NFL LIVE on ESPN

Buftex

And before everyone jumps down your throat, nobody's saying DB didn't make mistakes - the interception he threw was bad.  The fumble was borderline bad (although they did blitz from that side of the field).  But to pin the whole game (or even a majority) on the QB is dumb IMHO.

It is. And I've already said that Drew didn't play well, but he wasn't the only one by a longshot as I tried to show. And yes the INT was bad, so I guess I can excuse the defense for giving up the FG that resulted from it, but again, 19 points against a 2nd and 3rd string offense when you've given-up just 16.1 points against 1st string offenses all year long is unacceptable no matter HOW you look at it.

But these are the same people who think a 9-7 season is a guarantee next year if JPL is playing (can't do any worse than DB).  I hope they're right, and I better not read any complaints if we suck next year.

Well the one thing that throws things off a bit is the $12M the Bills will be able to spend on offense. I dare say that with the moves I expect the Bills to make, Bledsoe would have led the Bills into the playoffs easily (barring unforeseen injuries), and they may allow JP to have a Roethlisberger type of season (not in number of wins, but being able to win without him shouldering the load).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has already been posted.  On ESPN's NFL LIVE tonight, they were runnig down the big name vetrans who might be cut before March 2nd.  It was Mark Schelreth, Mike Golic, and the host (sorry can't remember his name).  When they got to Bledsoe, all agreed that the Bills needed to find a way to restructure his deal and keep him next season.  I know we all have strong opinions about this.  I am of the opinion that they should hold on to him too, not because I think he is the greatest QB, but I think he is better than a lot of our alternatives, and I think the quality of his play has been exaggerated by some, to a degree.  Anyway, that is a tired topic, but Schelreth nailed it on the head, when he said (and I am paraphrasing) "Bledsoe played well the second half of the season, and you just can't know if JP Losman is ready.  The Bills are on the cusp of being a very good team in the NFL, cutting Bledsoe, and putting the season on Losman is too big a gamble.  The window of opportunity in the NFL is so short, this could set the Bills back a step..."  I gotta say, I agree with Schelreth.

235232[/snapback]

Well...being "set back a step" from 3 consecutive non-Playoff Seasons with Bledsoe at QB is a gamble I have a feeling the Bills are willing to take...Or is it really a gamble at all considering?...

The Bills are no where close to Teams in the AFC like New England and Pittsburgh with Bledsoe, so I really believe this gamble is minimal...

I wonder if Schelreth or the bunch would give The Bills a chance in hell against the better AFC Teams in The Playoffs (with Bledsoe) next Year...I just don't see where this is that big a risk...The Bills have been on the cusp of being a very good Team since Bledsoe's arrival...So how exactly has that worked out for them?? :doh:

It is.  And I've already said that Drew didn't play well, but he wasn't the only one by a longshot as I tried to show.  And yes the INT was bad, so I guess I can excuse the defense for giving up the FG that resulted from it, but again, 19 points against a 2nd and 3rd string offense when you've given-up just 16.1 points against 1st string offenses all year long is unacceptable no matter HOW you look at it.

Well the one thing that throws things off a bit is the $12M the Bills will be able to spend on offense.  I dare say that with the moves I expect the Bills to make, Bledsoe would have led the Bills into the playoffs easily (barring unforeseen injuries), and they may allow JP to have a Roethlisberger type of season (not in number of wins, but being able to win without him shouldering the load).

236587[/snapback]

Fine by me if JP has a Big Ben type of season. If we make it to the AFC championship game I'll be pleased.

I don't think Drew would win the superbowl, nor do I think that JP will either. However, I'd rather JP make the mistakes and learn from it then Drew, who is aging. That is, if Drew actually learned from his mistakes.