Who are your top 10 Bills of all time?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order:

Steve Tasker - Changed the way the game is played. The Otto Graham of special teams.

Butch Rolle - Mr. Touchdown, until he dropped one and ended his career with the Bills.

OJ - My hero growing up, only to be betrayed (it was you OJ, you broke my haht)

Shane Conlan - Best true LB the Bills ever had, I'll never forget the Denver game where his knee was bent sideways and ended his career.

Fred Jackson - 2nd best running back the Bills ever had, yeah I seddit! (I will never forgive Thurman for quitting in SB XXVIII, we shoulda won that game)

Bruuuuce - 'nuff said.

Andre Reed - Best Bills receiver ever, and fearless over the middle like no one else.

Doug Flutie - Saved the Bills from extinction, would have beaten the Titians.

Roosevelt Leaks - Knees shot, best years behind him, but he was unstoppable on 3rd and 1.

Don Beebe - Blazingly fast, great hands, tough as nails (see bobblehead highlight), everything a Bill should be.

In no particular order:

Steve Tasker - Changed the way the game is played. The Otto Graham of special teams.

Butch Rolle - Mr. Touchdown, until he dropped one and ended his career with the Bills.

Shane Conlan - Best true LB the Bills ever had, I'll never forget the Denver game where his knee was bent sideways and ended his career.

Fred Jackson - 2nd best running back the Bills ever had, yeah I seddit! (I will never forgive Thurman for quitting in SB XXVIII, we shoulda won that game)

Bruuuuce - 'nuff said.

Andre Reed - Best Bills receiver ever, and fearless over the middle like no one else.

Roosevelt Leaks - Knees shot, best years behind him, but he was unstoppable on 3rd and 1.

Don Beebe - Blazingly fast, great hands, tough as nails (see bobblehead highlight), everything a Bill should be.

Interesting; good post!

No love for Golden Wheels?

Also, Archie Matsos was the type of linebacker we should have more of now.

How can Dangerous Dan McGrew not be on these lists? He was so consistent; consistently snapping the ball over the punter's head.

On the Bottom 10 List, Walt Patulski heads it up, no question.

Wolfgang Felgemacher anyone?

Another great post, man, you remember Archie Matsos, I love it!

In no particular order:

Bruuuuce - 'nuff said.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Butch was a play maker and Booker was long regarded as one of the best cover corners in the league one on one.

Thanks, I didn't know Booker was that highly regarded. Butch was much more impressive to these 3rd-grader eyes.

I have always liked playmakers more throughout my fandom though. Much respect here for Thomas Smith, but I would take Nate Clements over him in their primes.

Old timers list

1. OJ Simpson (I dont care)

2. Jim Kelly ( he turned it around)

3. Marlin Briscoe (the magician)

4. Steve Tasker ( what fun to watch)

5, Robert James (what a corner, what a waste)

6. Mike Stratton ( for "the hit" alone would be enough)

7. Elbert Dubenion (best nickname ever)

8. Ed Rutkowski (played more positions than anyone and fumbled the ball against Oakland to get us #1)

9. Fred Jackson (I don't think I have ever enjoyed watching a player develop more)

10. Mack Yoho (because the fans got to chant Yoooooooooooooooooo-ho when he kicked off and he got to play defensive end and kick field goals badly)

Edited by Yoho

I'm 61 years old. I started following the Bills seriously in 1963, so those great Bills teams of the 60's I saw a lot of. Jack Kemp was a very good QB. Solid but prone to turnovers and not blessed with a huge arm like Lamonica. It was quite a controversy back in the day as to who the top guy was. Jack Kemp was very good, very smart, a leader and very solid QB. The Bills though were a run 1st team with Gilchrist and Wray Carlton and a GREAT defense. Much like I expect this year's team to be. Kemp, Ferguson and Jim Kelly are it for me in terms of Bills QBs. Kemp is top 20 for sure in my opinion. Billy Shaw, Mike Stratton, Butch Byrd and maybe others could easily be included in a top 10 list. Cant have them all though I guess.

Good points on Kemp. He was a smart QB, but didn't have a great arm, it was adequate. Carlton, Shaw, Byrd, Gilchrist, Sestak & more, I remember them all. I too am in my 60's & watched a few games at the Rockpile. That's why I gave you kudos for getting their names into the discussion. Maybe the Rockpile should be up on the wall of fame, along with Lou & Cookie?