NFL LIVE on ESPN

Buftex

but then again we saw what happened the final game of the season when the entire team broke down.  i know alot of you like to pin that squarely on drew's shoulders, but the starting D gave up a long run to a backup RB late in the game and our supposed automatic kicker shanked a gimme

235438[/snapback]

Don't forget our great punt returner/all-pro CB fumbled our first possession away before Drew even stepped on the field. I suppose that was Drew's fault too. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to break the news to you, but those two guys know very little about NFL players and the behind the scenes stuff off the field. I'm not saying they know nothing about the game because they both played, but when it comes to off the field stuff they don't know anything. Mortsen and Clayton are the guys who get those types of scoopes --- the real journalists.

235529[/snapback]

Umm, it's okay, I can take the news.

The fact that these guys were players, and know the game makes their opinion, IMO, all the more valid in this case. Neither was saying that the Bills would not cut Bledsoe (they weren't addressing rumours) only that they thought it would be a mistake for them to do so. I happen to agree. Their point, more over, was that the Bills are at the doorstep to being a dominant team, to risk taking a step backward, by blindly going with JP would be foolish. I am not of the opinion that JP cannot win the job in a contest with Drew, only that to create a situation where we sink or swim with JP is nuts.

Yes, there are some vets we can, and likely would bring in, should Bledsoe be cut, but the ones that would be upgrades over Bledsoe, would seem to not really want to step into this situation. The ones that would be most likely to come, IMO, are downgrades from Bledsoe.

Some of you are acting like you have some insider knowledge tha JP Losman is already the "next Brett Favre"! Honestly, I don't know how you could know that, unless you live in Lousianna. The fact is, we know very little about what we have in Losman. I hope to god he is the "next Brett Favre", but I am also conscious of the fact, that pre-draft, he had some major detractors.

In February, you have all turned into dispassionate Bills observers, saying just let the kid learn on the job, but come October, if the Bills get off to a miserable start, and JP is not burning up the stat sheets, I suspect that many of you will be crying in your beer, about how bad he is, and how bad the Bills are, and what an idiot TD is. Doesn't it say something when the best/logical option for an exeperienced vetran alternative to Bledsoe is Charlie Batch?

Don't forget our great punt returner/all-pro CB fumbled our first possession away before Drew even stepped on the field.  I suppose that was Drew's fault too.  :)

235620[/snapback]

I have heard rumors that Drew told him to drop the ball, he wanted a tougher challenge than just trying to win. :D

Don't forget our great punt returner/all-pro CB fumbled our first possession away before Drew even stepped on the field.  I suppose that was Drew's fault too.  :)

235620[/snapback]

that same punt returner/all-pro CB was directly responsible for a TD on an INT return, a forced fumble, another forced INT, and a punt return into pittsburgh territory that resulted in a WM TD run. try again.

Training camp, mini camps, etc...if these coaches can't tell what the kid can do from there we don't have a very good coaching staff.

235548[/snapback]

Rob Johnson looked like Joe Montana in training camp. Drew usually looks like Unitas in camp. Josh Reed is the next Jerry Rice in August.

What I'm trying to say here is that we will never know what he has until he plays real live NFL football. The longer he waits the more of the talent we have leaves.

Let's get him in there now so he's either ready to win by 2006 or at least ready to play better than Drew.

that same punt returner/all-pro CB was directly responsible for a TD on an INT return, a forced fumble, another forced INT, and a punt return into pittsburgh territory that resulted in a WM TD run.  try again.

235729[/snapback]

Wasn't that same all-pro CB responsible for losing the Jags game? You know, the game that had we won would've put us in the playoffs?

Or was it Moulds who fumbled on the 5-10 yard line?

It's easy to blame one player, Unfortunately, football is a team sport, so it's never really that simple.

CW

Wasn't that same all-pro CB responsible for losing the Jags game?  You know, the game that had we won would've put us in the playoffs?

236154[/snapback]

Waiting for the response: "Drew had 15 games to make up for that oopsie." :ph34r:

Wasn't that same all-pro CB responsible for losing the Jags game?  You know, the game that had we won would've put us in the playoffs?

236154[/snapback]

you're kidding, right? seems to me that clements' mis-play put the ball at around the buffalo 40. it wasn't a TD.

Waiting for the response:  "Drew had 15 games to make up for that oopsie."   :ph34r:

236190[/snapback]

They were playing the STARTERS for the Jags bro, STARTERS. Not the Pittsburg scrubs at home with a playoff birth on the line. I would love to hear from you why those 3 turnovers (two directly leading to 10 points) were not Drew's fault. Why the 7 three and outs were not Drew's fault. Explain to us why we should be supporting Drew as the Bills starting QB in the 2005 season. Please.

They were playing the STARTERS for the Jags bro, STARTERS. Not the Pittsburg scrubs at home with a playoff birth on the line. I would love to hear from you why those 3 turnovers (two directly leading to 10 points) were not Drew's fault. Why the 7 three and outs were not Drew's fault. Explain to us why we should be supporting Drew as the Bills starting QB in the 2005 season. Please.

