US soldiers opposed to war now find Canada less hospitable

If you are going to put a time line on it, you should have done it in your original claim, and not agreed to the point on an issue that is well beyond ten years ago.

You are quite correct. in your post claiming Eagle Claw was directly the result of inadequate equipment and training .

That post is in direct conflict with your original claim, that no such example existed.

Further, the entire nonsense in the Middle East in that time frame was the direct result of the US military being weakened.

Failure is a relative term. The US military was woefully under supplied under Carter, and it took years to fix. Even Grenada shows limitations and cost lives.

DC Tom is quite correct in his assessment.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything in the last 70 years? I was responding to your idiotic statement that our military is not adequate due to under supply and sherpa's comment that it had happened many times. If yall can't come up with anything in the last 10 years or so, sort of calls your point into question.

Let's go with "Soldiers don't have body armor!" and "Unarmored vehicles are unarmored!" Or the bomb shortage in Vietnam. Or the current shortage of desperately needed EW aircraft (since the old ones are all retired as of last week, leaving only three squadrons of Growlers.)

Name calling is always an effective strategy when you're typing out of your A$$ (again).

I keep giving you meaningful, verifiable, factual information, and you keep accusing me of pulling it out of my ass based on your demonstrated complete lack of knowledge of the subject. Calling you an ignorant little spud isn't name-calling, it's an empirical observation.

Edited by DC Tom

Let's go with "Soldiers don't have body armor!" and "Unarmored vehicles are unarmored!" Or the bomb shortage in Vietnam. Or the current shortage of desperately needed EW aircraft (since the old ones are all retired as of last week, leaving only three squadrons of Growlers.)

I keep giving you meaningful, verifiable, factual information, and you keep accusing me of pulling it out of my ass based on your demonstrated complete lack of knowledge of the subject. Calling you an ignorant little spud isn't name-calling, it's an empirical observation.

Good point in paragraph 1. Thanks..

Calling people names IS name calling no matter how you want to slice it. And a chicken $hit move to boot.

Calling people names IS name calling no matter how you want to slice it. And a chicken **** move to boot.

Have you considered the possibility that one reason you're being called names is because you're reacting to it?

Good point in paragraph 1. Thanks..

Calling people names IS name calling no matter how you want to slice it. And a chicken **** move to boot.

No, a chickenshit move would be to ONLY call someone names.

I provide substantive information, then observe that you're an ignorant little spud after YOU fail to understand it. That's not "calling names." That's a dialectal methodology for the purpose of allowing the opportunity to ask yourself "Am I really being an ignorant little spud?" Thus, perhaps, learning something about the world around you, rather than just saying "Well...national defense is adequate because...I don't know, but I'm entitled to an opinion!"

You idiot.