-12 you can grab a top WR or Gronk or someone and target Shady coming back early in the 2d.

Yeah, I can see that. I love getting the late round pick. Picking 12 and 13 (or 11 and 14) is loads better than picking 1 and 24 in my opinion.

I'd be happy grabbing a superstar WR first and McCoy second.

What do you guys think about Odell? I was able to pick him up in all 3 leagues and made it to 2 championships last year but only won one, but with Victor Cruz on his way back, I am not sure he will get the same production.

Yeah, I can see that. I love getting the late round pick. Picking 12 and 13 (or 11 and 14) is loads better than picking 1 and 24 in my opinion.

I'd be happy grabbing a superstar WR first and McCoy second.

What do you guys think about Odell? I was able to pick him up in all 3 leagues and made it to 2 championships last year but only won one, but with Victor Cruz on his way back, I am not sure he will get the same production.

i think OBJ is a great fantasy pick, but I don't think he will have the same production. Should still be a consistent producer, barring injury.

i think OBJ is a great fantasy pick, but I don't think he will have the same production. Should still be a consistent producer, barring injury.

I think he is a great pick too, but they are projecting him at 15. I guess that's fair though.

Edit: On second thought, he will probably be snatched up too quickly for me. The hype train for him is too much I think.

Edited by What a Tuel