Kiko article in Philly

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the hype of the eagles. I am over Kiko and don't give a crap if he succeeds or not based purely off of the hype everyone is giving him. Same with Spiller.

I want former Bills to succeed, but many are delusional. Alonso was good, very very good in Buffalo and will be very good in Phili (and I don't like the trade for that matter). I do not know if he will be able to hold it all together in that lousy defensive backfield, though.

And, Spiller. He'll break some free but he will disappoint in common Spiller ways.

I hate the hype of the eagles. I am over Kiko and don't give a crap if he succeeds or not based purely off of the hype everyone is giving him. Same with Spiller.

I want former Bills to succeed, but many are delusional. Alonso was good, very very good in Buffalo and will be very good in Phili (and I don't like the trade for that matter). I do not know if he will be able to hold it all together in that lousy defensive backfield, though.

And, Spiller. He'll break some free but he will disappoint in common Spiller ways.

I agree for the most part about kiko, but I think spiller will have a breakout season. he's primed for more success than ever and I just want him to stay healthy. he deserves it.

I agree for the most part about kiko, but I think spiller will have a breakout season. he's primed for more success than ever and I just want him to stay healthy. he deserves it.

Payton is not the offensive genius that Chan was. Brees is arguably better then Fitz was at this point in his career. Without Jimmy Graham the Saints will struggle.

His biggest problem is an inability to process information so going to a more complex offense is not likely to yield the results people expect.

Think the core of the bills right now is:

Dareus

Mario

K. WIlliams

Hughes

Preston Brown

Gilmore

Watkins

Shady

Clay

Wood (despite a reported bad practice today)

Carpenter

This is about all you can pay at the top range of salary at their position. Neither Kiko or Spiller would crack this list today. This makes them part of the roster that can be churned...and in fact we traded Kiko who was not part of the core for Shady who is...A good trade--upgraded talent at a position of need (exposed last year) by trading from a position of strength (Front 7 on D). Also will get a comp pick or two for net loss in FA.

The Bills are finally spending money like other NFL teams which means cap management to keep the core intact is necessary--churning outside the core is going to happen.

Dareus

Mario

K. WIlliams

Hughes

Preston Brown

Gilmore

Watkins

Shady

Clay

Carpenter

This is about all you can pay at the top range of salary at their position. Neither Kiko or Spiller would crack this list today. This makes them part of the roster that can be churned...and in fact we traded Kiko who was not part of the core for Shady who is...A good trade--upgraded talent at a position of need (exposed last year) by trading from a position of strength (Front 7 on D). Also will get a comp pick or two for net loss in FA.

The Bills are finally spending money like other NFL teams which means cap management to keep the core intact is necessary--churning outside the core is going to happen.

Nigel Bradham is the key player in this scenario because he is a pending FA.

Alonso was cheap and under control for several more years.

Not having Alonso may lead to having to renew Bradham at a time when they might not want to make that decision.

And subsequently the paying of McCoy may result in losing Glenn or Gilmore.

Time will tell but the Bills have a dreadful history in these situations.

They used most of their draft picks in the 2000's trying to replace good young players and that helped keep them down.

Dareus

Mario

K. WIlliams

Hughes

Preston Brown

Gilmore

Watkins

Shady

Clay

Carpenter

maybe i missed it in all info but where was wood said to have had a bad practice?

Nigel Bradham is the key player in this scenario because he is a pending FA.

Alonso was cheap and under control for several more years.

Not having Alonso may lead to having to renew Bradham at a time when they might not want to make that decision.

And subsequently the paying of McCoy may result in losing Glenn or Gilmore.

Time will tell but the Bills have a dreadful history in these situations.

They used most of their draft picks in the 2000's trying to replace good young players and that helped keep them down.

You always have great opinions Badol...my glass half-full ones are as follows:

I don't believe Bradham will play like a core this year and will show that he's replaceable. He thrived in Shwartz's system but struggled in Pettine's is my evidence.

The growth is cap space will allow Glenn to get a deal done I believe particularly after M. Williams extends.