236330[/snapback]

But by the same logic our starting defense was going up against a third-string QB and running back when they gave up the back-breaking drive in the Pitt game.

this is getting to be a real dead topic

drew will be the qb this year

why?

wm didnt start off the season, we had a new offensive scheme, emo wasnt in the best of shape.......joshreed couldnt catch and the O line was moved around too much

there u go

But by the same logic our starting defense was going up against a third-string QB and running back when they gave up the back-breaking drive in the Pitt game.

236335[/snapback]

Yes, but as stated on here many times before, that was just one drive. The defense was exhausted at that point from all the three and outs.

Yes, but as stated on here many times before, that was just one drive.  The defense was exhausted at that point from all the three and outs.

236347[/snapback]

our D was killed the entire game from backups

no excuses our offense was just as bad against the backups on D

our D was killed the entire game from backups

no excuses our offense was just as bad against the backups on D

236353[/snapback]

Drew handed them 10 points. Final score? 29-24 end of story, end of season, thanks and drive home safely.

Good luck with your new team Drew.

Yes, but as stated on here many times before, that was just one drive.  The defense was exhausted at that point from all the three and outs.

236347[/snapback]

The defense was exhausted? That's BS. Buffalo had just completed a *15* play drive when Lindell missed the fieldgoal that would've put us up by *4* points instead of 1. After the missed fieldgoal on a FIFTEEN PLAY drive (ie: plenty of time to rest), and with Buffalo AHEAD by a point, they allowed Willie Parker (who?) to run 58 yards and get a go-ahead fieldgoal. Tell me again why the defense should be exhausted after a 15 play, 7+ minute drive?

That's a weak argument, try again.

Fact of the matter is, blame Bledsoe for giving up 10 points, fine, whatever. But there were plenty of other plays by other people in that game AND other games that would've put us in the playoffs as well. TH doesn't stumble on his feet aginst Oakland. and scores wins that game. NC bats the ball down on 4th down against the Jags wins that game. WM gets the 1 yard on 3rd and 1 against the Patriots and maybe we win that game (on 4th and long, Bledsoe went back to pass, we missed a block up front, and he fumbles). We had our chances, but there were plenty of screwups by players other than Bledsoe that also cost us the playoffs. Of course, by reading the posts around here you'd think we went 2-14 instead of being 1 game out of the playoffs for two of the past three seasons. But drink the Kool Ade, we can't get any worse with Steve's grandma playing QB. :P:doh:

CW

The defense was exhausted?  That's BS.  Buffalo had just completed a *15* play drive when Lindell missed the fieldgoal that would've put us up by *4* points instead of 1.  After the missed fieldgoal on a FIFTEEN PLAY drive (ie: plenty of time to rest), and with Buffalo AHEAD by a point, they allowed Willie Parker (who?) to run 58 yards and get a go-ahead fieldgoal.  Tell me again why the defense should be exhausted after a 15 play, 7+ minute drive?

That's a weak argument, try again.

True that. Prior to that almost-9 minute drive by the Steelers' 3rd string offense, the TOP was virtually equal (go to NFL.com and look at the gamebook if you have any doubts). The defense scored a TD, but they also gave up 16 points to the Steelers' 2nd string, and 6 points to the 3rd string. That for the top defense in yards per play given up and who prior to that game was allowing just 16.1 points per game (both stats against FIRST STRING OFFENSES) is UNACCEPTABLE. Then there were the ST's who had a performance rivalling the worst days of Ronnie Jones. Still more was the O-line failing to get McGahee more than 1 yard on 1st down everytime except once, and thus putting them in 2nd and long. Then there was the lack of a TE threat. And WR drops and stupid penalties. And wimpy play-calling. But no, the reason the team lost is because of Bledsoe. Right. :doh:

True that.  Prior to that almost-9 minute drive by the Steelers' 3rd string offense, the TOP was virtually equal (go to NFL.com and look at the gamebook if you have any doubts).  The defense scored a TD, but they also gave up 16 points to the Steelers' 2nd string, and 6 points to the 3rd string.  That for the top defense in yards per play given up and who prior to that game was allowing just 16.3 points per game (both stats against FIRST STRING OFFENSES) is UNACCEPTABLE.  Then there were the ST's who had a performance rivalling the worst days of Ronnie Jones.  Still more was the O-line failing to get McGahee more than 1 yard on 1st down everytime except once, and thus putting them in 2nd and long.  Then there was the lack of a TE threat.  And WR drops and stupid penalties.  And wimpy play-calling.  But no, the reason the team lost is because of Bledsoe.  Right. :doh:

236579[/snapback]

And before everyone jumps down your throat, nobody's saying DB didn't make mistakes - the interception he threw was bad. The fumble was borderline bad (although they did blitz from that side of the field). But to pin the whole game (or even a majority) on the QB is dumb IMHO.

But these are the same people who think a 9-7 season is a guarantee next year if JPL is playing (can't do any worse than DB). I hope they're right, and I better not read any complaints if we suck next year.

CW