Alonzo was a loss = he thrived in Pettine's system and can play in space -- I know this sounds crazy but I think Ty Powell has these same skills and is bigger (1" Shorter but 10 lbs heavier) and faster (4.6 flat 40 to Alonso's 4.64 best) and was making drop plays all over the place in mini-camp. He's less likely to get engulfed like Alonso was the second half of his rookie year...Powell probably is more stout against the run and while not as great as Alonso in coverage (but who knows after the third knee injury) but is serviceable.

I think picking up Shady is a 3 year hope that we are competitive -- if Shady is on the Bills for 3 years the cap hit for a cut is less than $6 million and 4 years is less than $3 million

That's my side.

Edited by JoeF

Pay Dareus Suh +1%.

Restructure Mario.

No QB money.

Sign Gilmore.

Glenn is nothing special but is above average. If you can sign to a reasonable contract then fine. If not franchise for a year or let him walk. Henderson or a draft pick can replace Glenn.

Let Fred retire. Cut McKellen next year.

Let Bradham walk and draft replacement or sign a cheaper FA.

Said in notes that he got beat by Corbin Bryant twice and Stefan Charles once...look at Joe B.'s notes on WKBW..

10-4. Been saying it since last Summer, we need to look at that position. 2013 he began to wear down by the end of the season and was major poopoo last year.

We needed to draft an OC and let him play OG until we had no choice but to pull Wood.

Pay Dareus Suh +1%.

Restructure Mario.

No QB money.

Sign Gilmore.

Glenn is nothing special but is above average. If you can sign to a reasonable contract then fine. If not franchise for a year or let him walk. Henderson or a draft pick can replace Glenn.

Bradham and Glenn can be retained in your scenario.

Guys like Robey and Wood are being forgotten in all of this nonsense.

10-4. Been saying it since last Summer, we need to look at that position. 2013 he began to wear down by the end of the season and was major poopoo last year.

We needed to draft an OC and let him play OG until we had no choice but to pull Wood.

Bradham and Glenn can be retained in your scenario.

Guys like Robey and Wood are being forgotten in all of this nonsense.

I agree on Wood. What gives me some confidence is that the Bills are probably a lot stronger at G (Miller and Richie vs. Pears and Fat tubs of Injured goo) this year than last. The other thing you will read in Joe B.'s notes is that Miller won 3 of 4 reps against Kyle and Dareus...not bad for a first NFL contact practice....

His biggest problem is an inability to process information so going to a more complex offense is not likely to yield the results people expect.

Never heard that once.

Pay Dareus Suh +1%.

Restructure Mario.

No QB money.

Sign Gilmore.

Suh + 1%?? I thought we were hoping for less than that deal.

I agree on Wood. What gives me some confidence is that the Bills are probably a lot stronger at G (Miller and Richie vs. Pears and Fat tubs of Injured goo) this year than last. The other thing you will read in Joe B.'s notes is that Miller won 3 of 4 reps against Kyle and Dareus...not bad for a first NFL contact practice....

We would be better off if we could have got and can get now an OG who can play OC. Urbik to OC isn't my ideal situation. But, if we could have got the #1 rated OC this past draft who plays OC better then anything else I would be fine with moving Wood to RG. The Bills have to realize they suck at OL and grading out talent so they have to be open for some outside the box thinking.

i thought it was a fair article on kiko and one that was mostly rehashed from a year or so ago when he wore the bills uni. i don't get the complaints about an over-hyped Kiko especially after reading all of the over-hyped things we are being fed on the 2015 Bills, a team without a bonafide QB for gods sakes. When we finish 4th in the division because we have the 4th best QB in the division there will be a lot of gnashing of teeth on this board.

i thought it was a fair article on kiko and one that was mostly rehashed from a year or so ago when he wore the bills uni. i don't get the complaints about an over-hyped Kiko especially after reading all of the over-hyped things we are being fed on the 2015 Bills, a team without a bonafide QB for gods sakes. When we finish 4th in the division because we have the 4th best QB in the division there will be a lot of gnashing of teeth on this board.

So keeping Kiko wouldn't have made a bit of difference then, right? But in return, the Bills got an All-Pro RB to take pressure off that 4th best QB.